Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2433 2434 [2435] 2436 2437 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697701 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Et tu, Firefox? Edition
« Reply #36510 on: May 10, 2014, 07:00:39 pm »

I thought IE always won by default? Kinda' like windows when it comes to OSs.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2014, 07:11:05 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36511 on: May 10, 2014, 07:03:27 pm »

I meant in a fight kinda way, not jsut letting IE win because windows has more computers than google and apple do.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36512 on: May 10, 2014, 09:58:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
This just in: reading is now ableist and classist. Never mind that, by this person's own logic, they are ableist and classist because they made a post with text in it on the internet.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36513 on: May 10, 2014, 10:05:03 pm »

Two things to realize:

1) The vast majority of this sort of stuff is satire.
2) These people can't harm you in any meaningful capacity.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Redzephyr01

• Bay Watcher
  • Ferrum Cor
    • View Profile
« Reply #36514 on: May 10, 2014, 10:09:34 pm »

Two things to realize:

1) The vast majority of this sort of stuff is satire.
The reason I'm angry about this is that I have a disability, and this person is making it that much harder for people to take ableism seriously.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36515 on: May 10, 2014, 10:50:40 pm »

Two things to realize:

1) The vast majority of this sort of stuff is satire.[citation needed]

No offense, but...

Yeah, it'd be nice to be able to claim that all the crazies that stray too far towards the rim of our part of the socio-political color wheel are satirists having a field day, but given how willing we (and I explicitly include a good many of us on this forum, not least myself) are willing to automatically assume the worst about people espousing radical views which don't resemble our own, it is a tad hypocritical to do so. Because I can pretty much guarantee you that if that had been a screencap of something that read like a Daily Mail headline or a quote from a guest on Fox News, there would probably have not been a single person suggesting that it wasn't genuine sentiment being expressed. :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #36516 on: May 10, 2014, 11:26:35 pm »

The people expressing these things aren't in any sort of position of power, either. If a politician or something said the exact same thing I'd assume it's genuine. Random people on the internet? I assume crazy shit is trolling until proven otherwise. Maybe I'm naive but it keeps me sane.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36517 on: May 11, 2014, 12:24:21 am »

I'm honestly not sure if I've got the massive capacity for self-delusion that would be required to maintain that sort of mindset where I live, considering that (anecdotal evidence warning) I've overheard or been told things that were both held in good faith and as mindboggling as that at least once every week or two. For me at least it's just easier to accept that a certain proportion of any population is going to be absolutely bonkers, and to cherish the ones that are interesting and entertaining while trying not to cringe too obviously when the ones that aren't open their mouths.

That aside, some brands of crazy are more politically acceptable than others in any given location, ergo politicians can get away with believing/pretending to buy into it. See: Warlordism in Arizona not being stopped by the government because--let's be honest here--they're white. And because the Feds are more reluctant to try and crack down on that sort of militia activity after dealing with things like Waco, of course.

3. Run Resize Enable

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #36518 on: May 11, 2014, 01:24:14 am »

That aside, some brands of crazy are more politically acceptable than others in any given location, ergo politicians can get away with believing/pretending to buy into it. See: Warlordism in Arizona not being stopped by the government because--let's be honest here--they're white. And because the Feds are more reluctant to try and crack down on that sort of militia activity after dealing with things like Waco, of course.

O_o what?
It's FEF, not FEOF

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #36519 on: May 11, 2014, 02:18:27 am »

Ooooooowwwwwww
I'm certain I got a fuckign ear infection, because my eardrum's been trying to explode from the inside for the last half an hour with no explanation.
Well, guess I'm not going to work tomorrow - this much pain all day and I'll be murdering customers who come up to order a pizza.
That plus I'd be sprawled out along the counter in pain.
My ear really fucking hurts. Fuck you ear. Stop hurting.

EDIT: for fucks sake the pressure pushed my jaw out of alignment and I can't crick it back into place.
This is going to suck to recover from.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 02:30:54 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #36520 on: May 11, 2014, 02:44:24 am »

O_o what?
Cliven Bundy. He had national-level political and media support for his 'right' to overgraze his cattle on public land without paying the normal fees, at least until he started openly talking about how black people should be slaves again. Of course the armed militia groups that moved in to prevent federal agents from removing his herds from public land couldn't care less, and in fact have started setting up checkpoints and demanding proof of residency from travelers.

The future is here and it is the past.

3. Run Resize Enable

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #36521 on: May 11, 2014, 09:14:35 am »

So I was in Thanos (a local restaurant) and they kept showing those two gay football players sharing a nice kiss.
So cue every fucking ignorant hick at the counter saying "ewww" in unison and all conversation in the place turning to how being gay is wrong and how they should keep that off tv and "that's why theres so much violence in the world"

No, fucking hillbilly douchebag, there is "so much violence in the world" because people can't just accept each other and have to be dickheads like all of you.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Guardian G.I.

• Bay Watcher
  • "And it ducks, and it covers!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36522 on: May 11, 2014, 10:21:49 am »

I've accidentally killed the pen of my Wacom Bamboo tablet by dropping it.
Why am I so fucking clumsy?
this means that a donation of 30 dollars to a developer that did not deliver would equal 4.769*10^-14 hitlers stolen from you
that's like half a femtohitler
and that is terrible
Sigtext

Kamin

• Bay Watcher
  • Once you go cloaca, you never go backa.
    • View Profile
    • Slaves to Alcohol: Desura DF Fanpage
« Reply #36523 on: May 11, 2014, 10:35:50 am »

So I was in Thanos (a local restaurant) and they kept showing those two gay football players sharing a nice kiss.
So cue every fucking ignorant hick at the counter saying "ewww" in unison and all conversation in the place turning to how being gay is wrong and how they should keep that off tv and "that's why theres so much violence in the world"

No, fucking hillbilly douchebag, there is "so much violence in the world" because people can't just accept each other and have to be dickheads like all of you.

I agree 100%; pretty much indisputable there. However, if they (the restaurant) "kept showing" it, it would get very annoying, gender be damned.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #36524 on: May 11, 2014, 10:36:30 am »

I've accidentally killed the pen of my Wacom Bamboo tablet by dropping it.
Why am I so fucking clumsy?
Try dropping it again to fix it?
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 2433 2434 [2435] 2436 2437 ... 3345