Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2411 2412 [2413] 2414 2415 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697695 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile

They definitely have chocolate covered bugs of varying sorts -- I know I've seen (like, in person, and watched people eat) ant and grasshopper -- but I'm not aware of if they do or do not have frozen varieties.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just go to Taco Bell and look in your cup.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!

I get mosquitoes everywhere even when the doors are closed. And it's winter right now. Africa, everybody.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile

Fuck that nonsense. I'll stick to my first world problems.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH

Acquire lizards/carnivorous plants/spiderd and reduce mozzy pop

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!

Acquire lizards/carnivorous plants/spiderd and reduce mozzy pop

Don't get me started on the geckos.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile

...Seriously? Vaccines...causing that?
It looks like people don't understand, and that lacking understanding really kills :/
Rage-related: There are "semi"-celebrities advocating that trash?!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!

No, that's the number of people anti-vaccination people have indirectly killed. Those are the lives that would have been saved by vacination.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

...I think that was what I was pointing at earlier. By not allowing vaccination to happen, this death has occurred due to utter lack of prevention/cure. Though I guess I didn't voice it out :X

Funny thing is, if that logic was followed, then a sure case of 'Autism == Vaccine receiving' would pop up!

I'm disbelieving that idea thoroughly due to none of that ever even being an idea in my country. >_>

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

More rageworthy is the fact that people blindly follow celebrity endorsements without even doing their own objective research. Sure, you can do research, but if biased research is all you're gonna do, you'll never reach a proper conclusion.

And they didn't even bother.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

More rageworthy is the fact that people blindly follow celebrity endorsements without even doing their own objective research. Sure, you can do research, but if biased research is all you're gonna do, you'll never reach a proper conclusion.

And they didn't even bother.
I'm more surprised and O_o than rage'y at that.
It's something I do not fully understand.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile

I suppose I find it kind of rageworthy primarily because of people suddenly going straight to conclusions even when they haven't bothered, as I've said before.

A lot of people take satire, for example, as true RL fact. While we can't discredit that any piece of satire as false, they fail to see that the problem is being pointed out metaphorically, but it is being presented in a way that shows what any given thing could be.

Too bad some people treat it as real life news, instead of reading between the lines and analyzing the message. This gives satire slight infamy as a lie-propagation system. And I hate that.

But I feel that I'm digressing. The point is, before people make conclusions, they should do proper research, and keep from half-assing it.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile

It's like the original vaccination against small pox. "Vacc" means cow, and people genuinely thought that, given it was derived from a cow's disease, it would give people animal-like characteristics. Which is just foolish,.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile

It's like the original vaccination against small pox. "Vacc" means cow, and people genuinely thought that, given it was derived from a cow's disease, it would give people animal-like characteristics. Which is just foolish,.
They still chose to vaccinate, though. Being a cow was preferable to being diseased. It's not until some phony research linked vaccines to autism that people started to fear them.
Pages: 1 ... 2411 2412 [2413] 2414 2415 ... 3345