Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2368 2369 [2370] 2371 2372 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697027 times)

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: IT'S FULL OF SPIDERS! Edition
« Reply #35535 on: April 23, 2014, 03:48:35 pm »

So I'm a member of my school's FBLA chapter. We do competitions, from regional to national. The past 2 years, from the first year I have been a member, I have gotten first place in regional competitions twice. First and second place in state competition. Nothing at nationals other than a good time, unfortunately, but at least once it was on the county's dime (first place state winners go for free). I have been the only person in the chapter to go to nationals, these two years.

This is my third, and last, year. First place in regionals, expected. Not many people go for Cybersecurity. First place in state. According to my chapter adviser, I blew everyone else clear out of the water. But I can't test at the national level. There was a long argument to even get the county to pay for me to go, if I so choose. Why?

Because I did Cybersecurity at the national level 2 years ago.

If this sounds calm, it is only because I am beyond the point of yelling in my rage.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35536 on: April 23, 2014, 03:53:27 pm »

Yeah, AdBlock Plus is now AdBlock Minus.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #35537 on: April 23, 2014, 04:48:26 pm »

I'm not going to argue about it, but I've never seen ads pop-up out of nowhere like that, abp or no. The worst I've seen is the occasional flickery window when something apparently tried to open in another window and failed.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35538 on: April 23, 2014, 05:01:39 pm »

ARGH, I freaking hate this mouse I use, the sensitivity is so irritating. I move the mouse by a slight bit, and the cursor won't move at all, and then I move the mouse just the tiniest but faster, and the cursor jumps by a huge amount.
It makes hitting all those small links on the forums (Like that small button that says "new", to jump you to the last thing you read) such a freaking pain.
I've given up on anything needing precision, like First Person Shooters. Even drawing my lousy pictures is difficult.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #35539 on: April 23, 2014, 05:03:10 pm »

ARGH, I freaking hate this mouse I use, the sensitivity is so irritating. I move the mouse by a slight bit, and the cursor won't move at all, and then I move the mouse just the tiniest but faster, and the cursor jumps by a huge amount.
It makes hitting all those small links on the forums (Like that small button that says "new", to jump you to the last thing you read) such a freaking pain.
I've given up on anything needing precision, like First Person Shooters. Even drawing my lousy pictures is difficult.

It's not sensitivity. It's mouse acceleration, you can turn it off in Control Panel.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35540 on: April 23, 2014, 05:04:39 pm »

It's not sensitivity. It's mouse acceleration, you can turn it off in Control Panel.
It's not that, because I've turned that off, it's that this mouse is a piece of trash.
I've adjusted the acceleration, the sensitivity, I've re-calibrated this mouse like 40 times now trying to fix it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #35541 on: April 23, 2014, 07:19:18 pm »

Fffffffuuuuuuu
Got sick right after I got over the previous illness.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35542 on: April 23, 2014, 09:14:56 pm »

Goddamn stupid gamer 'tards.
Police have not yet identified the prank caller, but they hope to track him down using his IP address.

Investigators said the caller likely used the teen’s IP address to find his home address.
Or they know each other and he used Skype. Your IP Address only narrows you down to a couple hundred people, at least.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #35543 on: April 23, 2014, 09:30:50 pm »

Goddamn stupid gamer 'tards.
Police have not yet identified the prank caller, but they hope to track him down using his IP address.

Investigators said the caller likely used the teen’s IP address to find his home address.
Or they know each other and he used Skype. Your IP Address only narrows you down to a couple hundred people, at least.

They'll have to build a GUI interface using Visual Basic to track him down, then.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35544 on: April 23, 2014, 10:13:16 pm »

Ads are popping up out of nowhere, even tough I have adblock Plus installed and it worked for MONTHS.

Check your addons in case something got installed there. I've seen a particularly annoying Amazon one that randomly places links to their website. Also, another Amazon (I think) one that makes actual ads show up on just about every page.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #35545 on: April 23, 2014, 11:04:24 pm »

I was looking for the 'terrified' thread, but since this thread is full of spiders already...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 11:44:50 pm by kaenneth »
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #35546 on: April 23, 2014, 11:06:51 pm »

I was looking for the 'terrified' thread, but since this thread is full of spiders already...

http://imgur.com/umdB10x
SPOILER IT! Dx
I didn't think it was related TO THE TITLE!
BLARGHGHGHH

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #35547 on: April 23, 2014, 11:08:21 pm »

AH! Fuck you! D;

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #35548 on: April 23, 2014, 11:08:46 pm »

That link is the best.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #35549 on: April 23, 2014, 11:26:43 pm »

Immediately saw that the comment boxes were offset and made the connection.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 2368 2369 [2370] 2371 2372 ... 3345