Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2309 2310 [2311] 2312 2313 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3696888 times)

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Adult Children Edition
« Reply #34650 on: April 04, 2014, 09:49:50 pm »

You're better off putting them in a barrel and filling it with cement. If you just tie them down bits will eventually come free of the bindings as they rot and bottom feeders eat them.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34651 on: April 04, 2014, 09:51:47 pm »

Yeah, just stuff them in a bag or something and weigh down the bag.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #34652 on: April 04, 2014, 09:53:00 pm »

Does this mean that MZ is secretly some sort of giant midget?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34653 on: April 04, 2014, 09:54:11 pm »

Bay12: The best corpse-disposal advice you can find, guaranteed!
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34654 on: April 04, 2014, 09:56:18 pm »

Well, why else would you have a dwarf make a coffin out of lead?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #34655 on: April 04, 2014, 09:59:31 pm »

Same reason you make all the food and drink barrels out of lead. What else are you going to do with the stuff?
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34656 on: April 04, 2014, 10:02:18 pm »

Well, why else would you have a dwarf make a coffin out of lead?

Wasn't it a thing that if you made objects out of really heavy materials it lessened the amount they were scattered when you reclaimed a site?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34657 on: April 04, 2014, 10:03:11 pm »

Same reason you make all the food and drink barrels out of lead. What else are you going to do with the stuff?
Warhammers. They're really heavy, so they do more damage, right?

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34658 on: April 05, 2014, 12:43:26 am »

Yeah, just stuff them in a bag or something and weigh down the bag.
Wire mesh. You can weight it down easily enough, and it still lets the underwater critters in to speed disposal. Best of both worlds. Y'know. Theoretically.  <_<  >_>

Re Tumblr: Those are some pretty exasperating posts, but you gotta keep in mind that a significant part of it is backlash against a pop culture that tells you anything bigger than this:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...is undesirably overweight. Which is just as stupid and dangerous to your health. A happy medium exists somewhere, but there will always be people who take it too far in the other direction as well. Given the choice, I'd much rather get mad at the institutionalized side that is doing massive damage than a few tumblr posts.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34659 on: April 05, 2014, 12:51:39 am »

Mod it so that you can make hammers out of it.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #34660 on: April 05, 2014, 12:54:08 am »

Mod it so you can make bullets and shoot shit?
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34661 on: April 05, 2014, 01:18:43 am »

Re Tumblr: Those are some pretty exasperating posts, but you gotta keep in mind that a significant part of it is backlash against a pop culture that tells you anything bigger than this:
...is undesirably overweight. Which is just as stupid and dangerous to your health. A happy medium exists somewhere, but there will always be people who take it too far in the other direction as well. Given the choice, I'd much rather get mad at the institutionalized side that is doing massive damage than a few tumblr posts.
Thing is though, I'm reasonably certain that culture doesn't actually exist apart from in the imaginations of various executives and marketing departments.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34662 on: April 05, 2014, 02:22:03 am »

No.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34663 on: April 05, 2014, 02:26:32 am »

Thing is though, I'm reasonably certain that culture doesn't actually exist apart from in the imaginations of various executives and marketing departments.
Nah, it's there. The health and beauty industry runs on it. Entertainment industry too, to an extent. Hell, marketing in general. Unrealistic standards are almost omnipresent these days: any given advertising model will be photoshopped to oblivion and back, any given actor thickly makeupped and carefully framed. It's not necessary that people believe any given image completely, or even take it very seriously, so long as they're completely deluged with it. Those images start to become normal, and willingly or no, some part of that is internalized. Uncertainty, doubt & co. start to wiggle in through the cracks, and the companies that propagate said image for advertising purposes descend to feed.
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #34664 on: April 05, 2014, 02:58:27 am »

Nah, it's there. The health and beauty industry runs on it. Entertainment industry too, to an extent. Hell, marketing in general. Unrealistic standards are almost omnipresent these days: any given advertising model will be photoshopped to oblivion and back, any given actor thickly makeupped and carefully framed. It's not necessary that people believe any given image completely, or even take it very seriously, so long as they're completely deluged with it. Those images start to become normal, and willingly or no, some part of that is internalized. Uncertainty, doubt & co. start to wiggle in through the cracks, and the companies that propagate said image for advertising purposes descend to feed.
I'm rather proud of them, honestly - it's something I'd think up myself as an evil plan, but they're just doing it to get money!
From a point of view that doesn't admire the plan in itself it's probably rather horrible.

Also: NERD RAGE
NNNNNNNNNNNNEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRRDDDDDDDD RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 2309 2310 [2311] 2312 2313 ... 3345