Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2308 2309 [2310] 2311 2312 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697173 times)

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Adult Children Edition
« Reply #34635 on: April 04, 2014, 07:11:14 pm »

Some of them literally try to re-write the reality of the situation. Being fat is not a good thing. Being fat is a health problem that should be fixed. There's no such thing as being healthy and being fat. Every professional will tell you this, and they aren't out on a "crusade" to "oppress" your "people". I've both lost and gained large amounts of weight a few times, and I can tell you with personal certainty as well that there is nothing good about the fat side of that equation.
Overweight people float easier, from what I remember. That's a plus, right?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #34636 on: April 04, 2014, 07:12:19 pm »

Heh. I also live on fast food but I am "very severely underweight" (although that's BMI which most people don't seem to like much).
The trick is never to have breakfast or lunch >.>
I blame laziness

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34637 on: April 04, 2014, 07:20:44 pm »

I wish I could gain weight.

Like, how do people even get hungry multiple times a day >.>
Some people have a knack for regulang what they eat. For example, if they know they won't be doing much, they'll automatically eat less and vice versa.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #34638 on: April 04, 2014, 07:23:45 pm »

Speaking of Tumblr, can fat people be fatphobic?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #34639 on: April 04, 2014, 07:27:28 pm »

Some people have a knack for regulang what they eat. For example, if they know they won't be doing much, they'll automatically eat less and vice versa.
Nah, skinny people eat just as much. I have a friend who's about 2/3rds my size (110 pounds; I weigh a bit less than 180. yay for being in shape!) eats just as much food as I do. And I eat, tonnnnnnnssssssss. You don't even have to eat that much more than other people to become fat imho.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #34640 on: April 04, 2014, 07:29:35 pm »

For all the FJWs: Eric Cartman is fat too.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34641 on: April 04, 2014, 07:35:32 pm »

Gut fauna's a big thing.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #34642 on: April 04, 2014, 07:37:42 pm »

Seemingly having roughly about kinda the same diet as a friend doesn't really say much either unless you actually note it all down.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #34643 on: April 04, 2014, 07:40:10 pm »

Metabolism.
Right. It's why generally the fat people you know have always been fat. Keyword: GENERALLY for nitpickers.

Seemingly having roughly about kinda the same diet as a friend doesn't really say much either unless you actually note it all down.
Not really.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34644 on: April 04, 2014, 07:53:46 pm »

Some of them literally try to re-write the reality of the situation. Being fat is not a good thing. Being fat is a health problem that should be fixed. There's no such thing as being healthy and being fat. Every professional will tell you this, and they aren't out on a "crusade" to "oppress" your "people". I've both lost and gained large amounts of weight a few times, and I can tell you with personal certainty as well that there is nothing good about the fat side of that equation.
This does not help me. I have a beer gut, but I still sink like a stone filled with lead.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34645 on: April 04, 2014, 08:07:47 pm »

This does not help me. I have a beer gut, but I still sink like a stone filled with lead.
Stop eating bullets, Max. It's not good for your health.
I do weigh a lot, but I haven't eaten any bullets. Mostly pizzas.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #34646 on: April 04, 2014, 08:29:32 pm »

I can't make my IRC bouncer work again >:I

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34647 on: April 04, 2014, 09:13:44 pm »

Stop eating bullets, Max. It's not good for your health.
I do weigh a lot, but I haven't eaten any bullets. Mostly pizzas.
Toppings count as things you have eaten!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #34648 on: April 04, 2014, 09:31:14 pm »

That reminds me of one of my favorite movies 'Man Bites Dog'

You may not be aware that a corpse under water swells up with air, see?
So it tends to float to the surface. You have to load it with ballast so it sinks.
You weight it down with stones and other heavy stuff. There's a ballast ratio for corpses...
Three times body weight for an average adult like this victim.
But for children and midgets it's different. Kids are lighter. So it's four times body weight.
Midgets are heavier, so you double the weight. Midgets have denser bones so you double the weight.
For old people, multiply by five. Old bones are porous.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34649 on: April 04, 2014, 09:47:57 pm »

So you need to put several hundred pounds of weights on a typical body to make sure it stays down?

That seems excessive, I could see one or two hundred pounds of weight, but I find it hard to believe a human body is capable of producing that much buoyancy. I mean you're basically telling me that a dead body is capable of floating more weight than an inflatable raft.
Pages: 1 ... 2308 2309 [2310] 2311 2312 ... 3345