Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2306 2307 [2308] 2309 2310 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697437 times)

aenri

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Adult Children Edition
« Reply #34605 on: April 04, 2014, 04:42:01 pm »

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23notyourgoodfatty&src=tren

SJWs PLEASE STOP, YOU'RE KILLING THESE PEOPLE

Anorexia is the leading cause of death of women between ages 18 and 25.

And heart disease is the leading cause of death of women.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34606 on: April 04, 2014, 04:43:25 pm »

Body shame is bad, mmm'kay?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34607 on: April 04, 2014, 04:47:31 pm »

I kind of assumed Newfie meant "New fag" but Google told me otherwise.

I've never even heard of "new fag", but if they wanted to call me a fag, they would. When I was younger, my mom would call me a fag whenever I did something she didn't like, though I never knew what the word meant until about halfway through high-school.

I guess her comparing me to a Newfoundlander may have been because the stereotype that I've heard growing up was that Newfies were poor.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34608 on: April 04, 2014, 04:49:00 pm »

I never understood what's so shameful about being poor. My parents said similar things (though with less gaslighting stupidity) when I wanted to wear a shirt with a hole in it or whatever.

"People will think we can't afford you a better shirt!"

So what?
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34609 on: April 04, 2014, 04:50:55 pm »

https://twitter.com/search?q=%23notyourgoodfatty&src=tren
SJWs PLEASE STOP, YOU'RE KILLING THESE PEOPLE
Anorexia is the leading cause of death of women between ages 18 and 25.
>between ages 18 and 25.<
I AM THOROUGHLY ALARMED, NOT LEAST BECAUSE THE UK IS FAT, BUT ALSO BECAUSE THE LIST OF HEALTH COMPLICATIONS INCLUDES:

Diabetes (oh god so bad)
    Heart disease (leading cause of death in the West)
    High blood pressure (can lead to strokes, aneurysms, anginas e.t.c.)
    Arthritis (unfortunate considering the joints are under more strain too)
    Indigestion (mother mary have mercy)
    Gallstones (why would you accept these)
    Some cancers (eg, breast and prostate cancers)
    Snoring and sleep apnoea (brain damage can result from this)
    Stress, anxiety, and depression (the mental damage!)
    Infertility (yeah)

Obesity is for some reason, the greatest health issue facing the Western world. Your stupidity across the pond comes across and mixes with our stupidity, making a cyclone of stupidity. I'm not sure how anorexia being encouraged amongst the young is supposed to make obesity being encouraged amongst the everyone better, but moral panic time is now.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #34610 on: April 04, 2014, 04:53:18 pm »

Y'all are a bunch of fattie bastards.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34611 on: April 04, 2014, 04:56:27 pm »

Chuck Norris is the leading cause of death among henchmen.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34612 on: April 04, 2014, 04:57:48 pm »

Might I suggest finding ways to make healthy food cheaper (in both price and time investment)? McDonalds is unhealthy as fuck but it's cheap and quick. Pretty tempting if you're like most people and don't have enough time or money as it is.

Shaming those who are overweight is about as useful as shaming people for being poor.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34613 on: April 04, 2014, 04:59:56 pm »

Might I suggest finding ways to make healthy food cheaper (in both price and time investment)? McDonalds is unhealthy as fuck but it's cheap and quick. Pretty tempting if you're like most people and don't have enough time or money as it is.

Shaming those who are overweight is about as useful as shaming people for being poor.
There is a difference between shaming someone and telling them that being fat will fuck you up.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34614 on: April 04, 2014, 05:01:49 pm »

Also I know some people disagree but Big Macs are fucking delicious. If you ask me whether I'd prefer to have a lamb shank braised and coated in a honey-feta demiglace, served with a risotto and seared zucchini, or a Big Mac, obviously I'm gonna choose the lamb. But sometimes circumstances and your mood result in a greasy quick fatmeal.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34615 on: April 04, 2014, 05:03:20 pm »

There is a difference between shaming someone and telling them that being fat will fuck you up.
Unfortunately the former is far more common.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #34616 on: April 04, 2014, 05:07:37 pm »

I DON'T HAVE THE RESOURCES MCDONALDS DO, I CAN'T DO SHIT THERE
WHAT I CAN DO IS PO-point out when people are doing really stupid shit like saying being obese is fine and healthy, whilst leaving their wrecked and tattered body for others to clean up. When really, the responsibility lies on them to keep themselves fit to the best of their realistic capabilities - and saying it's fine to be obese is just so... So! ARGH! WHY?!

Shame is brought about when one recognizes their own behaviour as being wrong or foolish. Ironically, I'd say this is literally an example where these people should do something other than have no shame - it kills them! Literally, it will be the death of them! It's such a waste of life, such a waste of opportunities!

Unfortunately the former is far more common.
It doesn't even matter if there are people trying to push fat acceptance into the mainstream!

"My health care will cost as much as it costs. I will not apologize. If your system is burdened by me your system is broken #notyourgoodfatty"
"People keep busting into #notyourgoodfatty conversations with "BUT HEALTH" like that's what they care about & like we haven't said NOT TO."
"Fitness is about what you do, not what you look like. #notyourgoodfatty"
What in the actual fuck are these people thinking?

"I refuse to buy into food moralizing or food shaming. Fuck your "guilt free", I AM guilt free. #notyourgoodfatty"
Food shaming.
Food shaming.
"You can assume my health problems are because I'm fat. You'd assume wrong, and will be told so. In detail. #notyourgoodfatty"
I can't go through much more of these, it's fatal self-delusion
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 05:20:25 pm by Loud Whispers »

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34617 on: April 04, 2014, 05:18:30 pm »

And the solution really is simple. As soon as you start talking diet and exercise, people get defensive and say they have a glandular disorder or something. No. You stop eating the worst kinds of food, you eat less, and you get out and exercise. Do you walk slowly for 15 minutes, get sweaty, return home, and plop on the couch with a glass of Coke? That's not going to get you anywhere.

Americans are, generally, fucking lazy. We work too many hours and get too little vacation, but that's just because our corporate overlords demand it. After work we don't want to clean a kitchen, cook for half an hour, eat something healthy, then go out and sweat hard for two hours.

Instead we want to get off work, grab a burger (or Subway if we want to feel good about ourselves), and hit the couch for some X-BONE until 2 AM. Maybe struggle with a worthless exercise device we bought from an infomercial because it said we could burn fat without any effort, for 15 minutes once a week. Then wake up at 6 because we commute an hour to work and bitch all day that we feel tired and fat despite "working out every night".

Americans want a pill to burn fat, or at least reduce appetite, because we have no skill at willpower and our willpower is constantly bombarded by advertising for cheaply available junk food and sedentary entertainment.

And the rest of the world is becoming like America.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34618 on: April 04, 2014, 05:25:45 pm »

We work too many hours and get too little vacation, but that's just because our corporate overlords demand it.

Why would anyone want to work more after all this?  Needing rest is not "lazy."
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #34619 on: April 04, 2014, 05:31:38 pm »

Someone has to choose between resting an extra 2 hours a day and remaining obese, or working out for 2 hours and becoming healthy.

Sure you can exert willpower and refuse to eat shit, and get by without really working out. Some do. Let's just say you don't see obese people eating 1800 calorie diets and exercising 2 hours a day: those who do quickly become not-obese.

The "fat shaming" defensiveness stems from the obese person feeling helpless. "How can I change my life? I've tried, and nothing improved." But then he stopped trying. There is a point where there is a problem with society's expectations - causing anorexia, bulimia, etc. - but if society expects that you can run a mile without dying I think that's great. And if you feel ashamed because you can't, that should spur you on to work harder and achieve that.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Pages: 1 ... 2306 2307 [2308] 2309 2310 ... 3345