Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2304 2305 [2306] 2307 2308 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3697488 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Adult Children Edition
« Reply #34575 on: April 03, 2014, 11:46:34 pm »

SuperAntiSpyware failed as well, although it did quarantine a few files.

I'll try hijackthis...
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
There is no way I am going to install a toolbar >.>

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34576 on: April 04, 2014, 12:00:07 am »

SuperAntiSpyware failed as well, although it did quarantine a few files.

I'll try hijackthis...
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/
There is no way I am going to install a toolbar >.>
uhh, its not a toolbar, it deletes them :P

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #34577 on: April 04, 2014, 12:05:36 am »

Please note that Antivir Webguard uses ASK Toolbar as part of its web security. If you remove ASK by using Adwcleaner, Antivir Webguard will no longer work properly.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #34578 on: April 04, 2014, 12:06:50 am »

Please note that Antivir Webguard uses ASK Toolbar as part of its web security. If you remove ASK by using Adwcleaner, Antivir Webguard will no longer work properly.
you use Antivir Webguard?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #34579 on: April 04, 2014, 12:07:37 am »

Ehh. Never mind me please >.>

edit: didn't work either. I think this Trevago thing is going to stick around for a while.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2014, 12:12:51 am by Dutchling »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #34580 on: April 04, 2014, 12:19:26 am »

It's a pretty minor thing, but all of my real problems have been pushed indeterminate distances into the future.

So, one of my courses, in which 50% of the grade is drawn from participation and the other 50% from a single paper? There's maybe 4 weeks left in the semester and we've yet to get so much as a due date. There's literally no information except that it's 50% of our grade. I think this professor might be the greatest troll I've met in the past year or so; I know for a fact that he told one of my peers a few hours before our session today that he'd be giving us our information.

It sort of pisses me off, but I'm also having a really great laugh at all the people who can't research and write out a dozen or two pages in a couple hours; I build patterns stress-oriented personal motivation like Stalin industrialized Russia: inefficiently, with far too much unnecessary pain, but ultimately remarkably successfully. Boy, that sure was a faintly-offensive mouthful. Three consecutive adverbs too, hot damn.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

smirk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34581 on: April 04, 2014, 12:42:14 am »

Ehh. Never mind me please >.>

edit: didn't work either. I think this Trevago thing is going to stick around for a while.
Huh. Looks like it's actually a browser hijacker, not (just) a toolbar. This site here:
http://www.pcrisk.com/removal-guides/7585-trovigo-redirect 
says it can show up in your programs list as "SearchProtect", "ValueApps" or "MessageViewer toolbar". Try hunting and uninstalling those. Also, this site:
http://malwaretips.com/blogs/trovigo-virus-removal/
recommends nuking it with a bunch of different anti-malware programs in succession. If you want to try that, you should probably also boot into Safe Mode and do it from there.

It... could take a while. You will probably have plenty of rage-thread material by the end of things o_o
When i think of toady i think of a toad hopping arround on a keyboard
also
he should stay out of the light it will dry out his skin
his moist amphibian skin

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34582 on: April 04, 2014, 01:14:54 am »

Decided to try out the new FTL update. I play, and get reasonably far, and then die because I get all combat encounters and NO SHOPS for two sectors in a row.

One of those was a civilian sector.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #34583 on: April 04, 2014, 03:48:15 am »

While we're on games:

I love Moonstone. It's one of my favorite MS-DOS games, up with X-Com and Strife. It's got a simplistic pulp-fantasy knights n' wizards setting that I love, hilarious nonsensical sound effects, tight and satisfying combat, bright colors, vibrant animations, and a very promising multiplayer side that I need to try sometime.

FUCK MOONSTONE, IT IS THE MOST UNFAIR BULLSHIT GAME I HAVE EVER PLAYED. It's like Battletoads and Nethack combined. You'd better hope that you get a decent amount of gold in your first two or three encounters, or the dragon will come and you will be screwed because you have no equipment. Or the dragon will come when you've got top-tier equipment, and you'll be fucked anyway just by bad luck. The difficulty on monster encounters ranges from "insanely difficult" to "near impossible". And every diagonal move in the game is nearly impossible to perform, which includes your block and your only ranged attack.

I love Moonstone, I think I'm going to play it a bit.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #34584 on: April 04, 2014, 12:01:55 pm »

I have a small ulcer on the underside of my tongue, making me thpeak like thith.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34585 on: April 04, 2014, 12:10:37 pm »

Ffffffffffucking Temple of Trials >:(

Goddamnit.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34586 on: April 04, 2014, 02:44:43 pm »

For some reason I got pissed when I noticed someone tossed a bag of McDonald's trash into the cardboard recycling dumpster.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #34587 on: April 04, 2014, 02:57:27 pm »

For some reason I got pissed when I noticed someone tossed a bag of McDonald's trash into the cardboard recycling dumpster.

Maybe they just accurately identified what the bulk of McDonald's food is made from. :P
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34588 on: April 04, 2014, 02:59:29 pm »

I have a small ulcer on the underside of my tongue, making me thpeak like thith.
Well, Igor, just settle down in this haunted castle of mine, and we'll find you something to do. It's always good to have an Igor who can lend you a hand in a pinch.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34589 on: April 04, 2014, 03:05:41 pm »

Maybe they just accurately identified what the bulk of McDonald's food is made from. :P
And it's made of an insult to cardboard trash.
Pages: 1 ... 2304 2305 [2306] 2307 2308 ... 3345