Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2165 2166 [2167] 2168 2169 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689819 times)

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SON OF A BROWSER! Edition
« Reply #32490 on: February 09, 2014, 05:34:15 pm »

For Vector and all whom it may consern:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32491 on: February 09, 2014, 05:41:16 pm »

For Vector and all whom it may consern:

thank you ;_;
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32492 on: February 09, 2014, 05:54:26 pm »

What if you're allergic to cats?
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32493 on: February 09, 2014, 05:59:05 pm »

There's hypoallergenic breeds! More or less. Had a couple of korats in the house for a few years, part of those years with a cat-allergic person living there with no problem. Awesome critters, shame the person actually taking care of em sorta' wasn't and they eventually both disappeared into the wilderness.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32494 on: February 09, 2014, 06:19:56 pm »

What if you're allergic to cats?
It's a plot by the cats to annoy you. Cats are actually sociopaths trying to kill all humans who they hate. Which is everyone.
You're only alive because cats like having servants.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32495 on: February 09, 2014, 08:26:22 pm »

Sure it doesn't need a cleaning? That doesn't sound good.
I would clean it, but that would require me to open my computer up, which requires a screwdriver, which I don't have.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32496 on: February 09, 2014, 08:27:51 pm »

Time for a visit to your friendly neighborhood tool shop!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32497 on: February 09, 2014, 08:29:51 pm »

Got screamed at again for not wearing cologne. Apparently if you don't wear colognes or spray-crap all the time you will smell horrible. I was under the misconception that taking showers and practicing proper hygiene was the way to prevent yourself from smelling like garbage.

Even wearing a thin layer of this crap makes me nauseous.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32498 on: February 09, 2014, 08:42:43 pm »

Not a misconception (though deodorant is possibly a good idea. Cologne is not deodorant.), and the vast majority of that stuff frankly smells goddamn horrible, especially in large quantities. It is not something you use like a hammer. There's some out there that's subtle enough it won't drive off anyone with a sense of smell that hasn't been violated by that shit, but it's rare.

Especially if wearing it makes you sick, though, say no, it makes you physically ill. Repeatedly, until it sticks. And don't wear it, of course.

Sensible people with functioning senses will thank you. Forget nauseous, I got stuck besides someone wearing ridiculously strong stuff once for a good 1.5-2 hours, and it ended up making me literally sick. Put me in bed for like 2-3 days.
Ask not!
Ask!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #32499 on: February 09, 2014, 09:06:18 pm »

Got screamed at again for not wearing cologne. Apparently if you don't wear colognes or spray-crap all the time you will smell horrible. I was under the misconception that taking showers and practicing proper hygiene was the way to prevent yourself from smelling like garbage.

Even wearing a thin layer of this crap makes me nauseous.
..yelled at..? :o

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #32500 on: February 09, 2014, 09:07:50 pm »

From previous posts, I wager by family who seem to think of him as ornamentation for the house.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #32501 on: February 09, 2014, 09:11:59 pm »

I forgot that La Mulana's quicksaves don't persist between game launches. Shit. I probably just killed the game for me - as much as I like the sense of achievement and exploration, a lot of the gameplay so far just isn't very fun in itself, and the thought of doing over all that time is just... no. I can't.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 09:13:41 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32502 on: February 09, 2014, 09:13:49 pm »

I'd like to find something that doesn't smell very strong or at all. My nose is burning right now.

I've always found the idea that appearance is everything to be annoying, especially when the reasoning is "Don't do X because everything you do reflects on me and I don't want to be viewed by others negatively."

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32503 on: February 09, 2014, 09:21:22 pm »

I'd like to find something that doesn't smell very strong or at all. My nose is burning right now.

I've always found the idea that appearance is everything to be annoying, especially when the reasoning is "Don't do X because everything you do reflects on me and I don't want to be viewed by others negatively."
What you need to do is, whilst your mum is asleep, shove some cologne up her nose. Then you don't need to wear it because she thinks you are.
Or get some smell that she hates :P

If you of course don't mind the possiblity of yelling hehe.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32504 on: February 09, 2014, 09:24:46 pm »

I forgot that La Mulana's quicksaves don't persist between game launches. Shit. I probably just killed the game for me - as much as I like the sense of achievement and exploration, a lot of the gameplay so far just isn't very fun in itself, and the thought of doing over all that time is just... no. I can't.
Yeah... usually find, when that happens, best practice is to stop for a while. Least a few days, maybe couple weeks, maybe a month or two. Let it sit, come back to the game refreshed and ready, instead of the memory of all that lost time fresh on the mind.

... and for what it's worth, I've lost multiple hour blocks of la mulana more than once (usually due to some sort of dead end, with last!save hours past), already, despite only getting to... what, maybe two bosses? Savestates would be really nice for that game :-\

Re: Other discussion, hasn't Flyme already said "No" to petty vengeance multiple times already? Not something that's going to help the situation at all, really...
Ask not!
Ask!
Pages: 1 ... 2165 2166 [2167] 2168 2169 ... 3345