Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2156 2157 [2158] 2159 2160 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691818 times)

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: SON OF A BROWSER! Edition
« Reply #32355 on: February 04, 2014, 08:32:11 pm »

Both it and any rebuttals are based on assumptions on Future Doctorin' Show, andthus pointless to debate, though my idea sounds at least partially plausible.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #32356 on: February 04, 2014, 08:36:26 pm »

But I agree with you! Actually! I'm saying the show would come up with some reason why they can still have a creatively bankrupt Organ Transplant Episode. Because it's a Doktr Show.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32357 on: February 04, 2014, 09:11:23 pm »

My half-brother is annoying me more than usual today. >:(
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #32358 on: February 04, 2014, 09:36:34 pm »

>_> Some of the choices the JJBA All Star Battle's localization team are making are making me wonder if I should just use the imported version instead.

And now that I've calmed down 3 minutes later I realize that aside from the changes to the actual lines of dialogue, the ones I was focusing on are actually rather logical.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 09:50:11 pm by Furtuka »
It's FEF, not FEOF

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32359 on: February 05, 2014, 01:15:03 am »

-snip-

i'm going to try and get someone to bless this post

do you think i should go with abrahamic religions or something else

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #32360 on: February 05, 2014, 03:12:40 am »

You know, science fiction used to be about taking the latest advances in science and extrapolating from those once. Now it's fantasy, IN SPACE!

Science Fiction were always mainly "fantasy" in space. Just look at the old pulp comics and stuff like that. "Hard" science fiction had always been a rather niche genre.
Love, scriver~

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32361 on: February 05, 2014, 03:22:48 am »

Apart from the Xeelee Sequence, of course.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #32362 on: February 05, 2014, 04:23:29 am »

Ugh. My scalp is recovering from an wound/infection and the scab is SO FUCKING ANNOYING. I can feel it moving whenever I shift my eyebrows or anything and it is maddening!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #32363 on: February 05, 2014, 05:51:38 am »

Dream Theater is going to be playing in a city an hour away and I can't go because exams. Grrr.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #32364 on: February 05, 2014, 06:14:03 am »

... have you attempted to take the test(s) early and whatnot? S'a lot more likely to happen if you try and get it done before the scheduled time. Day before, earlier in that morning, etc. Don't even have to say it's specifically because of dream theater -- "Something personal and time-sensitive I'm trying to make some room for", etc. Assuming you don't want to outright lie and say something along the lines of "a family event I had sprung on me" or whatev'.

E: Or just the classic and accurate "I've got something coming up that's going to take me out of town -- can I schedule the test early?"

E2: Unless you're the proctor, I guess. Hadn't thought of that. Though if that's the case, even easier to kick 'em back a day :P
« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 06:24:05 am by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #32365 on: February 05, 2014, 06:53:53 am »

You know, science fiction used to be about taking the latest advances in science and extrapolating from those once. Now it's fantasy, IN SPACE!

Science Fiction were always mainly "fantasy" in space. Just look at the old pulp comics and stuff like that. "Hard" science fiction had always been a rather niche genre.
What is wrong with fantasy in space, though?

(apart from semantics and that it shouldn't be "science" fiction and blah blah.)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32366 on: February 05, 2014, 07:01:08 am »

I'm snowed in, but I have a test to take in an hour that's worth 25% of my final mark.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #32367 on: February 05, 2014, 07:04:14 am »

... have you attempted to take the test(s) early and whatnot? S'a lot more likely to happen if you try and get it done before the scheduled time. Day before, earlier in that morning, etc. Don't even have to say it's specifically because of dream theater -- "Something personal and time-sensitive I'm trying to make some room for", etc. Assuming you don't want to outright lie and say something along the lines of "a family event I had sprung on me" or whatev'.

E: Or just the classic and accurate "I've got something coming up that's going to take me out of town -- can I schedule the test early?"

E2: Unless you're the proctor, I guess. Hadn't thought of that. Though if that's the case, even easier to kick 'em back a day :P

It doesn't really work like that here. The only option would be to skip the exam altogether and write it in the second session along with people retaking it if they failed the first time, thus ridding me of the ability to retake it later. And given WHAT the exam is, I am definitely at risk.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32368 on: February 05, 2014, 07:41:26 am »

At some point these writers need to start coming up with original ideas. You know a great inspiration for original story lines? Stuff that is happening now instead of stuff that would be plausible as long as nobody has a cell phone and there are no cameras in banks etc.
I like Supernatural, because it takes modern technology into account. (Modern for 2006 at least) What I don't like about Supernatural is that the writers couldn't just let it end with Season 5,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #32369 on: February 05, 2014, 08:57:11 am »

That is a very common problem with TV shows. It seems like it's very hard to just end it.
Pages: 1 ... 2156 2157 [2158] 2159 2160 ... 3345