Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2135 2136 [2137] 2138 2139 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3690315 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Capitalization is srs bzns Edition
« Reply #32041 on: January 27, 2014, 04:40:39 pm »

In the sunglasses thread, I have transitions, which are like normal glasses inside but when exposed to UV light they darken :)

I have these too, and they are really nice. I am temporarily blind when coming inside when it's snowy, but it's definitely worth it. Especially since my insurance covered it.
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Capitalization is srs bzns Edition
« Reply #32042 on: January 27, 2014, 04:40:39 pm »

I don't wear glasses either, just sunglasses for looking at my future the cruel, harsh light of day.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #32043 on: January 27, 2014, 04:44:05 pm »

God i needed sunglasses, haven't worn them for years and my eyes were getting crappier vision. Like daytime driving my right eye will get fatigued and can only see from my left. so much better now im glad i paid the price.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #32044 on: January 27, 2014, 06:20:29 pm »

In the sunglasses thread, I have transitions, which are like normal glasses inside but when exposed to UV light they darken :)

I just got those last week. They're pretty cool.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32045 on: January 27, 2014, 06:25:09 pm »

I just got those last week. They're pretty cool.
Lucky bastards.
Sig! Onol

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #32046 on: January 27, 2014, 08:04:07 pm »

I wanted transitions for my current glasses (which, lucky me, should be replaced this year - they're about 2 years out of date and things are getting bad even through them). My father, who had had transitions several years before, said no, they're not useful, they're too slow. (That was really his only reasoning, it seems. They would have been free had I gotten them, as far as I'm aware - and my glasses were heavily discounted anyways because I was young enough for some kind of pediatric discount)

I know several people with transitions in reality. I can call bullshit if he tries that this time.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32047 on: January 27, 2014, 08:17:23 pm »

Beware if you plan to transitions lenses while driving: according to the optometrist I spoke to, many car windshields block enough UV rays that the darkening of the lenses will not occur. So even if the sun is shining directly in your face you won't get any sort of sunglass effect.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32048 on: January 27, 2014, 08:35:34 pm »

Before I basically moved to contacts I had transitions. They worked pretty damn quickly - they darkened to suitable darkness within a second.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32049 on: January 27, 2014, 08:36:59 pm »

Note to self, fuck telepathy for only existing as a concept.
Sig! Onol

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #32050 on: January 27, 2014, 08:37:21 pm »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32051 on: January 27, 2014, 08:38:43 pm »

I can get behind that. Damn you, reality, you bastard.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #32052 on: January 27, 2014, 08:40:11 pm »

Hey Nenjin. Your avatar looks like a luchador mask. Am I horribly mistaken?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #32053 on: January 27, 2014, 08:42:26 pm »

I chose to read "fuck telepathy" to be a thing, by itself.

I can get behind that.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32054 on: January 27, 2014, 09:08:11 pm »

It's more of a thing that gets behind you.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.
Pages: 1 ... 2135 2136 [2137] 2138 2139 ... 3345