Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2134 2135 [2136] 2137 2138 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691747 times)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Capitalization is srs bzns Edition
« Reply #32025 on: January 27, 2014, 10:02:38 am »

Snap-ons, contacts, photo-corrective glasses.

Not having eye protection can actually seriously damage your eyes in the right (wrong) environment. When you first get contacts, they tell you to go out and buy a pair of sunglasses immediately. Because the reflected light gets refocused through your contact lens and you can actually temporarily damage your retinas on bright, snowy day without them.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Capitalization is srs bzns Edition
« Reply #32026 on: January 27, 2014, 10:54:22 am »

I have a pair of sunglasses that are also normal glasses. They should probably get adjusted again sometime, I'm like -4 and I'm fairly sure these are still like -3.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32027 on: January 27, 2014, 12:57:29 pm »

I have a pair of snap-ons. They're not the exact size/shape of my (round) glasses, but they fit rather well considering.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32028 on: January 27, 2014, 01:11:34 pm »

Snap-ons here as well. I can't imagine life without them :p
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32029 on: January 27, 2014, 01:16:27 pm »

I have prescription sunglasses. They look exactly like my regular glasses, but they're copper colored, and polarized. We have a glasses shop in town that runs amazing deals.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #32030 on: January 27, 2014, 01:22:35 pm »

God I want prescription sunglasses. My normal glasses makes any oncoming light worse and beams it directly into my eyes. Especially at night driving.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32031 on: January 27, 2014, 01:24:31 pm »

I'd get prescription sunglasses but if every other pair of sunglasses I've ever owned is any indicator...they'd be ruined or destroyed in 6 months.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #32032 on: January 27, 2014, 01:27:25 pm »

Do not get the vapor from boiling isopropyl alcohol in your eyes. It stings.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #32033 on: January 27, 2014, 01:42:50 pm »

Thank you for that advice, ill consider it next time I decide to get some non-specific boiling vapor in my eyes.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #32034 on: January 27, 2014, 02:29:40 pm »

So, I didn't have my French books with me Friday. A lot of people didn't, since we normally don't have French that day.
Now, our teacher decided to choose this moment to "get sick of everyone always forgetting everything" and give everyone that forgot their books extra homework and now we also have to read a poem Monday. Which pisses me off, since I have basically never forgotten my French books before.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32035 on: January 27, 2014, 03:32:40 pm »

In the sunglasses thread, I have transitions, which are like normal glasses inside but when exposed to UV light they darken :)

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32036 on: January 27, 2014, 03:36:55 pm »

So whatcha cookin', Heisenberg?

(And who here doesn't wear glasses? I do, too, and so does everyone, apparently...
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #32037 on: January 27, 2014, 04:02:13 pm »

(And who here doesn't wear glasses? I do, too, and so does everyone, apparently...
I wear contact lenses.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32038 on: January 27, 2014, 04:20:47 pm »

I don't need glasses either. Wear sunglasses when it's too damn bright outside.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32039 on: January 27, 2014, 04:27:49 pm »

I don't need them. Only wear sunglasses when doing things like driving near the sunset.
I'd be careful about that, you could catch some nasty burns.
Pages: 1 ... 2134 2135 [2136] 2137 2138 ... 3345