Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2133 2134 [2135] 2136 2137 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691318 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Capitalization is srs bzns Edition
« Reply #32010 on: January 26, 2014, 06:01:31 pm »

The idea that oppressing women and homosexuals is "part of [the] culture" for African and Middle-Eastern countries sickens me. :I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Capitalization is srs bzns Edition
« Reply #32011 on: January 26, 2014, 06:05:36 pm »

I wonder if people questioned that culture, or what is culture to them? "Things we did for quite a lot of time that it became common due to the many generations we did it?"

Make a thread about it?

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #32012 on: January 26, 2014, 06:09:56 pm »

What kind of phone?

Galaxy Lite: it has a nice and tiny keyboard when you try to type which is awesome when you have manly man fingers like us.
Just get the free Swype keyboard from the Play Store, man. I thought you were going to say that you had something with a tiny physical keyboard, which wouldn't be nearly as easy to replace.

Also, note: I'm actually a really, really small guy. I don't tend to have the >:C ANGRYMANHANDS problem.

My thumbs are 1 inch wide ;_;
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32013 on: January 26, 2014, 06:14:29 pm »

I have now lost all patience with condescending people. Seriously, after fifteen minutes of somebody being ridiculously passive-aggressive and sarcastic for no reason, I'm just leaving.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32014 on: January 26, 2014, 06:14:53 pm »

What kind of phone?

Galaxy Lite: it has a nice and tiny keyboard when you try to type which is awesome when you have manly man fingers like us.
Just get the free Swype keyboard from the Play Store, man. I thought you were going to say that you had something with a tiny physical keyboard, which wouldn't be nearly as easy to replace.

Also, note: I'm actually a really, really small guy. I don't tend to have the >:C ANGRYMANHANDS problem.

My thumbs are 1 inch wide ;_;
Muahaha, spindly finger master race, UNITE!
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32015 on: January 26, 2014, 08:17:45 pm »

It's the other side of sexism that rarely gets talked about. Whenever a woman wants to twist the knife, she accuses a man of not living up to the mythical state of Manhood where everything is done "right." It's really just a shallow attempt to make you feel guilty and poorly about yourself, just like when men shame women by calling them sluts or bitch or what have you.

I was under the belief that that is mostly done by other men, particularly in a father-son relationship.

The idea that oppressing women and homosexuals is "part of [the] culture" for African and Middle-Eastern countries sickens me. :I

Its just the Appeal to Tradition fallacy. Its used when people cannot find a good reason to do these things. Argh, I hate tradition for the hell of tradition.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32016 on: January 26, 2014, 08:21:46 pm »

I was under the belief that that is mostly done by other men, particularly in a father-son relationship.
I was under the impression that whenever that does happen it's more accidental than malicious. You know, trying to say something that the father thinks the son would want to hear but comes across as pressuring.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32017 on: January 26, 2014, 08:36:57 pm »

It's the other side of sexism that rarely gets talked about. Whenever a woman wants to twist the knife, she accuses a man of not living up to the mythical state of Manhood where everything is done "right." It's really just a shallow attempt to make you feel guilty and poorly about yourself, just like when men shame women by calling them sluts or bitch or what have you.

I don't know about mostly. That's the cultural expectation but with higher divorce rates and single mothers I think it's probably more common than you think.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32018 on: January 26, 2014, 08:49:12 pm »

I'd suspect only about half the problems related to divorce are caused by women :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #32019 on: January 26, 2014, 08:53:07 pm »

I'd suspect only about half the problems related to divorce are caused by women :P
I've heard women are #1 cause for divorce in lesbian couples.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #32020 on: January 26, 2014, 11:03:16 pm »

I've heard women are #1 cause for divorce in lesbian couples.
Such scandal, so wow.

Ever notice how you never hear about men ruining lesbian couples? I suggest only men should be allowed to be lesbian couples. Provided of course that they are lesbians.
EDIT: That reminds me of this
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 11:05:31 pm by misko27 »
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #32021 on: January 27, 2014, 12:30:54 am »

That link's Harry Whathisname's Stephen the Lesbian, isn't it?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32022 on: January 27, 2014, 07:21:19 am »

Snowflakes are like tiny mirrors, and there's hundreds of thousands of them outside. It makes me eyes hurt more than the computer screen (which doesn't bother me at all, but I might be just so used to it at that point).

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #32023 on: January 27, 2014, 08:19:37 am »

Snowflakes are like tiny mirrors, and there's hundreds of thousands of them outside. It makes me eyes hurt more than the computer screen (which doesn't bother me at all, but I might be just so used to it at that point).
Sunglasses.

I forgot my sunglasses during a hike in the Swiss Alps once. Not only did my eyes hurt like fuck, my entire peripheral field was fucking violet.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32024 on: January 27, 2014, 09:17:32 am »

But I already have regular glasses. :C

Pages: 1 ... 2133 2134 [2135] 2136 2137 ... 3345