Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2132 2133 [2134] 2135 2136 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691825 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Capitalization is srs bzns Edition
« Reply #31995 on: January 26, 2014, 02:14:19 am »

The other times I buy games it's fine, but download Dawnguard and Dragonborn because I never got around to playing them? Apparently I'm not allowed.
Then again I might have the DLC and I'm just missing some random bugfixes or whatever.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 02:17:37 am by Xantalos »
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Capitalization is srs bzns Edition
« Reply #31996 on: January 26, 2014, 02:21:06 am »

Me neither. I never even had steam issues on my super shitty computer that chugged on some hl1 maps. And that was old steam that did nothing right. Try logging out, switching download servers, or if all else fails delete the .blob file and try again after logging back in.

You can also try verifying the games content and seeing if it helps the download start properly.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #31997 on: January 26, 2014, 02:59:55 am »

GETS NEW PHONE. REALIZES ITS TOUCHPAD SURFACE ON THE KEYBOARD IS ABOUT 50% THE SIZE OF THE PREVIOUS. I'M ABOUT TO THROW IT EVERY TIME I TYPE.

^ Had capslock on by accident but fuck it, I'm mad enough about it that I'm just steaming. I use it to type many thousands of words per day and if every 5th letter is a mistake my time will be spent fixing typos instead of communicating. I can't stand that I paid money for this and can't upgrade for a while now. Fuck, dude.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31998 on: January 26, 2014, 05:22:25 am »

Started downloading a 450mb update in steam. Diddnt start for some reason, so I restarted steam and it suddenly Ate 7gb of hard drive space and finally started. Its still only 450mb (dont know where the 3.45 gb of space went)

This was after downloading a game that was reportedly 4.7 gig (at the begin download screen), but only had to download 2.4 gig. And took just over ten gb of hard drive space once done.

AAARRGGH Steam is a pain in the ass. It's like the values it gives me are just random numbers with no meaning.

EDIT: Aaaaand the update just stopped randomly and is stuck again. All files validated correctly.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31999 on: January 26, 2014, 06:26:36 am »

AAARRGGH Steam is a pain in the ass. It's like the values it gives me are just random numbers with no meaning.
Yes. Had to install a 32mb update once. It was saying I didn't have enough hard disk space to do that with around 30 gb free, and each time I was trying, it was eating half of my free space, until I got 100mb free, restarted the computer, and this time it worked. After I restarted another time, the 30gb that were eaten were free again.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32000 on: January 26, 2014, 07:27:08 am »

Steam servers confirmed for being in a restaurant.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32001 on: January 26, 2014, 07:50:36 am »

Finally got it to finish the update. The extra space must be temperory files or something as I suddenly went from having 1.3 gig of space left to having twentyfive gigs of space left. Thats about fifteen gig more than I had before I even tried to do the damn update. What the hell?

What on earth did it delete?
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #32002 on: January 26, 2014, 07:51:56 am »

Steam is a gas. When your computer is doing stuff, it heats up and expands. Now that it's done doing stuff, it cools down and condenses.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #32003 on: January 26, 2014, 10:17:08 am »

Steam servers confirmed for being in a restaurant.
Steam is a gas. When your computer is doing stuff, it heats up and expands. Now that it's done doing stuff, it cools down and condenses.

Conclusion: Steam servers confirmed for being in Taco Bell.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32004 on: January 26, 2014, 11:41:00 am »

GETS NEW PHONE. REALIZES ITS TOUCHPAD SURFACE ON THE KEYBOARD IS ABOUT 50% THE SIZE OF THE PREVIOUS. I'M ABOUT TO THROW IT EVERY TIME I TYPE.

^ Had capslock on by accident but fuck it, I'm mad enough about it that I'm just steaming. I use it to type many thousands of words per day and if every 5th letter is a mistake my time will be spent fixing typos instead of communicating. I can't stand that I paid money for this and can't upgrade for a while now. Fuck, dude.
What kind of phone?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32005 on: January 26, 2014, 03:34:35 pm »

NO! BAD SYSTEM PROCESS! STOP USING UP THE ENTIRE HARD DISK FOR NO REASON! Agh.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32006 on: January 26, 2014, 04:42:37 pm »

I should be happy. I finally got my room put together. There still aren't any proper floor, but at least I won't have to sleep on the couch.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #32007 on: January 26, 2014, 04:50:59 pm »

They both started on me about how a 'real man' would have had the room fixed up already, and continued to yell at me as I was putting the room together by myself.

It's the other side of sexism that rarely gets talked about. Whenever a woman wants to twist the knife, she accuses a man of not living up to the mythical state of Manhood where everything is done "right." It's really just a shallow attempt to make you feel guilty and poorly about yourself, just like when men shame women by calling them sluts or bitch or what have you.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #32008 on: January 26, 2014, 05:26:03 pm »

What kind of phone?

Galaxy Lite: it has a nice and tiny keyboard when you try to type which is awesome when you have manly man fingers like us.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32009 on: January 26, 2014, 05:36:22 pm »

What kind of phone?

Galaxy Lite: it has a nice and tiny keyboard when you try to type which is awesome when you have manly man fingers like us.
Just get the free Swype keyboard from the Play Store, man. I thought you were going to say that you had something with a tiny physical keyboard, which wouldn't be nearly as easy to replace.

Also, note: I'm actually a really, really small guy. I don't tend to have the >:C ANGRYMANHANDS problem.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 05:37:55 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 ... 2132 2133 [2134] 2135 2136 ... 3345