Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2067 2068 [2069] 2070 2071 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3700072 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Road Rules Edition
« Reply #31020 on: January 03, 2014, 11:34:22 am »

Dammit -_-

I accidentally typed scp cherrypytest.py templog.py when I meant to type scp cherrypytest.py templog.py skyserver:~/Desktop/webserver, and now my templog.py file is gone forever. I need to rewrite it JUST when it finally worked. Ugh.

Sky! Version control, damn it! Version Control!
I'm sorry ;__; It was just a small script!

B-besides, I rewrote it in thirty minutes! Better, faster, cleaner than before!

Besides, I forgot my virtual box had git >_>

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31021 on: January 03, 2014, 11:43:05 am »

These headphones. These goddamn headphones. It's not even the headphones, really, the headphones are great it's the cord that SHOULD be simple to replace but just isn't. It's like listening to the sounds through a concrete wall.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #31022 on: January 03, 2014, 01:39:30 pm »

Go down to pay a bill that needs to be paid in person. Battery's dead. How could this happen? Passenger-side reading light is on. That just raises further questions! Nobody with a car is at home at this time of day and willing to answer the door, so I have to pay $60 to get it jumpstarted. Need to run car for 45 minutes before turning it off. Radio needs a code to reactivate, allegedly found on a pair of cards in my glove compartment. After rifling through it, determine that they had not, in fact, come with the car. Need radio serial number to get code - need to figure out how to pull the radio out myself in order to find it, since spending another $60 is not acceptable. That being literally the only information I needed, this whole theft deterrent system apparently serves no purpose since that serial number is printed directly on the radio itself. Get to the place I owe money - they're closed.

15 minute errand -> 90 minute ordeal

Spend entire time thinking of simple solutions to prevent the battery from dying like this.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #31023 on: January 03, 2014, 02:55:16 pm »

So, due to the evil influence of Darth Greatorder, I have downloaded Origin to access my copy of The Sims 3 (I had a CD version of base game plus Ambitions registered in the long-forgotten mysterious era of 2010, plus some add-ons from Humble Bundle).

I downloaded the base game and the addons. I want to run the game when suddenly the menu asks me if I want to update it to the latest version. Which requires YET FUCKING ANOTHER over 1 GB file to download.

EAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! WHY THE FUCK DIDN'T YOU INCLUDE THAT IN THE GODDAMN BASE GAME DOWNLOAD? ARE THE PEOPLE WHO REFUSE TO PLAY WITH THE NEWEST PATCH OR SOMETHING?!
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #31024 on: January 03, 2014, 04:05:30 pm »

Go down to pay a bill that needs to be paid in person. Battery's dead. How could this happen? Passenger-side reading light is on. That just raises further questions! Nobody with a car is at home at this time of day and willing to answer the door, so I have to pay $60 to get it jumpstarted. Need to run car for 45 minutes before turning it off. Radio needs a code to reactivate, allegedly found on a pair of cards in my glove compartment. After rifling through it, determine that they had not, in fact, come with the car. Need radio serial number to get code - need to figure out how to pull the radio out myself in order to find it, since spending another $60 is not acceptable. That being literally the only information I needed, this whole theft deterrent system apparently serves no purpose since that serial number is printed directly on the radio itself. Get to the place I owe money - they're closed.

15 minute errand -> 90 minute ordeal

Spend entire time thinking of simple solutions to prevent the battery from dying like this.
Possible solution: spare battery in the trunk? It sure would be nice if the electric system had some kind of shutoff where it won't let you use up the last bit of juice unless the car is running (in which circumstance we can assume the battery wouldn't run low anyway).
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31025 on: January 03, 2014, 04:06:14 pm »

Sorry, Scrdest. That's the problem with following a let's play of a game. It tends to make you want to play it.

* Iceblaster points to his copy of Just Cause 2

Perfect example.

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #31026 on: January 03, 2014, 06:25:16 pm »

-snip-
Possible solution: spare battery in the trunk? It sure would be nice if the electric system had some kind of shutoff where it won't let you use up the last bit of juice unless the car is running (in which circumstance we can assume the battery wouldn't run low anyway).

Even better (and cheaper, as far as I know) solution is a power tank (search amazon for 'instant power' to see what I mean). Portable battery big enough to jump-start a car, built-in jumper cables, and you recharge it from a wall socket. Plus you've got a built-in flashlight and a 12-volt lighter port if you need them. Of course, a power-cutoff would be better than any other solution, really.
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #31027 on: January 03, 2014, 06:39:05 pm »

Maybe car manufacturers are really smart and thoughtful people, but nobody has ever had a battery go dead because they left something on. Certainly if there was a need for a feature the manufacturer would put it in.

If only there were some kind of computing device in the car that could control the electrical system. It's almost like you could program a solution and add it to the car's OS without changing your assembly line at all.

Snark aside, maybe they have this in newer cars.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #31028 on: January 03, 2014, 07:46:35 pm »

I still don't know how that light got on in the first place. It's on the ceiling, and you need to press it!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #31029 on: January 03, 2014, 08:00:30 pm »

Having huge problems with my chargers. They seem to stop working for some reason..
« Last Edit: January 03, 2014, 08:02:15 pm by ChairmanPoo »
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #31030 on: January 03, 2014, 11:49:42 pm »

It is cold enough in my bedroom to make my hands go numb.

Either I'm sleeping on the couch, or I'll have like 7 extra blankies tonight.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31031 on: January 04, 2014, 12:18:11 am »

So. Sometime earlier today, while I was sitting around, I got dropped from this dedicated route I had been doing. No one thought to tell me. I then get assigned to go pick up a trailer from another driver. Again, not one peep. And now it is 9 at night, I head back to the truck for some shut-eye, and ONLY NOW do I discover all that has happened.

Everyone in the goddamn company has my phone number, yet not one person thought to let me know anything. Boss didn't call to say so much as a good-bye-good-luck. I could have been on my way hours ago, or maybe this is all a mistake and it could have been fixed hours ago. It's too late now though! Everyone who could answer my questions or find out what the hell happened has gone to bed, so now my only option is to do what I can tonight and try to get some answers tomorrow. And I will be getting some goddamn answers.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #31032 on: January 04, 2014, 12:58:18 am »

It is cold enough in my bedroom to make my hands go numb.

Either I'm sleeping on the couch, or I'll have like 7 extra blankies tonight.
If there wasn't another person in this house, it'd be around freezing in this room right now. Unfortunately, as is, there is, and so the AC is on and it isn't. I can't curl up under my small mountain of bedding without overheating, and that is a great sadness. Hopefully there'll be a few more freezes later in the month...

... because being able to bury oneself under 5-10 blankets, and probably a smattering of pillows and a housecoat (or two) and maybe a jacket and why not throw in some gloves and socks and maybe a towel or three and a jacket and time to see what else the house has I can pilfer for heat catching and...

... well, the idea gets across. It is the best of feelings. To be warm, and not miserable, but happy. Because it's cold out, and thus adding warmth doesn't make you feel like shit. Which is what happens to me with any ambient temperature over about 70F. Below that, blankets are bliss. Over, and they are hell.

At least the AC vent's closed, so it's a little cool. Nose feeling a little nippy, if nothing else. It's something. If there wasn't a chance of rain while I'm asleep I might woulda' opened a window, let some of that glorious 37F air in...

Point... point being. Get the blankies. They are wonderful.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #31033 on: January 04, 2014, 01:07:43 am »

So apparently NVidia don't support OpenCL any more. NVidia basically dropped all pretenses at supporting the OpenCL standard for all their cards, and as such, they can't use above version 1.1, released in 2010. Hardware support is there; they just can't be arsed to write drivers for it. Well, guess any OpenCL code I write excludes the use of NVidia GPUs. Time to buy a proper AMD card (which will soon be faster and probably have better console porting ability because of Mantle anyway) and put this NVidia paperweight in the closet.

Yeah, so don't buy NVidia GPUs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31034 on: January 04, 2014, 01:13:45 am »

Pouring out sweat all day, pretty much every surface in my flat is painful to touch, and to top it off my fan just died, leaving a nasty smell of melting plastic in the room. I don't think I'll be able to play my PS3 anymore in this weather, the thing goes into overdrive trying to keep itself cool.

If only I had some money and could actually go somewhere. ::)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 2067 2068 [2069] 2070 2071 ... 3345