Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2063 2064 [2065] 2066 2067 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699462 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Road Rules Edition
« Reply #30960 on: January 01, 2014, 12:48:17 am »

So my mom and I went with her boyfriend to his job site and he made us work.

That ass screamed and yelled at us the entire time for not working hard enough.

He also has no notion of safety. Apparently safety is for pussies. He refuses eye protection, gloves, and basically any form of equipment because "he's a real man". He'll discipline his own employees for wearing safety gear, and he took a pair of gloves right off my hands and called me a "cowardly faggot" for wearing them.

Happy Fucking New Years!

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30961 on: January 01, 2014, 12:52:38 am »

I'm pretty sure you can call someone down on his ass for that. I'm not sure who it would be, because I've no idea where you live, but that shit is wrong.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30962 on: January 01, 2014, 12:54:19 am »

Seriously. That's all bullshit, and it pisses me off that people think they can get away with shit like that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30963 on: January 01, 2014, 12:54:53 am »

Assuming BlackFlyme lives in the US, call OSHA. They will come down on him so hard for that sort of crap, and the best part is tipping them off is completely anonymous.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #30964 on: January 01, 2014, 12:55:11 am »

Yeah that doesn't seem legal.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30965 on: January 01, 2014, 12:58:37 am »

Actually, it's not technically a job site. I probably shouldn't have said that. But he's renovating a house, and has been dragging anyone he can to work on it.

I can't completely blame him for it, since everyone who promised to help him with it has bailed last second, leaving him with absolutely no labour.

But at the same time, I can't blame them for backing out. Short temper + superiority complex + man-child tendencies = worst person I've ever met.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #30966 on: January 01, 2014, 01:00:25 am »

So my mom and I went with her boyfriend to his job site and he made us work.

That ass screamed and yelled at us the entire time for not working hard enough.

He also has no notion of safety. Apparently safety is for pussies. He refuses eye protection, gloves, and basically any form of equipment because "he's a real man". He'll discipline his own employees for wearing safety gear, and he took a pair of gloves right off my hands and called me a "cowardly faggot" for wearing them.

Happy Fucking New Years!

It really astounds me how behavior like that manages to survive so far into adulthood.  I see life kick so many people in the ass for so much less, and then there are people like this who are rewarded with management positions.  Does not compute.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30967 on: January 01, 2014, 01:06:36 am »

Actually, it's not technically a job site. I probably shouldn't have said that. But he's renovating a house, and has been dragging anyone he can to work on it.

I can't completely blame him for it, since everyone who promised to help him with it has bailed last second, leaving him with absolutely no labour.

But at the same time, I can't blame them for backing out. Short temper + superiority complex + man-child tendencies = worst person I've ever met.
Is he a business owner? You can still bust him with an OSHA violation.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30968 on: January 01, 2014, 01:12:18 am »

He owns his own business, but it's not house renovation, and he isn't that reckless when it comes to his actual profession. If he was, people would most definitely be dead right now.

He's mostly doing it to try and screw around with me, because I'm not manly enough for him. He wouldn't actually enforce it on his employees, but he'd mock them all day for it. He thinks that he can "toughen me up".

Working with him is hell, and it's no surprise that no employees ever stick around for long. Most get fired for not working hard enough for his liking.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30969 on: January 01, 2014, 01:16:14 am »

Sounds to me like a walk off. This guy needs a shovel to the face, but it's not the best course of action. He gets in your face again, I'd just drop everything right then and there and tell him to do his own fucking work.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30970 on: January 01, 2014, 01:42:04 am »

Sounds to me like a walk off. This guy needs a shovel to the face, but it's not the best course of action. He gets in your face again, I'd just drop everything right then and there and tell him to do his own fucking work.

A bit hard to do when he's your ride.

Sorry if I seem like I'm going back and forth here with what I'm saying. I'm just very angry right now.

To clarify: He'll generally refuse to wear gloves/glasses/etc. unless he's cutting metal or working with electricity or something extreme like that. He's cut his hands open several times, but he's stubborn. I had the gloves removed because I was handling wood, which apparently isn't glove-worthy. At my actual job I'm required to wear gloves when handling just about anything from garbage disposal to moving skids.

House renovation isn't his job, this is just a pet project he's doing on the side. On an actual job he's not as reckless, because he's fully aware of labour laws and health and safety laws. But here it's his project, and everyone who's working on this house has volunteered or been persuaded to do it, with exception to things that require actual professionals, like electricity and plumbing. Everything that has to get inspected already has been. Electricity, plumbing, structural stability have all come up with positive results from the town inspectors. I was never aware you needed a permit to renovate a home until now.

We were there for four hours tonight. The only thing we managed to make there in that time was a single shelving unit in the basement. He gives shit directions too. Can't remember the proper names for tools, or even describe them properly half the time. Yelled at me to get the "hammer-machine", by which he meant the nail-gun. Then he got pissy when I didn't have a clue what he was talking about. And he wonders why none of his employees are able to follow his directions.

Playergamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Dance dance hadoken!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30971 on: January 01, 2014, 01:46:41 am »

A bit hard to do when he's your ride.

Sorry if I seem like I'm going back and forth here with what I'm saying. I'm just very angry right now.

To clarify: He'll generally refuse to wear gloves/glasses/etc. unless he's cutting metal or working with electricity or something extreme like that. He's cut his hands open several times, but he's stubborn. I had the gloves removed because I was handling wood, which apparently isn't glove-worthy. At my actual job I'm required to wear gloves when handling just about anything from garbage disposal to moving skids.

House renovation isn't his job, this is just a pet project he's doing on the side. On an actual job he's not as reckless, because he's fully aware of labour laws and health and safety laws. But here it's his project, and everyone who's working on this house has volunteered or been persuaded to do it, with exception to things that require actual professionals, like electricity and plumbing. Everything that has to get inspected already has been. Electricity, plumbing, structural stability have all come up with positive results from the town inspectors. I was never aware you needed a permit to renovate a home until now.

We were there for four hours tonight. The only thing we managed to make there in that time was a single shelving unit in the basement. He gives shit directions too. Can't remember the proper names for tools, or even describe them properly half the time. Yelled at me to get the "hammer-machine", by which he meant the nail-gun. Then he got pissy when I didn't have a clue what he was talking about. And he wonders why none of his employees are able to follow his directions.
My suggestion : Organize everyone and just, walk out.
A troll, most likely...But I hate not feeding the animals. Let the games begin.
Ya fuckin' wanker.   

My sigtext

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #30972 on: January 01, 2014, 02:07:17 am »

He owns his own business, but it's not house renovation, and he isn't that reckless when it comes to his actual profession. If he was, people would most definitely be dead right now.

He's mostly doing it to try and screw around with me, because I'm not manly enough for him. He wouldn't actually enforce it on his employees, but he'd mock them all day for it. He thinks that he can "toughen me up".

Working with him is hell, and it's no surprise that no employees ever stick around for long. Most get fired for not working hard enough for his liking.
That guy either really has a skewed notion of what constitutes humanity, or believes the stereotype of being male is 'I CAN TAKE EVERYTHING. I DON'T NEED YER STOOPID SAFETY. TOUGH!'
>_>
Erm, sorry for asking but...did you try talking to him about that? Perhaps he just really doesn't know how bad going against safety could be (and being a total jerk to others via verbal abuse. He's just showing total ignorance there.)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30973 on: January 01, 2014, 02:15:09 am »

That guy either really has a skewed notion of what constitutes humanity, or believes the stereotype of being male is 'I CAN TAKE EVERYTHING. I DON'T NEED YER STOOPID SAFETY. TOUGH!'
>_>
Erm, sorry for asking but...did you try talking to him about that? Perhaps he just really doesn't know how bad going against safety could be (and being a total jerk to others via verbal abuse. He's just showing total ignorance there.)

He's heavily into the male-stereotype, and has basically never mentally matured past 13. Crude jokes, racist/sexist comments, swearing like he only just discovered the words. He's aware of safety, he just thinks he's a tough guy. Though like I said, he will get equipment for things that will definitely get you killed otherwise.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #30974 on: January 01, 2014, 02:54:04 am »

It may not be his job, but is he getting paid for the renovation? If so, I think that qualifies as a home business. However, if you're legally a dependent of his then fucked if I know how it works. There's bound to be shit in there to disqualify chores as any kind of employment. You'd probably get better results with a child welfare office. You're a minor, if I recall, right?EDIT: Checked profile, nevermind.

New best plan is to spend as much time out of the house as possible. This will convince them that you're developing a social life, a hallmark of manly men. Investigate public transport, libraries for internet, etc. Get (shitty, if necessary) job, set up a bank account without telling them, save up until you can move out. At this point it should become straightforward to summon the police if he tries to harass you when you're no longer living in the same home.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2014, 02:59:16 am by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 2063 2064 [2065] 2066 2067 ... 3345