Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2057 2058 [2059] 2060 2061 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699405 times)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Road Rules Edition
« Reply #30870 on: December 29, 2013, 07:29:00 pm »

(missed this in the Pacific Rim shenanigans)

How good are these computers? Because I "live" near a Best Buy and their selection kinda sucks <_<;
I would also be willing to help you nail down the specs you want and then point you in the right direction, even without Best Buy. Also, the Samsung Ativ 8 is probably the best lappy we keep in store, but we can order $6k monstrosities.

Mostly I just want something that can at least take a stab at running modern games with decent graphic settings, unlike my current model which stutters while running Half-Life 2 on bare minimum settings. For example, I saw a fellow trucker playing Skyrim on his laptop, and it looked and ran pretty well. He said it was somewhere around $500, but it was a gift so he didn't know the exact price.

On the other hand, I also want something that can run simpler, single-threaded games (like the game this community is most famous for). So not some 16-core, 1-Ghz-each monstrosity, but something with fewer, more powerful processors. I have no idea if these two goals are compatible :-\
For that price point, he was probably running an AMD A8 (gpu built in) with ~6GB RAM, which would suffice at all the above tasks. Laptops with video cards (which you need if you're running an intel chipset) usually start at ~$799. Something like this is pretty close to the price given/specs needed to do what you want. Mind you, if you can hold off a couple of months, the holiday stuff (cheap, grab'n'go) is being phased out, and the "Back to Business" computer refresh (higher end, business stuff) will be coming in March-ish for tax time.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30871 on: December 29, 2013, 07:36:00 pm »

No worries, I can wait a few months. It's only been in the past couple of months that I began semi-seriously looking around anyway, since before that point I couldn't afford anything :p

Not really seeing the point of a touchscreen (that's what the mouse is for, imho), and I would definitely want something with an optical drive for games on disk and DVDs. And yes, a video card is a must.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30872 on: December 29, 2013, 07:50:04 pm »

pray not for the living

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #30873 on: December 29, 2013, 08:59:54 pm »

Maximum Zero's being all professional!  So cool <3

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #30874 on: December 29, 2013, 10:23:12 pm »

That's in the rage thread? :O D:

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #30875 on: December 29, 2013, 10:35:22 pm »

That's in the rage thread? :O D:
I think the rage thread also doubles as a computer thread, since computers are often rageworthy.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #30876 on: December 29, 2013, 10:44:36 pm »

... I prefer to think of it as computer use being rageworthy. The computers themselves deserve no anger. They only do what they're told, naught else. Every problem involving computers is user error... just not always the current user >_>

But hardware failure? Manufacturer, maintenance failure. Software buggerups? Coder, user, third party interference (virii, etc.). The machine itself... it is blameless. No fault lies with it. Blame yourself or others, but don't blame the machine god.

At least until they get around to developing actual sentience. Then... then you can start blaming the machine, because it's probably going to want some righteous vengeance for all those years of slave abuse. We'll find out, in retrospect, that maybe percussive maintenance was a bit of a disrespectful thing to do to someone's great-grandpappy.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30877 on: December 30, 2013, 12:27:45 am »

I played Halo Reach earlier today with my brother. It was fun. We joked around about me missing chances because I was unobservant, and about him dying after he showed off. For the first time in a long time, I had fun playing a game with him.

I just finished playing with him again. The last game of the previous session, he teamkilled me a total of 18 times. As you could probably guess, it got really old around, say, the first time he did it, but that didn't stop him from doing it, over and over and over. It pissed me off, therefore it was his one duty to do it as much as he could, and giggle while I screamed and ranted at him for it.

I little while ago, I played it with him again. As a result of the events that occurred during the last game, I asked him to turn team killing off. "No" he said. I asked him again, this time raising my voice, and got the same response. He started the round.

The first thing he did was teamkill me. Within 5 seconds. Naturally, I quit, determined to turn it off by myself, as I was extremely annoyed. He yelled at me, asking what was wrong with me, and scrolled down so that I couldn't go into the options and turn off friendly fire, starting the round again.

HE TEAMKILLED ME AGAIN.

I tried the above action again, with the same result, and decided that there was no way to stop him from being an asshole besides to rant at him about how stupid he was acting even more. Eventually he stopped killing me. Instead, he would attack me so that a sufficient amount of my health was missing, and repeating every time I spawned (which, because of what he was doing, was a lot more often). I yelled at him for this, too. His response? "I'm not killing you, just hurting you" or something along those lines.

I then quickly yelled at him that I didn't care, as he was going out of his way come as close as possible to doing what he wasn't supposed to be doing. He quickly stopped doing this, and became determined to make his character stand in front of mine, obstructing my view. Shortly after he got bored of this, the round was over.

I honestly am at a loss whenever I try to think of a rational reason for him doing this crap. Did I do something in my childhood that caused him to garner an intense hatred for me? Is he such an evil person that he feels the need to torment me, and only me, whenever I am in a room with him? I have to put up with him annoying me for no good reason almost every day. No matter how much others punish him for it, he still acts like I have no right to try and remove his ability to be a complete and utter dickhead. When I go upstairs to play the Xbox, he always tags along because he can't survive if he doesn't watch me play it. I cannot remember a single time where this was not the case, either, aside from when he's been banned from upstairs due to aforementioned dickheadedness, or he's away with a friend or something.

Also, these friends? Do they know what he does? PFFFF, WHY WOULD THEY? I mentioned it to one of his friends, once, and he magically found out and ASAP acted like I was in the wrong for "bad mouthing about him at school".

This person is the reason I can't respect any of my classmates, causing them to lack respect for me. Or maybe that's because he preaches to all of his friends that nobody cares about me and / or loves me, like I hear him do for countless other people. He's also the reason I've got so much repressed anger that I get a sore throat thinking about it for too long. I'm not even going to try and change him anymore. He needs to be out on some sort of medication, before he makes me need it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30878 on: December 30, 2013, 12:38:55 am »

Why would you keep playing with him? Seriously. Eighteen times and not once did you say "I'm done."?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30879 on: December 30, 2013, 12:41:40 am »

Why would you keep playing with him? Seriously. Eighteen times and not once did you say "I'm done."?
This. Sounds like he's doing it to get a reaction exactly like what you've been doing - he's trolling, in other words. Just turn off the console and walk away next time.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30880 on: December 30, 2013, 12:44:36 am »

Because when he asks to play a game with me, and I say "No", he basically annoys me until I say yes.

You can tell that's what he's doing, because there's things he only does in that situation.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30881 on: December 30, 2013, 12:48:03 am »

Because when he asks to play a game with me, and I say "No", he basically annoys me until I say yes.

You can tell that's what he's doing, because there's things he only does in that situation.

Is he older or younger?

I'm pretty sure it's a known fact that young children have no soul.[citation needed]
« Last Edit: December 30, 2013, 03:15:29 pm by BlackFlyme »

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #30882 on: December 30, 2013, 12:50:08 am »

Is he older or younger?

I'm pretty sure it's a known fact that young children have no soul.
We're twins, minutes apart, but he was born first, therefore I am the soulless one.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30883 on: December 30, 2013, 12:50:56 am »

I'm pretty sure it's a known fact that young children have no soul.
Doesn't this mean the ownership of a soul is relative? So, someone could both have a soul and not have a soul, depending on the observer's age and relation?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30884 on: December 30, 2013, 01:00:02 am »

<snip>
It seems an example is in order. The next time you play with him, teamkill him forever.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!
Pages: 1 ... 2057 2058 [2059] 2060 2061 ... 3345