Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2056 2057 [2058] 2059 2060 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3699484 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Road Rules Edition
« Reply #30855 on: December 29, 2013, 03:05:00 am »

What I never figured out is why, if Gipsy Danger had ejection pods that could let them ride out a nuclear blast and travel through the Rift, why didn't anyone else bail out like that?
Cherno was designed without them - they win or they die. Crimson Typhoon rolled a natural 1 while Otachi rolled a natural 20.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30856 on: December 29, 2013, 03:23:40 am »

What I never figured out is why, if Gipsy Danger had ejection pods that could let them ride out a nuclear blast and travel through the Rift, why didn't anyone else bail out like that?
Cherno was designed without them - they win or they die. Crimson Typhoon rolled a natural 1 while Otachi rolled a natural 20.
I was talking more about Striker Eureka when Pentecost and Chuck were fighting Slattern; they armed the nuke for a suicide attack, but they had a good ten or twenty seconds of time between doing so and it blowing up at the very least, and they apparently didn't even consider bailing, despite having no clear reason not to. And they probably could have survived, too, given that the explosion was actually fairly underwhelming--at the very least, not much more powerful than Gipsy Danger's reactor overload. :|

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #30857 on: December 29, 2013, 08:29:14 am »

Honk spoilers.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #30858 on: December 29, 2013, 08:38:01 am »

I was talking more about Striker Eureka when Pentecost and Chuck were fighting Slattern; they armed the nuke for a suicide attack, but they had a good ten or twenty seconds of time between doing so and it blowing up at the very least, and they apparently didn't even consider bailing, despite having no clear reason not to. And they probably could have survived, too, given that the explosion was actually fairly underwhelming--at the very least, not much more powerful than Gipsy Danger's reactor overload. :|

'Fairly underwhelming'. It created a gigantic vacuum that was probably a mile or more across, at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. A giant bubble of nothing big enough to completely and vastly engulf the fifty story tall robot.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30859 on: December 29, 2013, 01:36:51 pm »

How good are these computers? Because I "live" near a Best Buy and their selection kinda sucks <_<;
I would also be willing to help you nail down the specs you want and then point you in the right direction, even without Best Buy. Also, the Samsung Ativ 8 is probably the best lappy we keep in store, but we can order $6k monstrosities.

@ Hans: I'm probably going to build one of those in the future. Cost estimate for what I want is about $3.5k, but it's going to be obnoxiously overpowered.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30860 on: December 29, 2013, 01:41:54 pm »

Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30861 on: December 29, 2013, 02:16:57 pm »

'Fairly underwhelming'. It created a gigantic vacuum that was probably a mile or more across, at the bottom of the Pacific Ocean. A giant bubble of nothing big enough to completely and vastly engulf the fifty story tall robot.

Compared to Gipsy's reactor overload, which was apparently enough to fuck over a substantial portion of that alien planet/city/whatever, without any BS excuses like "lol it lit the atmosphere on fire" from Battlefield Earth? Yes. That was my point. Those magic escape pods let Mako and Male Lead Dude ride out that explosion and the Rift transit without dying, but they couldn't save Chuck (though yes, Pentecost was probably dead either way)?

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30862 on: December 29, 2013, 02:24:56 pm »

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30863 on: December 29, 2013, 02:32:13 pm »

3. Run Resize Enable

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30864 on: December 29, 2013, 02:41:28 pm »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #30865 on: December 29, 2013, 03:10:56 pm »

3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30866 on: December 29, 2013, 06:03:50 pm »

Considering that the apparent purpose of the kaijuu is
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30867 on: December 29, 2013, 06:11:00 pm »

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #30868 on: December 29, 2013, 06:14:22 pm »

I personally like the part where

And then the part where the

But the part where

Was pretty good too.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30869 on: December 29, 2013, 07:00:37 pm »

(missed this in the Pacific Rim shenanigans)

How good are these computers? Because I "live" near a Best Buy and their selection kinda sucks <_<;
I would also be willing to help you nail down the specs you want and then point you in the right direction, even without Best Buy. Also, the Samsung Ativ 8 is probably the best lappy we keep in store, but we can order $6k monstrosities.

Mostly I just want something that can at least take a stab at running modern games with decent graphic settings, unlike my current model which stutters while running Half-Life 2 on bare minimum settings. For example, I saw a fellow trucker playing Skyrim on his laptop, and it looked and ran pretty well. He said it was somewhere around $500, but it was a gift so he didn't know the exact price.

On the other hand, I also want something that can run simpler, single-threaded games (like the game this community is most famous for). So not some 16-core, 1-Ghz-each monstrosity, but something with fewer, more powerful processors. I have no idea if these two goals are compatible :-\
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 2056 2057 [2058] 2059 2060 ... 3345