Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 2042 2043 [2044] 2045 2046 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691902 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Road Rules Edition
« Reply #30645 on: December 20, 2013, 05:13:30 pm »

Anywho, my mom's boyfriend found out that I am off of school until January. This pissed him off, and he has devised a ton of chores to keep me constantly working throughout my entire vacation.

Scratch that, he decided to drag me to work with him instead.

That was six hours of hell. He has an absurdly short temper. The fact that he's perpetually screaming even when he's not mad doesn't help communications with him. Plus he gives bad directions when he tells you to do a task and usually expects it done within five minutes of him telling you to do it, even if it is a large task such as cleaning an entire basement with a broken broom. Which is exactly what happened today.

He also doesn't believe in taking breaks, either. All I've had today is breakfast, since we didn't stop to eat. In fact, This is the first time I've even sat down since I wrote my last post.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30646 on: December 20, 2013, 05:15:20 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now that's over, time to rage!

I might have to delay the first mission for Fallout Tactics on here due to me having to go to my mac partition, play it there using the mac version, then import the images to the windows side, put them on imgur, then port over the text I wrote down from my mac side, move that over to here, theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen put it up here finally.
...Why do you have to play it on the mac? That seems like a massively overcomplicated way to do things.

Well long story short, I have a Mac laptop an no USB keyboard with print screen, so now due to Apple's 'innovation' I have to use the Mac side and its command f3 screen cap button.
Theres programs you can find for free that take screenshots for you, if you want to use one of those. Not locked to the printscreen key either.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30647 on: December 20, 2013, 05:19:41 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Now that's over, time to rage!

I might have to delay the first mission for Fallout Tactics on here due to me having to go to my mac partition, play it there using the mac version, then import the images to the windows side, put them on imgur, then port over the text I wrote down from my mac side, move that over to here, theeeeeeeeeeeeeeeen put it up here finally.
...Why do you have to play it on the mac? That seems like a massively overcomplicated way to do things.

Well long story short, I have a Mac laptop an no USB keyboard with print screen, so now due to Apple's 'innovation' I have to use the Mac side and its command f3 screen cap button.
Theres programs you can find for free that take screenshots for you, if you want to use one of those. Not locked to the printscreen key either.

Recommendations?

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #30648 on: December 20, 2013, 05:22:04 pm »

I've used Gadwin Printscreen before, but I don't know if thats the best you could find.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30649 on: December 20, 2013, 05:22:42 pm »

Anywho, my mom's boyfriend found out that I am off of school until January. This pissed him off, and he has devised a ton of chores to keep me constantly working throughout my entire vacation.

Scratch that, he decided to drag me to work with him instead.

That was six hours of hell. He has an absurdly short temper. The fact that he's perpetually screaming even when he's not mad doesn't help communications with him. Plus he gives bad directions when he tells you to do a task and usually expects it done within five minutes of him telling you to do it, even if it is a large task such as cleaning an entire basement with a broken broom. Which is exactly what happened today.

He also doesn't believe in taking breaks, either. All I've had today is breakfast, since we didn't stop to eat. In fact, This is the first time I've even sat down since I wrote my last post.
:I

You know you can refuse, ya?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30650 on: December 20, 2013, 05:24:26 pm »

:I

You know you can refuse, ya?

But that would just lead to even more screaming than usual, both at me and my mom. Plus he would just force me to go anyways, and give me an even worse task than whatever he planned on making me do in the first place.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #30651 on: December 20, 2013, 05:41:47 pm »

You are 20 years old. At some point in your life, you are going to have to learn to stand up for yourself and assert your personhood.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #30652 on: December 20, 2013, 05:48:59 pm »

Although, the one I'd suggest you stand up to is your mother. Tell her her boyfriend's a pile of shit.

Not sure you want to piss him off or you might get hurt.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #30653 on: December 20, 2013, 05:50:42 pm »

You are 20 years old. At some point in your life, you are going to have to learn to stand up for yourself and assert your personhood.

Unfortunately, "my house, my rules" rules regardless of pretty much any age. Been through this before and that's generally the answer you'll receive.

Then again, if you're paying them rent, by all means, point that fact out.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30654 on: December 20, 2013, 06:12:39 pm »

He's an asshole. Everyone knows that, my mom included. Most of his family actively avoids him because of it.

But because of reasons my mom isn't able to back out of the relationship, and until I'm unable to leave partly because none of my relatives live close enough for me to continue going to college and because I have to be frugal with what little money I have due to the fact that until further notice I'm out of work. I'm waiting on my manager to say otherwise.

So despite his constant dirty jokes, insults, and other things that really grate on my nerves, we have to deal with him. That and I, my mother, her mother, and several of his family and friends, including his own children, have all called him out for being an ass at one point or another and it has never once gotten through to him.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #30655 on: December 20, 2013, 08:20:02 pm »

Today is not a good day.

It started when I was told that I would be going to San Jose. Now, San Jose is not the worst place to go, but the problem was that I had to be somewhere else afterwards to pick up a load by 10am. This was at 8am. My base is two and a half hours from San Jose if traffic cooperates, and its another good two hours to the pickup location. So I'm already doomed to be late.

Then, after I finish in San Jose I get a call to go somewhere else to help out a rookie. This puts me a good half-hour further behind schedule, and since the rookie was in the opposite direction of the pickup I then had to drive that extra half hour again.

THEN, when I finally arrive at the pickup spot, everyone is lecturing me for being late and now I've been sitting around waiting. For two hours. To get loaded. Since of course everyone else is arriving on time so they get priority. Despite my protestations that there was literally nothing I could have done to actually get here on time because I was practically late from the get-go.

My plans to get a shower and have a decent dinner are completely out the window now. All I can do is hope that they get around to setting me up eventually and hope that traffic isn't overly horrible so I can get this stuff delivered tonight.

Imma have words with my boss tomorrow. This is bullshit.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30656 on: December 21, 2013, 02:52:53 pm »

DSS sent a notice that they're not paying my rent, though I still receive my other benefits. Probably. I don't really know, since my parents take everything. Mind you, I didn't even know I was still getting benefits until getting an appointment letter to recertify. Anyhow, my mother voiced significant disappointment when I told her I bring in about $200 a week(maybe less, due to taxes, etc.), implying that my stepdad wanted far more.

Because, you know, someone who sits around smoking weed all day living off other peoples' benefits and paychecks has a right to be pissed about someone who washes dishes all day makes.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #30657 on: December 21, 2013, 03:15:58 pm »

Why do you let them take everything? :I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #30658 on: December 21, 2013, 03:20:27 pm »

Why do you let them take everything? :I
The alternative: living on the street in the middle of winter.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #30659 on: December 21, 2013, 04:00:33 pm »

U.S. Customs makes me rage. 

We had a hand carry come in a couple days ago.  That's when our customer really really needs something immediately, so they hire a courier to carry the cargo as their personal luggage.  They still have to declare the stuff to customs and have it released like any other imported item.  It's just supposed to be a faster and closer monitored means of getting something from Point A to Point B.

Every port handles these differently.  So we called them in advance.  Set everything up.  All exactly as directed.

Then when it comes time for the courier to actually walk through customs, different officers become involved besides the one we discussed the rules with in advance.  Every single one apparently has a completely different idea of how things are supposed to work, and only gets angry when we relate to one what we've been told by another.  They seriously can't agree on what the rules are supposed to be, and instead of working it out between themselves, they work it out through abusing the fuck out of our courier.  This is a guy who has traveled all over the world on every continent, and they reduce him to tears.  Officers were heard screaming at him over the phone.  Which is ridiculous, because the processes they couldn't agree on were petty details in the paperwork. 

Then they seize the cargo overnight.  In the morning it's lost, and it takes several hours and upper executives from our company, our customer, and the airline all getting involved in order to convince them to find it for us.

All this over some simple electronic audio components.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 2042 2043 [2044] 2045 2046 ... 3345