Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1979 1980 [1981] 1982 1983 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691898 times)

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Justice Edition
« Reply #29700 on: November 22, 2013, 05:56:33 am »

<insert oldschool rant here>

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29701 on: November 22, 2013, 11:22:22 am »

...why did they need to remove the phone line even phone lines rarely have good reasons to be removed unless someone's shamelessly looting them signals

also can't you just directly connect to the dongle and fuck around with its settings or just find the connect/disconnect button in them? i had a huawei dongle for a year that caused bsods and shit but i kept using it because i had no real alternative and after i just taped the damn thing to the underside of the netbook (which later caused the cable to snap because guess what it was as shit as the dongle itself and it couldn't charge so i had to spend like twenty fucking bucks because they had to use a rarely used microusb type for good measure)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29702 on: November 22, 2013, 11:24:01 am »

I am starting to find it funny that videogames are starting to become more stressful then everything else.
Only if you play the right ones. Or the wrong ones, depending on the type of stress.

Honestly part of me wants to say that if a videogame is causing you more stress than the stress you play to relieve... You might want to consider something else.

Then again, that is probably why I don't finish enough games.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #29703 on: November 22, 2013, 11:27:35 am »

Games are stressful, yes, but the thing about games is that you can finish them and the stress stops. While with real life, it's very hard to find and eliminate the source of the stress, if it's even possible.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29704 on: November 22, 2013, 11:52:33 am »

I am starting to find it funny that videogames are starting to become more stressful then everything else.
Only if you play the right ones. Or the wrong ones, depending on the type of stress.

Honestly part of me wants to say that if a videogame is causing you more stress than the stress you play to relieve... You might want to consider something else.

Sometimes games can put you under insane amounts of stress, yet the rewards are even more satisfying. Take for example Kerbal Space Program. Building a Mun lander takes lots of forethought, launching it requires tons of attention, landing it takes extreme amounts of concentration, yet if you manage to do all of it right, you'll have landed a rocket on the moon, and that makes it so damn worth your efforts.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #29705 on: November 22, 2013, 11:53:57 am »

Sometimes games can put you under insane amounts of stress, yet the rewards are even more satisfying. Take for example Kerbal Space Program. Building a Mun lander takes lots of forethought, launching it requires tons of attention, landing it takes extreme amounts of concentration, yet if you manage to do all of it right, you'll have landed a rocket on the moon, and that makes it so damn worth your efforts.
Dorf Fortress.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #29706 on: November 22, 2013, 12:34:41 pm »

Exposing yourself to stress in a controlled environment can be enjoyable and otherwise good for you.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29707 on: November 22, 2013, 04:25:11 pm »

Curtains.

Spent 2-3 hours today looking for the right curtains. Either they don't have the right drop, or the colour is wrong, or they're just plain not in stock and won't be for the "forseeable future" (whatever that means), and the only usable ones that were almost perfect have a god-ugly design printed to them, or are just slightly too narrow to cover in one set and far too wide in two sets, or they've just recently been discontinued, and oh lords I did not yet know the drama that could be created by curtain troubles.

CURTAINS   :o

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29708 on: November 22, 2013, 04:33:37 pm »

It's curtains for you.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29709 on: November 22, 2013, 06:11:35 pm »

It's curtains for you.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29710 on: November 22, 2013, 06:13:37 pm »

... actually, it seems that the problem is that it isn't curtains for Caz...
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29711 on: November 22, 2013, 06:15:12 pm »

"It's curtains for you, Doctor Horrible. Gently wafting lacy curtains..."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29712 on: November 22, 2013, 07:15:29 pm »

One does not simply curtains, it seems.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29713 on: November 22, 2013, 07:23:14 pm »

...curtains?

I'm not sure what thou is attempting to communicate to thee.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29714 on: November 22, 2013, 07:26:12 pm »

HRRRRRRRRG!

Try uninstalling Avast, Avast decides to freeze partway through. MSE is unable to download the virus definitions stuff because my wireless thing keeps cutting out for a fraction of a second, and as a result, I'm also unable to download KSP.

Jesus christ, whoever designed this computer, this software, this fucking dongle and the PoS router all deserve to have their heads repeatedly whacked against a wall.

EDIT: Try forcing Avast to shut down.

Apparently, I don't have access. I'M A FUCKING ADMIN! IT'S MY FUCKING COMPUTER!

I HAVE FUCKING ACCESS YOU PIECE OF CRAP!
Avast has a self-defense module. You have to disable that to allow force-close on it.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 1979 1980 [1981] 1982 1983 ... 3345