Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1978 1979 [1980] 1981 1982 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691833 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Justice Edition
« Reply #29685 on: November 21, 2013, 05:31:52 am »

Yes.

Plus, I also asked him to go to a subway station, too.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #29686 on: November 21, 2013, 08:34:29 am »

He had a friggin GPS navigator installed in his cab -_-
Sooo high tech o_O
Also running is fun ;D

Anywhoo, rage today: Pixels!

Colorful. Chromatic. Pixels.

I can't find the right shade no matter how I get the lighting. That ONE shade wherein you're darn sure it looks right or not. I can't either find the right contrasting colors for it to appear the right way I want, or am just a bit color-jaded. T_T

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29687 on: November 21, 2013, 02:05:57 pm »

My AC electronics teacher dosn't know how to use an oscilloscope, my lab partner decided to ask the teacher for help.

He called her over and the first thing she does when she sees that we aren't getting a sine wave is turn every nob and every switch on the o-scope.  She eventually comes up with something somewhat like a very dirty sine wave.  ...at .001 volts per division. and concludes she is getting the signal from the circuit. We should be getting 5 volts peak to peak.

Anybody who knows anything about the subject should know exactly what's happening.  She has the voltage set so low that she is picking up voltage from radio waves.  And she is insisting that she is correct when somebody points it out.  I even shut off the power input to point out that she's looking at radio signal and she just says that the capacitor is keeping the circuit running.  But can't figure out why the multimeters keep reading 0, when I got fed up and left she had started marking multimeters around the classroom as bad to have the techs fix.

This is beyond WTF thread.  This is complete incompetence, this is rage thread materiel.  How does my electronics teacher not know how to use the basics tools of her trade?
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29688 on: November 21, 2013, 02:33:53 pm »

-snip-
The capacitor was producing an AC current? Anyone who actually knows what those two things are should know that's stupid. They don't work that way.
I can excuse the other things as a mix of being unobservant and excessively proud, but the capacitor thing was actively come up with.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #29689 on: November 21, 2013, 02:37:49 pm »

This is beyond WTF thread.  This is complete incompetence, this is rage thread materiel.  How does my electronics teacher not know how to use the basics tools of her trade?
Probably because nowadays you do virtually no actual experimentation in that field, you just model the circuit in the software and tell it to give you the answers. :P (It's the same in mechanical engineering, general method of solving unknown problems they use a lot in industry boils down to "model it in solid works and then find the answer" because it's actually faster and less error-prone then actually doing the math to find an answer).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29690 on: November 21, 2013, 03:02:36 pm »

I have made (another) formal complaint to the school. 

I guess it could have been pride, but by the time I left they were at it for 40 minutes.  I was helping the student with the lab after class, and when the circuit wasn't working to the point where neither of us could figure out why, he said he was going to get the lab tech but got her instead.

She took over the helping after she completely dismissed everything I said and did, so I went to go do homework.  When I finished and packed up to leave I asked how it was going, and saw they were still getting the same noise signal, it was on the same settings, and she had gone through 4 different digital multimeters.  There was only 1 other student still in the room.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 03:04:20 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #29691 on: November 21, 2013, 03:33:46 pm »

You're gonna encounter a lot of dumbasses but you can just work hard to be as good as you can. Plus, she has about as much chance of being struck by lightning as anyone else, I expect, so at least there's that.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #29692 on: November 21, 2013, 04:21:42 pm »

Bought the latest DLC for Crusader Kings 2. All the other DLCs got utterly broken. Fucking yay.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29693 on: November 21, 2013, 05:17:53 pm »

Tried to play Awesomenauts online for the first time in two weeks.

Lost.
Lost.

Thanks Ronma! Your game sure is a lot of casual fun and it's not just about winning!
/sarcasm

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29694 on: November 21, 2013, 08:56:11 pm »

Spoiler: Why, TF2? (click to show/hide)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29695 on: November 21, 2013, 09:11:41 pm »

ㄷ-shaped  plaza
Using Hangeul to illustrate things. Novel idea.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29696 on: November 21, 2013, 09:22:37 pm »

I am starting to find it funny that videogames are starting to become more stressful then everything else.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29697 on: November 22, 2013, 02:18:05 am »

I am starting to find it funny that videogames are starting to become more stressful then everything else.
Only if you play the right ones. Or the wrong ones, depending on the type of stress.

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #29698 on: November 22, 2013, 04:31:37 am »

My internet is bugged. I can't read my mails, my connection is shitty and intermitent, and I can't play my games.
And it's not the first time it happens.
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Nightscar982

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29699 on: November 22, 2013, 05:46:02 am »

Mass effects lack of checkpoints, blegh. Now I have to do half the mission again :(
In all things you were. In nothing you become.
Pages: 1 ... 1978 1979 [1980] 1981 1982 ... 3345