Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1965 1966 [1967] 1968 1969 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691505 times)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #29490 on: November 15, 2013, 09:08:32 pm »

The only food texture that I dislike is that of cold meat, i.e. lunchmeat. Like, I could eat cooked meat until the dead cows come home, but with cold meat I can pick out every single spot of gristle and, rarely, bone. And that's terrible.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29491 on: November 15, 2013, 09:21:36 pm »

I can't think of any particular food that I have eaten that I haven't liked (certainly some foods I've seen that look terrible however), but not all of them tasted good enough to be liked either.

And then theres cabbage, which is weird edible plastic lettuce.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #29492 on: November 15, 2013, 11:51:47 pm »

NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29493 on: November 15, 2013, 11:54:26 pm »

The proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership
Could have told me it was a WikiLeaks link. Now I'm probably on five, ten more government watchlists just for clicking it.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29494 on: November 15, 2013, 11:57:13 pm »

I rage when people spam identical posts to more than one thread >:[
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29495 on: November 16, 2013, 12:42:26 am »

The proposed Trans-Pacific Partnership
Could have told me it was a WikiLeaks link. Now I'm probably on five, ten more government watchlists just for clicking it.
Probably not. I'm not going to click it, just in case, but I don't think they have the resources to stalk every single wikileaks user, much less viewer.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29496 on: November 16, 2013, 12:50:50 am »

Heehee hoho haha. Heuristics are a wonderful thing. Means that one person can track and monitor hundreds to thousands of other individuals with relatively little effort. Among all those other things that act as massive multipliers on how effective surveillance manpower can be.

Seriously, we've got to get used to the fact we're in a world where multiple organizations do have the resources to "stalk" hundreds of thousands to millions of people, especially in whatever said particular organization's primary area of interest is. We have both the technology and the methodology already, both are improving by the day and... that's really all there is to it.

Multiple governments can, could, do. Multiple corporations (hello, google!) can, could, do. It's a solved problem, and efficiency is increasing.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #29497 on: November 16, 2013, 05:34:04 am »

Rawr. I was tricked by the fact that a train pulled into the opposite track, so I didn't look up from my interneting only to hear the very close hiss of pneumatic doors closing right in front of me. Next train, ten minutes off.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #29498 on: November 16, 2013, 05:47:39 am »

I'm mad about nothing and that makes me angry.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29499 on: November 16, 2013, 10:07:55 am »

I'm mad about nothing and that makes me angry.
But now you can be angry about being angry. Problem solved!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29500 on: November 16, 2013, 10:13:31 am »

Heehee hoho haha. Heuristics are a wonderful thing. Means that one person can track and monitor hundreds to thousands of other individuals with relatively little effort. Among all those other things that act as massive multipliers on how effective surveillance manpower can be.

Seriously, we've got to get used to the fact we're in a world where multiple organizations do have the resources to "stalk" hundreds of thousands to millions of people, especially in whatever said particular organization's primary area of interest is. We have both the technology and the methodology already, both are improving by the day and... that's really all there is to it.

Multiple governments can, could, do. Multiple corporations (hello, google!) can, could, do. It's a solved problem, and efficiency is increasing.
On the other hand, small groups of civilians are now developing the ability to monitor governments and corporations with similar ease.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29501 on: November 16, 2013, 10:16:40 am »

On the other hand, small groups of civilians are now developing the ability to monitor governments and corporations with similar ease.
Will this lead to global brotherhood or nuclear war? Or will everything stay basically the same? TAKING ALL BETS!

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29502 on: November 16, 2013, 10:19:03 am »

Will this lead to global brotherhood or nuclear war? Or will everything stay basically the same? TAKING ALL BETS!
My two cents are on the third one.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29503 on: November 16, 2013, 12:04:07 pm »

Another crappy week. Tuesday, the display case for the Snapple drinks went on the fritz, causing about 10% of them freeze and shatter. I cut my fingers three times on the broken glass while cleaning it. Wednesday, I was asked to do bust my ass off getting everything done so the bitch afternoon supervisor, who was supposedly shorthanded, would be "in a good mood" because of it. She shows her "good mood" the next day by making a scene of showing me the "proper method" of cutting rolls(a lecture I've already had, thankyouverymuch) and apparently also complained that the legs of the dishwashing machine and its attached tables were dirty. I had to clean those yesterday, which accomplished precisely nothing.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29504 on: November 16, 2013, 02:42:37 pm »

I could be more unreasonably angry about the ending of Korra, but only just.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 1965 1966 [1967] 1968 1969 ... 3345