Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1964 1965 [1966] 1967 1968 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691243 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #29475 on: November 15, 2013, 06:59:19 pm »

Was running a dungeon on an MMO.  Windows came up with a message saying that it WILL update in 30 minutes.  Basically wether I like it or not.  I closed the window and it came up again saying I have 5 minutes left.
I hit ctrl alt delete went to services and stopped the windows update service.   Your move windows.

Makes me angry though that something I own is presuming to tell me when I am going to restart the computer instead of the other way around.  If I was an average user and didn't know how to tell windows to sit down and shut up, I would have been even more pissed than I am now.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29476 on: November 15, 2013, 07:09:17 pm »

I'm really just wanting a way to learn both sides without glaring bias.

I get told creationism is right all the time, I at least want to be able to learn what evolution is without having to supplement it with online sources on my own time.
Not all sides are created equal. And on this subject, the sides presented are very, very unequal indeed.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29477 on: November 15, 2013, 07:21:14 pm »

This is why you disable auto-installation of updates, greiger. It can check for updates all it wants on here, but they aren't happening until I decide.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29478 on: November 15, 2013, 07:58:16 pm »

Words cannot describe how annoyed I am right now. Instead I'm going to eat something and see if that helps.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29479 on: November 15, 2013, 08:03:44 pm »

Words cannot describe how annoyed I am right now. Instead I'm going to eat something and see if that helps.

For anger you generally want something that won't make you sick, but that you can eat a lot of.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29480 on: November 15, 2013, 08:05:14 pm »

For anger you generally want something that won't make you sick, but that you can eat a lot of.
Popcorn? Popcorn is great at being edible in huge amounts, since it has pretty much no anything content.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29481 on: November 15, 2013, 08:06:42 pm »

Popcorn? Popcorn is great at being edible in huge amounts, since it has pretty much no anything content.

Yeah, perfect!

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29482 on: November 15, 2013, 08:14:24 pm »

Don't have popcorn and I eat a lot as it is because of other reasons.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29483 on: November 15, 2013, 08:19:28 pm »

Don't have popcorn and I eat a lot as it is because of other reasons.
I'd recommend fruit, but a lot of fruit gives you the shits.

Like Grapes.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29484 on: November 15, 2013, 08:24:05 pm »

Personally, I recommend raw crunchy vegetables. Carrots and lettuce both work well.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29485 on: November 15, 2013, 08:27:18 pm »

Body rejects most forms of raw plant matter due to a hypersensitive gag reflex caused by my having both Tourette's Syndrome and Asperger's. Besides, the pizza is done and I'm starting to figure out how to phrase why I am annoyed.

It's Friday night and I have nothing to do. Sure, it's like this every Friday night but I've got the urge to go out and do something or perhaps play video games with someone. Yet neither are doable because no one wants to play games with me and the only things to do where I live on a Friday night are party, get laid, get high, steal a bike or stab someone to death. Don't have the money to do anything anyways, which presents another problem I am annoyed with, one I will get into another time. All I know right now is I'm tempted to whore myself out on /soc/ and risk getting doxed just to have some kind of fun tonight.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29486 on: November 15, 2013, 08:43:43 pm »

I've never, in all my days, heard of someone who cannot eat plant matter due to Asperger's and/or Tourette's. Not saying it isn't true, it's just... I can't see how, barring your tic being gagging.
I can eat processed plant matter but the texture of raw plant matter makes me gag and retch it up. So do other food-related textures. Got to eat specific things, wear specific things, touch specific things, all because of how textures affect me. I have a hard time wearing denim for example but I'm fine with cotton-polyester blends. Also have to wash my feet and hands religiously and brush my hair a certain way.

Don't get me started on light and sound. I'll say this now, I'm near-blind in bright sunlight and unable to distinguish sounds when there are perhaps more than one or two different kinds of noise in my environment. Hypersensitivity and sensory input problems are hell, especially when you live in an urban environment and thus the only time it's safe for your nervous system to go outside without fear of being overwhelmed is the same time the homeless are starting fires and both the crackheads and the gangbangers want your money.

I don't wonder why I'm a shut-in, but I kind of want that to change so I can maybe have some semblance of a social life. There just aren't the right opportunities for me to do that either because of money, sensory input or current social connection reasons. Damned if I do, damned if I don't, and pretty much unable to do so I'm damned either way.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29487 on: November 15, 2013, 08:51:50 pm »

That doesn't do me much good. I don't know any of you offline.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29488 on: November 15, 2013, 08:52:44 pm »

If it's a sensory issue, then Asperger's seems like a viable explanation (though while I am neither trying to offend nor a license psycholog-/chiatrist, your exact symptoms sound more like more-severe autism).

Tourette's doesn't really add any additional viability to the 'splanation, given that you never hinted at it being a tic sort of thing.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29489 on: November 15, 2013, 08:54:28 pm »

I have an inexplicable hatred of lettuce due to its texture, though I can force myself to eat it.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1964 1965 [1966] 1967 1968 ... 3345