Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1955 1956 [1957] 1958 1959 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693563 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #29340 on: November 12, 2013, 06:44:12 pm »

Being obnoxious isn't my nature. I'll just cut their throats speaker cables while they sleep, the polite option.
Fixed (???)
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29341 on: November 12, 2013, 07:03:50 pm »

So, last night my iPad decided to play a loud notification at three in the morning, waking me up. The notification was a generic "you haven't played this game for a few days, play it now" one.

I would turn sound for notifications off, but they use the same sound option as my alarm (???) so I can't.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #29342 on: November 12, 2013, 07:06:40 pm »

So, last night my iPad decided to play a loud notification at three in the morning, waking me up. The notification was a generic "you haven't played this game for a few days, play it now" one.

I would turn sound for notifications off, but they use the same sound option as my alarm (???) so I can't.
You can disable notifications per app though.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29343 on: November 12, 2013, 07:10:30 pm »

Religious Yahoo! answers.

I feel like I need a shower, and I swear to god I began to feel nauseous just reading them...

Generally, Y!A has at least a modicum of intelligence, but not there...

There are good religious answers that can be given.

I mean no one bashes religion over the head for their Golden Rule.

Though what was it Crazy Religious people or Crazy Religion Bashers?

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29344 on: November 12, 2013, 07:10:42 pm »

You can disable notifications per app though.
I know, but that requires effort, and some apps occasionally are a pain but have somewhat useful notifications. I just wish I could rig it so notifications have no sound after 9 PM or something. I would use Do Not Disturb, but I'm not sure if that mutes the alarm or not.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29345 on: November 12, 2013, 07:13:27 pm »

Just focus on the fact that by the time you die, they and their viewpoint will have ceased to have any relevance to our world.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29346 on: November 12, 2013, 07:15:14 pm »

Assuming they weren't plain trolls...

In my experience people tend to avoid posts with crazy religious people because of a mix of both
a) You don't want to be near crazy people.
b) It is hard to argue against sensitive issues a lot of the time without seeming like you are putting someone down.

It is sort of the #1 rule: Never bring up politics or religion at a party.

So what this means is you are stuck in a room of crazy people where the rule of thumb is that if you mention their insanity you are being insensitive.

Wow... that actually sounds nightmarish.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29347 on: November 12, 2013, 07:24:38 pm »

WHY ARE THERE PEOPLE WITH THE BRAINS OF A GOLDFISH SAYING SO MANY PEOPLE I LIKE ARE MORONS AND DESERVE TO DIE BECAUSE WE DON'T BELIEVE WHAT THEY DO!?'

Ahh, then you start going into the irony of the Religion Bashers.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29348 on: November 12, 2013, 07:57:48 pm »

Miss every possible opportunity to hang out with my friends at school after a three-day weekend. Found out my travel mug leaks profusely by having it spill all over my pants and shirt. Burnt the shit out of my left thumb on a pan, can't move it or touch anything with it for pain.

Fuck man, I just wanted to come home, play video games and go back to bed. :(
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29349 on: November 13, 2013, 01:41:56 am »

There was a woman at the cash register who bought a lottery ticket, scratched it out, then used the winnings to buy another ticket, scratched it, and so on until their wallet was empty, while I stood waiting to pay for over fifteen minutes.
That right there is an addiction. Rough things.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29350 on: November 13, 2013, 01:57:05 am »

but I know the response I'll get is a wanking gesture and a sarcastic "waaaah," so there's just no point.
Don't give him the chance. Just choke him until he's unconscious and leave him in an alley somewhere.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29351 on: November 13, 2013, 01:58:18 am »

but I know the response I'll get is a wanking gesture and a sarcastic "waaaah," so there's just no point.
Don't give him the chance. Just choke him until he's unconscious and leave him in an alley somewhere.
I didn't click Naxza's link to see what the context to this was, but clearly it's the best solution.

EDIT: Just read the context. Yep, this is the best solution.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 02:00:52 am by mastahcheese »
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #29352 on: November 13, 2013, 02:29:58 am »

There was a woman at the cash register who bought a lottery ticket, scratched it out, then used the winnings to buy another ticket, scratched it, and so on until their wallet was empty, while I stood waiting to pay for over fifteen minutes.
That right there is an addiction. Rough things.

My mom did that one time. I don't remember exactly how late it was, but it was definitely past 10. I was sitting in the car for what felt like half an hour while she kept going into the store to buy more tickets. I had to get out and start walking before she finally agreed to leave.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Stuebi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29353 on: November 13, 2013, 04:09:46 am »

-snip-

*sigh* I know the type. We are 6 people in total in our Techie-Office, and one of the Guys not only hits on every cute woman that enters our office, he will also sabotage any work that has been previously done for the lady in question. Also, he tends to have the same response to my attempts on telling him to stop this childish behavior. Basically, i just stopped caring, and I recommend you do that too. Just let him stand there and fail next time while you leave. There is no reason to reward his shitty behavior by resolving the issue for him, just so he can hug all the gratittude.

Alternatively, if it gets really obnoxious, try a serious conversation anyway. Voice your concerns. Its never a good idea to just suck it up for a person who doesnt deserve it in the first place.

Im currently standing outside the trainstation near my workplace. Thanks to a grandma in my coffeeshop who INSISTED to use coupons she found in a drawer somewhere i missed my train and can now wait for 50 minutes while freezing my butt off. For 20 minutes, those 20 minutes being spent not listening to the girl behind the counter who pointed out that those coupons were old enough to be sold as Relics to the local "shit noone cares about-Museum", she just stood there drooling on the floor. I estimated it would take slightly longer to explain a fork inside her forehead to the police than it would take waiting for the next train, so i just stood there and took it. It didnt help that outside of the store a group of moms were driving their spawn around, in a line thats JUST taking up so much space that you cant run past, and instead have to squeeze yourself trough awkwardly, earning mean looks. What is it with people deciding that the timeframe between 9 and 10 is the IDEAL moment to go shopping and thus being in the way of EVERYBODY. Seriously. If they had like half an hour patience, the city is nearly empty around half past 10, because everyone is either at work or in school. But no, grandma has to use those coupons NOW, and Miranda, the proud single-mom has to drive around her little Luzifer NOW.

I swear, one of these days i will take the Bulldozer to work. With spikes on the front.
English isnt my mother language, so feel free to correct me if I make a mistake in my post.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29354 on: November 13, 2013, 04:29:59 am »

i have the oddest feeling that you need more cute things in your life. consider immersing yourself in some! they make the shittiness of your meatspace experiences go away.
Pages: 1 ... 1955 1956 [1957] 1958 1959 ... 3345