Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1951 1952 [1953] 1954 1955 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3694243 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #29280 on: November 09, 2013, 10:28:42 pm »

Open 100 tabs of puppy images and go to sleep. Wait. Laugh.
No, jumpscares. Hundreds and hundreds of jumpscares.
99 puppies and 1 jump scare at position #72.
And a shock image at #49.
One hundred empty tabs.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29281 on: November 10, 2013, 10:52:42 am »

If there's gonna be 100 open tabs, it'd be TVtropes tabs.
Perfect. She'd be stuck there forever, trapped in the singularity that is TVTropes :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Vattic

• Bay Watcher
  • bibo ergo sum
    • View Profile
« Reply #29282 on: November 10, 2013, 11:47:40 am »

Perfect. She'd be stuck there forever, trapped in the singularity that is TVTropes :P
But he'd never get his computer back.
6 out of 7 dwarves aren't Happy.
How To Generate Small Islands

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29283 on: November 10, 2013, 12:07:45 pm »

At this point it sounds like it'd be easier to get a new computer, honestly.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29284 on: November 10, 2013, 03:30:01 pm »

* da_nang works in Creation Kit for ~1 hour
*Creation Kit has encountered a problem and needs to close*
FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

MY DIALOGUE IS ALL GONE
IT WILL NEVER BE THE SAME
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #29285 on: November 10, 2013, 04:03:01 pm »

I've been asked by my brother for help on a math problem (find a tangent to a given function that passes through a given point), and he has the unfortunate tendency to nod and say "okay" regardless of whether he understood anything I just said or not. Worse is that, since recently, when I explicitly ask him later whether he understood anything, he now always says "yes" instead of admitting he didn't listen, even though I can see his eyes glaze over every fucking moment I inhale to begin explaining something, and he is utterly unable to solve the same problem when I change a single number of it. Note that I have absolutely no lack of explanatory capabilities, it's simply that he just switches his brain off every time I begin talking. So after I solved a problem for him and he said thanks and left, he immediately went to our mother and asked her for the solution to the same problem, which I ended up having to explain to her as well, and then to my brother a second time. In the process of doing that, I found out the exact part where he had problems, namely that he has no single clue what a function is and how it works, which is a truly horrible lack of knowledge, especially considering that study of functions was the main topic of his math class for the last half a fucking year. Now I wanted to fix this lack of knowledge by explaining to him how a function works, and I began this by saying "Let me explain to you how a function works". He told me that he knew that already, but if so, he wouldn't have gotten stuck where he got stuck (he was given f(x) := x²-3, but he had no idea how to find out what f(u) was). So I explained to him that he didn't know that and proceeded to inhale for an explanation, when he (figuratively) stuck his fingers in his ears and said "LA LA I DON'T WANT TO KNOW THAT BECAUSE YOU'RE ONLY GOING TO CONFUSE ME", even though it's literally just "replace all x's in the definition with the given argument", which can further be simplified like this with the help of an index finger and a sheet of paper. My mother overheard that and told me that I needed to explain to him how that step works without explaining how a function works, which you may realize to be impossible (since that step is in fact function application) as well as counterproductive (since he actually needs to know how a function works). I proceeded to state exactly that multiple times, but nobody believed me, my brother used that as an excuse to get mad at me (which itself is an excuse to not have to listen to me anymore) and my mother (who is normally very logical, reasonable and math-savvy) started crying, which made my stepfather (who mentally operates only on the emotional plane, kinda like how a dog doesn't know what you're talking about, yet gets totally upset when someone is sad) look at me like I was the biggest asshole that had ever disgraced his field of vision. Then we had dinner, and the level of uncomfortability at the table was friggin' tangible.

Dammit people, why won't you let me educate you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #29286 on: November 10, 2013, 04:08:55 pm »

Apply function directly to the forehead. Education must be mandatory.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29287 on: November 10, 2013, 04:44:12 pm »

Apply function directly to the forehead. Education must be mandatory.
If they don't give a fuck, then it won't matter.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29288 on: November 10, 2013, 05:20:49 pm »

Trap mother on TV Tropes for all eternity, buy own new computer in meantime. Genius.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29289 on: November 10, 2013, 05:48:03 pm »

Trap mother on TV Tropes for all eternity, buy own new computer in meantime. Genius.
Use said new computer to add more things to TVTropes.
This has turned into a science-fiction short story.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #29290 on: November 10, 2013, 05:48:37 pm »

You am go too far!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29291 on: November 10, 2013, 06:44:31 pm »

Finally got promoted to cadet senior chief petty officer in NJROTC.  I get to wear my service dress blues for the first time tomorrow.  I spend several hours getting it nice and pretty.   I also spend several hours cleaning the house.   So after a long weekend of being on my feet, I finally get to lay down.  All I have to do is put my insignias on the jacket.   Oh, wait?  What's that?  No name tag?  Cue several hours of tearing apart the perfectly cleaned house, all for vain.   I undid every last bit of cleaning I did, having a perfect uniform is for naught without pieces of it missing, and it's going to be at least another two weeks before I can get a new name tag.   And before those two weeks are up I have to wear my uniform five times for various events.   

To add to this my internet has been mostly non-functional since Thursday.   And the few times it's been working, like right now, it's slow slow that I don't even know how I can use the forums.  I can't even go to google to look up how to put my uniform together, so I'm forced to rely on these crappy field manuals that I downloaded just in case of such an event.   I'm also unable to even have the ability to watch videos or listen to music while doing all this.   
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 06:49:35 pm by Lightningfalcon »
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #29292 on: November 10, 2013, 06:58:10 pm »

Perhaps you left it at wherever you do your activities?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29293 on: November 10, 2013, 07:02:57 pm »

Perhaps you left it at wherever you do your activities?
I take it off with the rest of my insignia, so it should be where it always is.   I can't even try to backtrack anyways because the last time I wore it was two weeks ago, since we didn't have to wear our uniforms last week.   
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #29294 on: November 10, 2013, 09:03:39 pm »

My theater teacher rustled the fuck out of my jimmies the other day, and it is still bothering me.

Also FUCK YOU TERM PAPER I FUCKING DESPISE YOU.

This is a term paper assigned by the same theater teacher who's been fucking me over the past week and a half it's been assigned by giving me four hour practices.

At least OAP season is FINALLY FUCKING OOOOVER.
Pages: 1 ... 1951 1952 [1953] 1954 1955 ... 3345