Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1945 1946 [1947] 1948 1949 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3695607 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #29190 on: November 08, 2013, 02:55:11 am »

Also: Hydrogen Peroxide is really unstable. Well, duh, it's kinda the point, when you splash it on your wounds, but if you store it, it has a very short half-life, quickly becoming useless, slightly fizzy water.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #29191 on: November 08, 2013, 03:12:56 am »

... what do you count as "very short"? Because I've had functional peroxide that was... several years old. More than once. Acted mostly the same as normal peroxide, iirc. I've also never seen someone replace a bottle because it went... flat? Or whatever. Maybe once every three to five years for a new batch, because the old one ran out, for a family of 2-3? Never heard of it going bad or whatev'.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #29192 on: November 08, 2013, 03:31:35 am »

It'll decompose pretty quickly if exposed to light. That's why we keep it in dark brown bottles in dark cupboards.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29193 on: November 08, 2013, 07:13:09 pm »

Damnit, forum downtime, you made me forget what I was angry about today!

Though given my current trend of comments, it was likely related to my school projects.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29194 on: November 08, 2013, 07:18:07 pm »

Also: Hydrogen Peroxide is really unstable. Well, duh, it's kinda the point, when you splash it on your wounds, but if you store it, it has a very short half-life, quickly becoming useless, slightly fizzy water.
To quote the great Gaffigan, I'm no chemist, but I think half-life refers specifically to radioactive decay, not decay due to chemical processes.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29195 on: November 08, 2013, 07:19:48 pm »

Half life, shelf life, they sound sorta similar.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29196 on: November 08, 2013, 07:21:04 pm »

To quote the great Gaffigan, I'm no chemist, but I think half-life refers specifically to radioactive decay, not decay due to chemical processes.
I have a stronger-than-random feeling that half-life is not exclusively to describe radioactive decay.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #29197 on: November 08, 2013, 07:36:06 pm »

I have a stronger-than-random feeling that half-life is not exclusively to describe radioactive decay.

Half-life is the time it takes for half the sample to decay. Nothing else. It is often used in the context of nuclear reactions, but can be used for whatever you want.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29198 on: November 08, 2013, 07:43:44 pm »

The YouTube update broke Keepvid. God dammit.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29199 on: November 08, 2013, 07:43:44 pm »

GODDAMNIT WHY DO PEOPLE BRING THEIR SCREAMING BABIES OUT IN PUBLIC TO TORMENT ME DEAR GODS WHY
JUST DIE

DIEEEE
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29200 on: November 08, 2013, 07:53:42 pm »

Youtube. I get ads on videos even with AdBlock Plus. If the video ends, I can't replay it without refreshing the page. Both of these nuisances sprung up today.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29201 on: November 08, 2013, 08:00:03 pm »

GODDAMNIT WHY DO PEOPLE BRING THEIR SCREAMING BABIES OUT IN PUBLIC TO TORMENT ME DEAR GODS WHY
JUST DIE

DIEEEE
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^TTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHHHHHIIIIIIIIIIIIIISSSSSSSSSSSSSS
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29202 on: November 08, 2013, 08:04:47 pm »

Half-life is the time it takes for half the sample to decay. Nothing else. It is often used in the context of nuclear reactions, but can be used for whatever you want.
Oh really?

Well that's interesting.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29203 on: November 08, 2013, 08:08:13 pm »

Youtube. I get ads on videos even with AdBlock Plus. If the video ends, I can't replay it without refreshing the page. Both of these nuisances sprung up today.
I seem to remember reading somewhere something about people paying for adblock to not block their ads. Meaning that, so long as they have the money, adblock will not block their ads.

Not had that effect on me, though. If it's true, noscript's probably blocking the ads anyways.
Adblock does not make the blocklists though. It just runs them.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29204 on: November 08, 2013, 08:10:38 pm »

Oh really?

Well that's interesting.
Yes, although if my understanding of basic chemistry is correct, any given chemical sample will have a different half life according to conditions of temperature, chemical ratios, and other conditions.

Also Hydrogen Peroxide turns to water when exposed to light, if you leave the bottle out it will decay pretty fast, if you keep it in a cupboard, it can last for years. I don't know why it does this, it just does.
Pages: 1 ... 1945 1946 [1947] 1948 1949 ... 3345