Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1937 1938 [1939] 1940 1941 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3702524 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: FLAC That Edition
« Reply #29070 on: November 05, 2013, 11:24:06 am »

F-- my Polish teacher.
DO YOU SERIOUSLY EXPECT THE MY ENTIRE CLASS TO PRESENT 3-minute-long SPEECHES, MA'AM?

Why must all my Polish teachers be such...
I don't want to say "assholes", since it would be inappropriate + wouldn't be right regardless.

In my entire life I've had one remotely decent Polish language teacher. And he was a substitute teacher. (granted he teached us for whole three years, but still)

Most likely, because you will have to present a ~10 minute speech on Matura.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #29071 on: November 05, 2013, 11:27:12 am »

Decided to finally watch the movie of my childhood show, 'Avatar: The last Airbender'
I am going to kill the director for THIS BLOODY MESS, EVERYTHING IS JUST AWFUL IN THIS MOVIE

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
I never watched that movie. I wanted to, but there was something about it that made me say "This is not the movie I'm looking for..."

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #29072 on: November 05, 2013, 11:37:31 am »

We had to talk for... two or three minutes in our French oral exam.

Majority of it is people going 'uhh... umm...' and such because they're trying to remember the stuff to say.

No, see, it's the very finallest set of exams, determining your university admittance points, and it is in your native language. So, naturally, the demands are somewhat higher.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #29073 on: November 05, 2013, 12:37:13 pm »

If that's the case... only three minutes? I'd have expected longer.

Please note that if it was a joke, tone of voice isn't transmitted through the tubes.

No, the exam one is ten minutes of prepared material plus five-ish of responding to questions, it's three minutes now because baby steps.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29074 on: November 05, 2013, 05:14:03 pm »

Same system, I believe.
To the best of my knowledge Matura is a Poland-only thing, at least in this exact form.

Going to the same school with a forummate, now that would be weird.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #29075 on: November 05, 2013, 05:16:02 pm »

Same system, I believe.
To the best of my knowledge Matura is a Poland-only thing, at least in this exact form.

Not going to happen, since I'm two years older and thus currently a university student. Although IIRC Dark lives in Krakow, meaning we live in the same city since September.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29076 on: November 05, 2013, 05:22:44 pm »

Same system, I believe.

Not going to happen, since I'm two years older and thus currently a university student. Although IIRC Dark lives in Krakow, meaning we live in the same city since September.

Excuse-moi? (not learning French btw)
Where did you get that info about me living in Kraków from?

If anything I live closer to Katowice and even then it's like 30-some kilometers from here.
So unless we meet at some sort of convention I doubt anything is going to happen.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #29077 on: November 05, 2013, 05:27:25 pm »

Same system, I believe.

Excuse-moi? (not learning French btw)
Where did you get that info about me living in Kraków from?

If anything I live closer to Katowice and even then it's like 30-some kilometers from here.
So unless we meet at some sort of convention I doubt anything is going to happen.

Oh, must've mixed you up with some other forum member hailing from Poland. The International Thread, IIRC, is the source, would have to re-check.

Mesa

• Bay Watcher
  • Call me River.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29078 on: November 05, 2013, 05:31:56 pm »

Alas, it shows that us Poles have interest in Dorf Fort.
The lower boards, anyway. I hardly ever see any Polaks in the DF sections; then again, there aren't many opportunities for that kind of information to be of any significant relevance.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #29079 on: November 05, 2013, 05:42:18 pm »

OCD/Minor rage: Computer Network teacher mixes between decimal and binary prefixes haphazardly and ambiguously.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #29080 on: November 05, 2013, 06:46:51 pm »

Oi....accountants. For people whose jobs it is to know their numbers, they sure do seem unwilling to go beyond "It's wrong!" before calling me and asking me to total out and explain 6 months worth of business.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Karkov

• Bay Watcher
  • There's been a distinct lack of Praisin' recently.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29081 on: November 05, 2013, 07:25:21 pm »

OCD/Minor rage: Computer Network teacher mixes between decimal and binary prefixes haphazardly and ambiguously.
Your computer networking teacher is some sort of bastard then, that's almost like switching from Empirical to Metric on the fly...  Why would you do such a thing?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29082 on: November 05, 2013, 08:06:14 pm »

So I let my partners do the editing of our project. We sent a copy to the teacher to proof-read.

She's complaining of terrible grammar. Of course, I can't say too much about my opinions on the wording, since I'm outnumbered 2-1 in the group. As I mentioned before, I'm not too fond of their grammar.

My grammar isn't bad, is it? I always get the feeling that I'm misusing commas.

Also, the teacher is inventing new portions to the project as it goes along, including things that aren't even on our project outline. Which makes the entire outline unreliable since it is not being changed as new things are made up.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29083 on: November 05, 2013, 08:14:03 pm »

WHY ARE YOU PUTTING UP CHRISTMAS DECORATIONS IN GODDAMN OCTOBER?!
If you live in New York long enough, you see back to school supplies sales in June, Christmas stuff in Early October, Valentine's day in December, until you just don't, care, anymore.
No his name is "my wife says".

:P

yeswegetityou'remarriedwhoopdedoo <3
You just jelly.
Normally, I would be.

But girlfriend.

But I miss her. :(
Since I am alone and dressed as the Joker I feel it only fitting to laugh at this derangedly. Why are you apart again?
We don't live in the same town. She's a 10-hour train ride away.

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #29084 on: November 05, 2013, 08:15:22 pm »

So I let my partners do the editing of our project. We sent a copy to the teacher to proof-read.

She's complaining of terrible grammar. Of course, I can't say too much about my opinions on the wording, since I'm outnumbered 2-1 in the group. As I mentioned before, I'm not too fond of their grammar.

My grammar isn't bad, is it? I always get the feeling that I'm misusing commas.

Also, the teacher is inventing new portions to the project as it goes along, including things that aren't even on our project outline. Which makes the entire outline unreliable since it is not being changed as new things are made up.

You do use commas quite a lot (as do I!), but you're not using them incorrectly. Your grammar seems just fine. :)
Pages: 1 ... 1937 1938 [1939] 1940 1941 ... 3345