Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1918 1919 [1920] 1921 1922 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693741 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Song of Sigs Edition
« Reply #28785 on: October 25, 2013, 12:18:44 pm »

You mean the ones I shifted to inside Descan? Good luck with that.
Wait, what?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28786 on: October 25, 2013, 12:34:34 pm »

-snip-
That's... a highly entertaining idea, though you should keep an eye on them while they're tripping. Have you considered spraying Salvia extract onto their weed? That would make discovering the swap before it's too late harder.
On legality: Salvia sales are prohibited. Possession (and buying) appears to be legal., and the law might not apply to Salvia extract. Order some from out of state?

On enhancing effectiveness: If you're feeling truly evil, slip them some Datura. That stuff just might be the most terrifying drug out there.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28787 on: October 25, 2013, 01:17:21 pm »

Wait, what?
Just ignore any clanking in your left calf and you'll be fine.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28788 on: October 25, 2013, 01:40:12 pm »

Wait, what?
What if it cramps?
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28789 on: October 25, 2013, 01:40:48 pm »

Wait, what?
What if it cramps?

expect rent increases

SethCreiyd

• Bay Watcher
  • [VESPERTINE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28790 on: October 25, 2013, 01:52:29 pm »

-snip-
That's... a highly entertaining idea, though you should keep an eye on them while they're tripping. Have you considered spraying Salvia extract onto their weed? That would make discovering the swap before it's too late harder.
On legality: Salvia sales are prohibited. Possession (and buying) appears to be legal., and the law might not apply to Salvia extract. Order some from out of state?

On enhancing effectiveness: If you're feeling truly evil, slip them some Datura. That stuff just might be the most terrifying drug out there.

What a clever prank, poisoning someone with a mind-altering substance, terrifying and making them unable to reason, or think they're losing their mind and possibly hurting themselves or others.  It's also a felony.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #28791 on: October 25, 2013, 01:55:34 pm »

-snip-

What a clever prank, poisoning someone with a mind-altering substance, terrifying and making them unable to reason, or think they're losing their mind and possibly hurting themselves or others.  It's also a felony.
It's also hilarious.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #28792 on: October 25, 2013, 02:52:28 pm »

I've actually kinda' been curious as to cases like that -- when someone decides turning someone else in is worth admitting to illegal actions (at least assuming weed's illegal in Akura's area. It's still pretty safe to assume it mostly is, in the states.). It'd be interesting to see what sort of data there is on the subject.

I mean, I know it happens from time to time, but frequency, reasoning... that sort of stuff. How often someone admits to a crime with a higher punishment in order to drop someone.

E: Though I'm aware it's somewhat(?) regular for commuted sentencing and whatnot. Not talking about that.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2013, 02:54:45 pm by Frumple »
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28793 on: October 25, 2013, 07:20:37 pm »

-snip-

If you're actually going to do it, you should do it right. That having been said, you should not do it. Thus the purpose of my post was exploring the purely theoretical implications of someone being willing to do such a thing.

Also, what's with the Clinton link?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28794 on: October 26, 2013, 03:16:56 am »

Motherf-

The cat chew through my one-month-old headphones at night. The omen continues.  >:(
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #28795 on: October 26, 2013, 05:31:05 am »

in Korea, there is a very big portal site named Naver. 99% of South Korea's internet users visit it at least once a day. It has its cloud drive service called NDrive.

The problem? It prohibits you from uploading files with an extension of .mp3, because of "copyright issues". How stupid.

It also peeks inside compressed file archives to see if any file inside has a mp3 extension.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 05:36:28 am by Skyrunner »

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #28796 on: October 26, 2013, 05:45:36 am »

"You want to upload an .mp3 file? NAVER!"

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28797 on: October 26, 2013, 05:59:54 am »

Well then just change the file extension.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28798 on: October 26, 2013, 06:00:33 am »

in Korea, there is a very big portal site named Naver. 99% of South Korea's internet users visit it at least once a day. It has its cloud drive service called NDrive.

The problem? It prohibits you from uploading files with an extension of .mp3, because of "copyright issues". How stupid.

It also peeks inside compressed file archives to see if any file inside has a mp3 extension.
What about .wav?
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28799 on: October 26, 2013, 06:29:40 am »

Well then just change the file extension.

That's an idea. Couldn't you just change it from .mp3 to, say, .nope and include a Readme mentioning to turn it back to .mp3?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 1918 1919 [1920] 1921 1922 ... 3345