Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1889 1890 [1891] 1892 1893 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691782 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Maximum Pedantry Edition
« Reply #28350 on: October 14, 2013, 10:16:18 pm »

This is a college dorm, there are no water sources in this room.
Wait, are you in one of those dorms with communal showers and bathrooms?

In any case, that's the most familiar source of that sound for me as well. It might not even be from faucets if there are pipes in the walls near your room; the plumbing around here is ancient and we hear a variety of squeals, creaks, and groans all the time.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28351 on: October 14, 2013, 10:19:33 pm »

Those dorms are the only dorms there really are, FD. There are two or three dorms on campus with bathrooms in the rooms, but those are the most luxurious and mostly only inhabited by upperclassmen.
In any case, that's the most familiar source of that sound for me as well. It might not even be from faucets if there are pipes in the walls near your room; the plumbing around here is ancient and we hear a variety of squeals, creaks, and groans all the time.
It only started happening today.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28352 on: October 14, 2013, 10:28:30 pm »

Those dorms are the only dorms there really are, FD. There are two or three dorms on campus with bathrooms in the rooms, but those are the most luxurious and mostly only inhabited by upperclassmen.
It only started happening today.
Eh, if it isn't plumbing, it's probably something electronic, as suggested earlier. G'luck locating it. :x

On the other note, yikes. I'm in the crappiest building on campus (not coincidentally also the cheapest), it's pretty much the opposite here. Of course the suite bathrooms are made up for by the fact that everything is 50-60 years old, the showerheads are about 5'6" off the floor, and a toilet or two cracks every year.

3. Run Resize Enable

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #28353 on: October 15, 2013, 07:53:19 am »

Dorms sound so horrible...

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28354 on: October 15, 2013, 08:04:37 am »

I loved living in dorms, they are the best.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28355 on: October 15, 2013, 08:07:39 am »

Looking at this forum every day gives me more reasons why I shouldn't want to go to college, :P
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28356 on: October 15, 2013, 08:12:55 am »

I'm in study hall right now. All I can hear is "ERMAHGERD SNAPCHAT SNAPCHAT SNAPCHAT HNNNNNG!".

Unfortunately I don't give a damn about snapchat. To me snapchat just seems like another outlet for young, narcissistic people to express themselves. And if one more person asks me to download it I'm going to take out my RAEG Katana and start slicing people with it.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28357 on: October 15, 2013, 08:36:02 am »

Looking at this forum every day gives me more reasons why I shouldn't want to go to college, :P

Just to make it clear, in spite of my incessant complaining, it's still pretty awesome. It's also funny seeing all the 20-somethings who don't know how to run a load of laundry.

3. Run Resize Enable

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28358 on: October 15, 2013, 08:37:31 am »

Just to make it clear, in spite of my incessant complaining, it's still pretty awesome. It's also funny seeing all the 20-somethings who don't know how to run a load of laundry.
And here I thought I was sheltered :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #28359 on: October 15, 2013, 09:12:01 am »

Oh dear, you non-college people. Stop worrying over what we post to worry about! XD

Look, Dorms are different in every place. There are those ol' "antique"-style ones which you probably don't wanna go to and there are those which people inhabit and don't complain about--the latter is the one you're not seeing us post.

It's like a large home. Wherein you'll either value (or hate) your roommate. Because there's mostly always a roommate unless the dorm has single-room-per-person rooms.
...Though i could go on and tell loquacious horror stories about dorms..why not. It's not like there aren't any.

* Tiruin high-fives Sirus.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #28360 on: October 15, 2013, 09:18:02 am »

No matter how shitty your dorms are, you probably would run away and nuke from the orbit a dorm in a post-Soviet country. Due to assorted bad design decisions, even the dorm full of neat freaks would be intimately acquainted with assorted many-legged, antennae'd creatures of various sizes, and college students being college students doesn't help matters.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28361 on: October 15, 2013, 09:19:22 am »

* Sirus returns Tiruin's high-five
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #28362 on: October 15, 2013, 09:28:23 am »

Soccer
I fucking hate soccer. I don't care if you want or like to have a ball kicked into your face or nuts repeatedly, but I don't. I also suck at soccer, which makes it even more frustrating.

As if that wasn't enough, soccer is the most popular sport for boys my age, so people that suck at it are generally laughed at.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #28363 on: October 15, 2013, 09:36:01 am »

Soccer
I fucking hate soccer. I don't care if you want or like to have a ball kicked into your face or nuts repeatedly, but I don't. I also suck at soccer, which makes it even more frustrating.

As if that wasn't enough, soccer is the most popular sport for boys my age, so people that suck at it are generally laughed at.

This. So fucking much. I never like to play or watch it, and in fact nobody even bothered to explain all the rules to me because they assumed that my genitals give me instinctive understanding of them.

In fact, my university has mandatory PE, although there are options to pick from, the default group for my year and major is fucking soccer. All the fucking year. On a stadium half the city away, on the other side of a goddamn river, as a bonus.

So yeah, thanks but no thanks.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28364 on: October 15, 2013, 09:39:36 am »

Soccer

Replace soccer with football('Murican) and you know what I feel :P
Pages: 1 ... 1889 1890 [1891] 1892 1893 ... 3345