Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1884 1885 [1886] 1887 1888 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692482 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Maximum Pedantry Edition
« Reply #28275 on: October 12, 2013, 08:40:18 pm »

Fuck!

Silent Hill Downpour.

Why you no put flashlight in a more obvious place.

Now all I have is a zippo lighter...

Good thing though is that I won't scare myself with it like in SH2.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28276 on: October 12, 2013, 08:48:07 pm »

Fish. For the foreseeable future, I have an intense hatred for fish, and fish smells. The salmon are running up the river for spawning season, and then dying. Now their corpses are stinking up the length of the river and guess who has to don some shitty rubber boots(note to self: bring own boots next time) and dispose of them? Me. I must have gotten at least thirty fish in two hours. Now, usually the stench isn't so bad, but most of the corpses have been around for two weeks, so I could taste it. I still taste it three hours later. Haaaate. Plus it has to be the weekend too, so everyone and their mother is walking around watching me slosh around the river picking up fish corpses so rotten all they are are skin bags with liquified fish innards inside, and standing around being all "Wow your job sucks." REALLY. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CLUE? PLEASE ENLIGHTEN ME, OH MASTER OF THE OBVIOUS. At least there is the possibility of a raise next week.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #28277 on: October 12, 2013, 10:33:06 pm »

Why do the salmon even die in that case? [Yeah I get the spawning season = death to salmon because of the energy, but it seems like they die...well, not because of the spawning in that case]

You may need bears.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2013, 11:01:17 pm by Tiruin »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28278 on: October 12, 2013, 10:42:12 pm »

Why do the salmon even die in that case?

I would guess it's so there's not so many of them that food becomes scarce for the newly born salmon. Population control and all that.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28279 on: October 12, 2013, 10:53:41 pm »

I don't know, why don't you ask SalmonGod why he's so cruel to his progeny?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28280 on: October 12, 2013, 11:26:07 pm »

I thought salmon died when they had children because they were like, genetically programmed that way. They expend all their energy getting up the river, and just die when their children are born because that's the way they do it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28281 on: October 12, 2013, 11:28:48 pm »

Aarggh, haven't had internet access for a bunch of days. Sorry to anyone in/running a forum game I was meant to post in... I'm trying to get all that done now. I just kinda moved house.

Also this keyboard makes me rage. Who the hell thought replacing the right half of the shift key with '\' was a good idea? Jeez this is freaking horrible to type on! D: Anyway, going to try and get some posts done on this library computer. Hopefully I can get home internet on soon enough.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28282 on: October 12, 2013, 11:31:34 pm »

I thought salmon died when they had children because they were like, genetically programmed that way. They expend all their energy getting up the river, and just die when their children are born because that's the way they do it.
Exactly. I'm not sure what compels deities into this "designed to die" thing, but it only demonstrates further why we should cast them down and take their power for ourselves.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28283 on: October 12, 2013, 11:33:16 pm »

Exactly. I'm not sure what compels deities into this "designed to die" thing, but it only demonstrates further why we should cast them down and take their power for ourselves.

DEATH TO THE FALSE GODS!

* Hans grabs his torch +5 and Pitchfork of Deity Slaying +5.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28284 on: October 12, 2013, 11:34:30 pm »

DEATH TO THE FALSE GODS!

* Hans grabs his torch +5 and Pitchfork of Deity Slaying +5.
FOR THE EMPEROR!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28285 on: October 12, 2013, 11:40:25 pm »

>Talk about salmon
>Decide to murder the Deities
>Welcome to Bay12.
He's fucking with us.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #28286 on: October 12, 2013, 11:46:07 pm »

You say that now, but when you have the power of a deity, we'll just see how many species you do or do not program to die at some point.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28287 on: October 12, 2013, 11:47:07 pm »

You say that now, but when you have the power of a deity, we'll just see how many species you do or do not program to die at some point.
And what makes you think I won't go full Dagoth Ur and divide the power of the gods amongst all people?
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28288 on: October 12, 2013, 11:49:41 pm »

Bureaucratic rules.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28289 on: October 13, 2013, 12:02:34 am »

Yeah. One of the fucked up things about natural selection; it cares a ton about things that kill you before you have babies, and pretty much stops caring about things that kill you after you've made babies.
Pages: 1 ... 1884 1885 [1886] 1887 1888 ... 3345