Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1882 1883 [1884] 1885 1886 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692518 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Maximum Pedantry Edition
« Reply #28245 on: October 11, 2013, 09:47:50 pm »

In retrospect, I think I'm just going to declare this an Angry Day in general. I just got genuinely enraged by a daydream.

I do wonder how that guy knows my name, though. That is the first and only time I have spoken to him.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28246 on: October 12, 2013, 12:17:45 am »

Guy Who Lives On My Floor But Whom I Do Not Know: Hey [MSH], wanna come hang out in the lobby?

[MSH]: No.

GWLOMFBWIDNK: (to his roommate) I tried, don't say I didn't try.

Fucking jackass.
So... many... times...
Also, I laughed at myself for trying to pronounce GWLOMFBWIDNK as a word.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28247 on: October 12, 2013, 01:01:20 am »

Some player on Urist McStation murdered the Research Director, who managed to call out and attract my attention, then bitched at me (the AI) the whole time when I locked his ass down. Then he started bitching about me in Deadchat. First, I calmly explained that I heard the RD call for help and watched him murder the RD. Then it turned into an argument. Finally, Nienhaus banned the guy because he'd been acting like a shit all night and this was his third strike.

Being an AI on SS13 is a bitch and a half. Also, I was in the right. Keeping an infected, violent murderer isolated is the best way to deal with him according to Asimov laws.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28248 on: October 12, 2013, 01:02:41 am »

Being an AI on SS13 is a bitch and a half. Also, I was in the right. Keeping an infected, violent murderer isolated is the best way to deal with him according to Asimov laws.
That's generally the best way to handle an infected, violent murderer regardless of laws.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28249 on: October 12, 2013, 01:06:25 am »

Also, people that use poor grammar and syntax, even online, just instantly set off my, "This guy is a total dumbass." Alert. I know that's stereotyping or whatever, but it does. When people can't be bothered to follow the basic rules of writing, I judge them. I judge them hard.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #28250 on: October 12, 2013, 01:08:10 am »

When people can't be bothered to follow the basic rules of writing, I judge them. I judge them hard.
If you know what I mean.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28251 on: October 12, 2013, 01:13:55 am »

When people can't be bothered to follow the basic rules of writing, I judge them. I judge them hard.
If you know what I mean.

... This made me laugh.
He's fucking with us.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #28252 on: October 12, 2013, 01:15:30 am »

Also, people that use poor grammar and syntax, even online, just instantly set off my, "This guy is a total dumbass." Alert. I know that's stereotyping or whatever, but it does. When people can't be bothered to follow the basic rules of writing, I judge them. I judge them hard.
Behavior pattern noted.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28253 on: October 12, 2013, 01:19:21 am »

Now, I'm used to it because of my wife's writing, she wasn't properly taught about the many nuances of properly writing English, so she write phonetically, rather than properly. So when she writes "rite", I know it could mean "right", "write", or "rite".
I'm simply used to it, and her grammar is much the same because, again, nobody cared to sit down and actually teach her.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28254 on: October 12, 2013, 05:18:53 am »

Now, I'm used to it because of my wife's writing, she wasn't properly taught about the many nuances of properly writing English, so she write phonetically, rather than properly. So when she writes "rite", I know it could mean "right", "write", or "rite".
I'm simply used to it, and her grammar is much the same because, again, nobody cared to sit down and actually teach her.
BURN HER ALIVE. THE GRAMMAR GOD DEMANDS IT.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28255 on: October 12, 2013, 06:05:24 am »

Why is it impossible to find cool wallpapers in standard resolutions? If anybody owns a display in 960:566, 768:908 or 512:613, please let me know so I can smack you and tell you to quit making wallpapers that only fit your stupid monitor. It's especially frustrating to find a really cool wallpaper that I like, only to find that it fits the creator's demented mind and nothing else.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28256 on: October 12, 2013, 06:28:18 am »

Why is it impossible to find cool wallpapers in standard resolutions? If anybody owns a display in 960:566, 768:908 or 512:613, please let me know so I can smack you and tell you to quit making wallpapers that only fit your stupid monitor. It's especially frustrating to find a really cool wallpaper that I like, only to find that it fits the creator's demented mind and nothing else.
It's not difficult at all. I have no idea what problem you're having.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #28257 on: October 12, 2013, 08:14:41 am »

Edit it in a photo editing program - simple method of fixing broken resolutions to match your monitor's style.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28258 on: October 12, 2013, 10:44:15 am »

Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can find a picture from the moon, of an astronaut and the earth in the same photo?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28259 on: October 12, 2013, 10:50:25 am »

At some point, I seem to have run over some dog shit on my bike. Oddly, there was also some one of the pedals, but whatever I found on my the bottom of my shoe could easily come from pedaling before noticing it. I don't have any idea when or how it got there. Considering that, and the fact that someone left it outside in the rain possibly all week(I know it was put inside when I last used it), and that there's significantly less air in the tires than there should be. I think someone's been riding it without telling me.

Edit it in a photo editing program - simple method of fixing broken resolutions to match your monitor's style.
Ends up stretching it akwardly. It won't look as cool.

Guy Who Lives On My Floor But Whom I Do Not Know: Hey [MSH], wanna come hang out in the lobby?

[MSH]: No.

GWLOMFBWIDNK: (to his roommate) I tried, don't say I didn't try.

Fucking jackass.
So... many... times...
Also, I laughed at myself for trying to pronounce GWLOMFBWIDNK as a word.
It took me far too long to realize what GWLOMFBWIDNK meant. God I feel stupid.

Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can find a picture from the moon, of an astronaut and the earth in the same photo?
Spoiler: Google? (click to show/hide)
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 1882 1883 [1884] 1885 1886 ... 3345