Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1875 1876 [1877] 1878 1879 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691872 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: In A World.....Edition
« Reply #28140 on: October 08, 2013, 04:45:35 pm »

Because the "correct" answer is C.
The question asks "which of the following". It doesn't specify that there is only one correct option, or even that any of the options are correct.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #28141 on: October 08, 2013, 04:46:22 pm »

Except that liberals aren't a hivemind. More of them are pro-life or iffy on abortion than you'd think, I'm sure there are a number of big-spending liberals who see no problem with current military spending, certain liberals (like me) don't think several things that are often reckoned to be civil liberties actually are...but that'll all fly over his head.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28142 on: October 08, 2013, 04:46:48 pm »

The question asks "which of the following". It doesn't specify that there is only one correct option, or even that any of the options are correct.
I don't think you understand how multiple choice questions work.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28143 on: October 08, 2013, 05:14:29 pm »

Da hell, Spore? The first time I've been active on your servers for years and the first thing you do is download a ton of shitty adventures that I didn't even want. >.<

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #28144 on: October 08, 2013, 05:35:04 pm »

Da hell, Spore? The first time I've been active on your servers for years and the first thing you do is download a ton of shitty adventures that I didn't even want. >.<
I once buddied this random guy. Turned out he had 1,000+ spore creations.

Phalluses...

Phalluses everywhere
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28145 on: October 08, 2013, 05:52:55 pm »

Engine troubles in my car. It's either a fuse, or the starter. I hope to god it's a fuse, or some loose connection somewhere. Please do not let it be the starter. For reference, when I turn the key to start it, nothing happens. No noise, movement, nothing. Has gas, battery, and oil. Goddamnit it just has to happen when I'm going to be between jobs shortly.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28146 on: October 08, 2013, 06:25:12 pm »

There is a way to control content in your Spore game, but it's convoluted and inconsistent, unless handled carefully, thanks to the way EA implemented it.

Basically, the only way to ensure you wont be waging battle against a sentient race of spacedicks is to make sure "Buddy Content Only" is -disabled- in the setting menu, then unfriend everyone and unsubscribe from every sporecast you've added, then -enable- "Buddy Content Only", and then delete everything that remains in your "Everything" folder. Otherwise, even though it's not buddy content, it was already downloaded, and will show up. Also, if you don't fully delete everything belonging to a Sporecast that you want before the next step, it won't redownload anything from it, for some reason. Also, never turn "Buddy Content Only" off again, or you'll have to do these steps all over.

Anyway, once you've purged everything in that exact order, subscribe to the Sporecasts with content you want, and add individual friends. Only those pieces of content, and Maxis creations, will show up in game. I put together a list of sporecasts and really great content-makers when manicuring content for a Spore LP, and I could probably dig for it.

EDIT: Also, if you care for it, there are a number of decent Spore Content Mods, that open up new parts, balance gameplay, etc. Relevant Link.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 06:29:51 pm by Solifuge »

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28147 on: October 08, 2013, 06:30:34 pm »

I don't think you understand how multiple choice questions work.
Had a history teacher in middle school who put a similarly spirited question on a test.

"Have there been more successful Democrat or Republican presidents."

The answer was obviously Democrat, because she commented on it in class the day prior. I put Republican just to spite her. Should have reported it, but I didn't want to cause any more commotion than I normally do (let's just say I had some issues). Never had any respect for her after that shit.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28148 on: October 08, 2013, 07:33:56 pm »

I never stop thinking. It is truly hell.
I've got a similar problem. It's actually great fun at parties, because I can talk nonstop and stay interesting without having to tread old ground. Essays are fun too, since I can come up with multiple sentences for what I want to say; I am able to vary my diction and structure.

Unfortunately, it doesn't turn off when I sleep, either. I had a study done to check for apnea, I had around 103 brain awakenings that night. The doc said the average is about 15 a night. What the fuck, brain?

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #28149 on: October 08, 2013, 08:37:49 pm »

Happy end-of-WW2 standard page-size viewers!
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #28150 on: October 08, 2013, 08:45:20 pm »

Fucking fuck :|

Sitting here, trying to do this fourier transformations homework that I should have been doing for the past two weeks and that is now due in three hours, but nope, brain is all 'Hey look! Internet!'

Probably gonna fail two or three of my four subjects this semester, not because I don't understand the content (though that would also be the case for this differential equations unit) but because I haven't been putting any bloody effort in and instead wasting all my bloody time doing stupid bullshit on my computer.

Fucking fucky fuck.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #28151 on: October 08, 2013, 09:22:59 pm »

There is a way to control content in your Spore game, but it's convoluted and inconsistent, unless handled carefully, thanks to the way EA implemented it.

Basically, the only way to ensure you wont be waging battle against a sentient race of spacedicks is to make sure "Buddy Content Only" is -disabled- in the setting menu, then unfriend everyone and unsubscribe from every sporecast you've added, then -enable- "Buddy Content Only", and then delete everything that remains in your "Everything" folder. Otherwise, even though it's not buddy content, it was already downloaded, and will show up. Also, if you don't fully delete everything belonging to a Sporecast that you want before the next step, it won't redownload anything from it, for some reason. Also, never turn "Buddy Content Only" off again, or you'll have to do these steps all over.

Anyway, once you've purged everything in that exact order, subscribe to the Sporecasts with content you want, and add individual friends. Only those pieces of content, and Maxis creations, will show up in game. I put together a list of sporecasts and really great content-makers when manicuring content for a Spore LP, and I could probably dig for it.

EDIT: Also, if you care for it, there are a number of decent Spore Content Mods, that open up new parts, balance gameplay, etc. Relevant Link.
I'm not sure if those steps will fix this (Because this happened before I saw that post) but when I logged on I could see every evolution and / or edit of everything that I've ever made, and it's not going away. Spore knows how to set off my OCD better than anything else... I'll give it a try.

Thecard

• Bay Watcher
  • Back in With the Old!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28152 on: October 08, 2013, 09:27:06 pm »

Happy end-of-WW2 standard page-size viewers!
Heh. This is what I've thought about literally every time I've clicked on one of the pages in the 19XX.

I think the slaughter part is what made them angry.
OOC: Dachshundofdoom: This is how the world ends, not with a bang but with goddamn VUVUZELAS.
Those hookers aren't getting out any time soon, no matter how many fancy gadgets they have :v

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28153 on: October 08, 2013, 09:28:48 pm »

And for the 50-page master race, happy foundation of the Exarchate of Ravenna! :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28154 on: October 08, 2013, 11:06:39 pm »

I went to sleep two hours ago and now am clearly not asleep. I know how this goes, i won't be able to sleep again until 3:00 and then I'm going to end up sleeping all day tomorrow. Goddammit, son of a fuck.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."
Pages: 1 ... 1875 1876 [1877] 1878 1879 ... 3345