Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1873 1874 [1875] 1876 1877 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692345 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: In A World.....Edition
« Reply #28110 on: October 08, 2013, 09:47:36 am »

I'm somewhat glad I couldn't think of a valid situation to "play" it.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #28111 on: October 08, 2013, 10:13:56 am »

On a different note, it's like inner demons show-and-tell around here.

The server for the General Discussion subforum uses adaCOTTON CANDY chips after all.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28112 on: October 08, 2013, 10:19:41 am »

Oh, no, I understand what you're saying, and I know exactly what you mean.

I think all the time when I'm alone. On the computer, no, but in bed, yes, very often. I can switch it off when I'm distracted, of course, but when I'm not it's all over the place. I think of stupid things I did way back when and my thoughts aren't "OOOOH WHY DID I DO THAAAAAAAT" or "THAT'S SO CRINGY" but "haha I was 16 years old" or "whoops oh well that happened", never calling myself an idiot or anything like that.

Maybe it's due to my total acceptance that the person that I was yesterday isn't me, just someone extremely similar, and that that similarity becomes far muddier the farther time goes back, that as a creature I am fluid and constantly evolving in personality and reactions, with only the most basic of instincts remaining the same over time. Yeah, I've made noises, sang and hummed to myself all the time for the last 18 years, but my taste in what I sing has changed all the time... things like that. I never, ever feel bad about what I've done years beforehand, and what I've done recently can still be rectified.

And yes, not thinking is good. I realize that I can't remember thinking after 20 minutes of not doing so in a way that I would remember (of course I'm always thinking; I'm just not always paying attention) and I just think "oh well".

I think I may be happy to an unhealthy degree.
I always come back to the fact that I am no less shitty than that person was.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #28113 on: October 08, 2013, 10:26:45 am »

I think all the time when I'm alone. On the computer, no, but in bed, yes, very often. I can switch it off when I'm distracted, of course, but when I'm not it's all over the place. I think of stupid things I did way back when and my thoughts aren't "OOOOH WHY DID I DO THAAAAAAAT" or "THAT'S SO CRINGY" but "haha I was 16 years old" or "whoops oh well that happened", never calling myself an idiot or anything like that.

Maybe it's due to my total acceptance that the person that I was yesterday isn't me, just someone extremely similar, and that that similarity becomes far muddier the farther time goes back, that as a creature I am fluid and constantly evolving in personality and reactions, with only the most basic of instincts remaining the same over time. Yeah, I've made noises, sang and hummed to myself all the time for the last 18 years, but my taste in what I sing has changed all the time... things like that. I never, ever feel bad about what I've done years beforehand, and what I've done recently can still be rectified.

And yes, not thinking is good. I realize that I can't remember thinking after 20 minutes of not doing so in a way that I would remember (of course I'm always thinking; I'm just not always paying attention) and I just think "oh well".

If you're at least aware of being a shitty person, then you're +1 over your old self.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #28114 on: October 08, 2013, 10:27:45 am »

I never stop thinking. It is truly hell.
Pretty much this. I am always mindful of part of a monologue from Henry V:

Not all these, laid in bed majestical,
Can sleep so soundly as the wretched slave,
Who with a body fill'd and vacant mind
Gets him to rest, cramm'd with distressful bread;
Never sees horrid night, the child of hell

Basically, King Henry complaining that peasants have it easy because they don't have to think about everything, so they can fall asleep. It's a bit of Ye Olde Royal-Worlde Problems, but I get the sentiment. Life would simpler (albeit far less interesting) without an active mind.

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #28115 on: October 08, 2013, 10:33:55 am »

Just before sleeping, heh, how familiar. In general, I follow Putnam's way of thinking more or less, although it's more 'God I WAS such an idiot back then, gotta remember to never do that again. Ever.', though I'm occasionally kicking myself for majorly screwing a certain thing up in the past, but then it's 'Eh. At least I had the opportunity to gain experience on how not to screw it up again.'

Then I go back to doing what in retrospect will have been being an idiot. Yay!

Basically, King Henry complaining that peasants have it easy because they don't have to think about everything, so they can fall asleep. It's a bit of Ye Olde Royal-Worlde Problems, but I get the sentiment. Life would simpler (albeit far less interesting) without an active mind.

I find being left without anything to think about or focus on doing - I'd call it boredom but it's not the kind of boredom you get when listening to someone droning about something that doesn't interest you, it's simply the mind-numbing absence of stimuli - almost physically painful. Over a certain threshold, I start acting irrationally and doing something, anything, to just stop having to endure that feeling.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28116 on: October 08, 2013, 10:58:04 am »

Huh. Aside from it making it difficult to sleep, I like always thinking. It keeps me occupied and entertained during boring stretches of life, which is most of it! (I guess maybe I wouldn't care so much if I wasn't always thinking though?)

I think the problem is that most of the people here who dislike waste their precious thinking cycles reminiscing and regretting and shit. Stop that, do what I do. Spend your thinking cycles scheming.

Scheming is perhaps the most enjoyable sort of thinking on the planet, or at least up there in the top three. There really is no better way to cheer yourself up than a dive into the world of scheming. Make sure to keep the scheming positive though, and scheme about ways to get on top or make something happen, not ways to avoid something!

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #28117 on: October 08, 2013, 11:46:28 am »

Huh. Aside from it making it difficult to sleep, I like always thinking. It keeps me occupied and entertained during boring stretches of life, which is most of it! (I guess maybe I wouldn't care so much if I wasn't always thinking though?)

I think the problem is that most of the people here who dislike waste their precious thinking cycles reminiscing and regretting and shit. Stop that, do what I do. Spend your thinking cycles scheming.

Scheming is perhaps the most enjoyable sort of thinking on the planet, or at least up there in the top three. There really is no better way to cheer yourself up than a dive into the world of scheming. Make sure to keep the scheming positive though, and scheme about ways to get on top or make something happen, not ways to avoid something!

Glyph_in_bed.jpg

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28118 on: October 08, 2013, 12:04:49 pm »

Math, math is making me rage and hate myself.

I've started practicing for this entry exam or something we'll be having in two weeks, there's not much stuff to practice honestly and it isn't all that hard, highschool level crap.

And since I wasn't paying much attention in highschool and that shit was over two years ago I forgot most of it. So after triumphantly solving the first problem (they always get you hooked and feeling good with the first one) I proceeded to drive myself into a brick wall on the next three.

I know there's a solution, a pattern or something to be done, I just can't figure out what, and it's pissing me off because it's not something I can brute logic my way trough, it's something you have to memorize by heart and notice in the problem to be able to overcome it.

Fucking math man.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28119 on: October 08, 2013, 12:20:12 pm »

My laptop has suddenly got quieter for a reason that I cannot ascertain. It's really annoying.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28120 on: October 08, 2013, 12:39:10 pm »

I have once again attempted to make a flag signature work. Progress has been made, and yet progress has been halted by the strange washed-out effect I have ended up with.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28121 on: October 08, 2013, 12:49:51 pm »

Might be because you saved it as a jpeg. Try png instead.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #28122 on: October 08, 2013, 01:07:13 pm »

My laptop has suddenly got quieter for a reason that I cannot ascertain. It's really annoying.

Do you mean your speakers or your fan? Since I was concerned about my sound getting quieter not that long ago, but it turned out to be my headphones dying.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28123 on: October 08, 2013, 01:10:53 pm »

Do you mean your speakers or your fan? Since I was concerned about my sound getting quieter not that long ago, but it turned out to be my headphones dying.
It's the sound, but it's definitely the computer that's at fault because it doesn't even seem to be every program.

EDIT: Nevermind, I figured it out. Windows 7 Mixer is ridiculous. It put Flash all the way down 4noraisin.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 03:01:14 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28124 on: October 08, 2013, 02:43:09 pm »

Might be because you saved it as a jpeg. Try png instead.
I already tried png. It didn't go well. I ended up with microflags.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1873 1874 [1875] 1876 1877 ... 3345