Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1872 1873 [1874] 1875 1876 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692960 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: In A World.....Edition
« Reply #28095 on: October 07, 2013, 11:43:14 pm »

Weird. Taking into consideration my event, it was trying to get me to get revenge on an abstract situation that is not really any one participant's fault. Yeah, I'm going to get REVENGE on a SITUATION! :D
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28096 on: October 07, 2013, 11:48:10 pm »

Well screw you too, Justice Scalia.
I was expecting something a bit more amusing, but no, he's just a standard religious guy who believes in the devil. I'm not aware of any Christian denomination that doesn't, but it's conceivable some don't.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28097 on: October 07, 2013, 11:52:27 pm »

I was expecting something a bit more amusing, but no, he's just a standard religious guy who believes in the devil. I'm not aware of any Christian denomination that doesn't, but it's conceivable some don't.
I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about his "hur hur atheists" jab. I realize it's not the worst thing in the world, but the constant lack of respect nonbelievers get from politicians just disgusts me.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28098 on: October 07, 2013, 11:55:26 pm »

I'm not talking about that, I'm talking about his "hur hur atheists" jab. I realize it's not the worst thing in the world, but the constant lack of respect nonbelievers get from politicians just disgusts me.

Well, in their defense... There is no respect both ways. (Which when I think about it... isn't a defense. "Well in the dogs defense, the dog it bit also had rabies")

Though to admit I cannot think of many atheist politicians who basically harp on "believers" constantly. At least none with any actual power, they are usually fringe politicians or book authors.

Well, ok there are the secularists but they aren't "Atheist" they just have a strong believe that all forms of religion has no place in government run programs, where the most extreme forms it comes in is that no government worker is allowed to show any political or religious imagery, opinion, or dress whatsoever by threat of severe punishment. Yet they are more moderate in the US and even then being "Secular" isn't mutually exclusive to being religious or atheist.

Anyhow don't worry, I think in a few decades it will be on the other foot anyhow and you will be hearing constant "Those darn religious people hur hur hur" over and over again by politicians.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 12:05:44 am by Neonivek »

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28099 on: October 08, 2013, 12:50:18 am »

This put me into a shaking rage.  It was so. . . frustrating. . .

I couldn't get past the first screen. I've never felt wrong by another person.

I think that that's odd. Every bad emotion I've ever felt is something either impersonal or something I think is my fault, but that doesn't make me feel angry or sad or dejected or regretful or anything like that. When people talk about when they're walking down the street and they remember a stupid thing they did and they hate themselves for it, I am incapable of understanding that feeling.

That makes me strangely angry.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28100 on: October 08, 2013, 01:11:21 am »

When people talk about when they're walking down the street and they remember a stupid thing they did and they hate themselves for it, I am incapable of understanding that feeling.

I know this sounds insulting, but generally speaking do you think when you are alone?

Not referring to intelligence mind you or the ability to think.

From what I've experienced there are people who almost never think and those who simply can't stop thinking (and people in between).

Oddly enough, having an inactive brain seems to be the better choice.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 01:13:25 am by Neonivek »

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28101 on: October 08, 2013, 01:17:42 am »

i alternate between the two by virtue of pushing my inner monologue to being a music player

it works yo

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28102 on: October 08, 2013, 01:21:17 am »

I never stop thinking. It is truly hell.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28103 on: October 08, 2013, 01:24:37 am »

Oh, no, I understand what you're saying, and I know exactly what you mean.

I think all the time when I'm alone. On the computer, no, but in bed, yes, very often. I can switch it off when I'm distracted, of course, but when I'm not it's all over the place. I think of stupid things I did way back when and my thoughts aren't "OOOOH WHY DID I DO THAAAAAAAT" or "THAT'S SO CRINGY" but "haha I was 16 years old" or "whoops oh well that happened", never calling myself an idiot or anything like that.

Maybe it's due to my total acceptance that the person that I was yesterday isn't me, just someone extremely similar, and that that similarity becomes far muddier the farther time goes back, that as a creature I am fluid and constantly evolving in personality and reactions, with only the most basic of instincts remaining the same over time. Yeah, I've made noises, sang and hummed to myself all the time for the last 18 years, but my taste in what I sing has changed all the time... things like that. I never, ever feel bad about what I've done years beforehand, and what I've done recently can still be rectified.

And yes, not thinking is good. I realize that I can't remember thinking after 20 minutes of not doing so in a way that I would remember (of course I'm always thinking; I'm just not always paying attention) and I just think "oh well".

I think I may be happy to an unhealthy degree.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #28104 on: October 08, 2013, 01:30:45 am »

I worry sometimes that I'm only able to function because I'm distracted. When I'm in class working on assignments, at home playing videogames, messing around with friends or whatever, I'm fine. But as soon as the computer's off and I'm alone with my thoughts, my mind turns to things that make me upset or angry or disappointed in myself.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #28105 on: October 08, 2013, 02:31:47 am »

So I woke up at 7 AM after falling asleep ~midnight to show up at a lecture at 8, my eyes itching from inside, I hauled my corpse of a half-awake body to make myself a coffee and a breakfast. I realized I missed a bus, but no sweat, there's another one in ten minutes and I still have time.

So I sit down to my Analytic Chemistry materials and re-read it to spend the next couple of minutes. I look at the clock. Fuck. Three minutes left until the next bus. So I take my coat and run to the bus stop. Arrived one minute late. I finally took the next one. Then I have to switch to a tram. I'm short on time, but I managed to get to the closest one. I push the button to open the doors. They flip me a bird and refuse to open.

Then FINALLY I get to the campus, make a break for the room where the lecture is held since I'm already late.

THE LECTURER DIDN'T SHOW UP. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28106 on: October 08, 2013, 02:34:07 am »

So I woke up at 7 AM after falling asleep ~midnight to show up at a lecture at 8, my eyes itching from inside, I hauled my corpse of a half-awake body to make myself a coffee and a breakfast. I realized I missed a bus, but no sweat, there's another one in ten minutes and I still have time.

So I sit down to my Analytic Chemistry materials and re-read it to spend the next couple of minutes. I look at the clock. Fuck. Three minutes left until the next bus. So I take my coat and run to the bus stop. Arrived one minute late. I finally took the next one. Then I have to switch to a tram. I'm short on time, but I managed to get to the closest one. I push the button to open the doors. They flip me a bird and refuse to open.

Then FINALLY I get to the campus, make a break for the room where the lecture is held since I'm already late.

THE LECTURER DIDN'T SHOW UP. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

this is a reminder that you should take it easy, because in the end, it'll just work out

one way or another.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28107 on: October 08, 2013, 02:38:16 am »

I never stop thinking. It is truly hell.

I am rather an oddity in that... I understand that constantly thinking all the time stresses me out in ways that even a small reprieve would help.

I have an almost sheer refusal not to think.

Yet, I will tell you now... There is a surprising audience of people who just want to be able to shut down their brains for a while. Which disturbs me but only because I don't think I understand.

It is also a surprisingly hard feat. Though oddly enough it gives itself away and certain personality traits gravitate towards each, you can tell how much someone things just by talking to them if you really look for it.

I think people are weird... just in general.

And yet in spite of the fact that I genuinely do like to know how people work... I've found that I kind of prefer not to understand anyone I really know about that closely. Which I also don't understand. Something about how someone works not being the same as actually knowing them.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2013, 02:43:49 am by Neonivek »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #28108 on: October 08, 2013, 07:36:17 am »

I worry sometimes that I'm only able to function because I'm distracted. When I'm in class working on assignments, at home playing videogames, messing around with friends or whatever, I'm fine. But as soon as the computer's off and I'm alone with my thoughts, my mind turns to things that make me upset or angry or disappointed in myself.
Somewhat relevant.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28109 on: October 08, 2013, 09:39:25 am »

This put me into a shaking rage.  It was so. . . frustrating. . .

I don't know what happened to you. It was... okay, for me. It dredged up memories. Seemed a bit lacking at the end. It didn't really help, but it's not like it made anything worse either. It's not like it's not basically something I go through pretty regularly on my own unprompted.

If you say different things, do different things happen? Is there something I'm missing?

Though I did get a bit of an elevated heart rate halfway through, just from remembering, hah.
Pages: 1 ... 1872 1873 [1874] 1875 1876 ... 3345