Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1868 1869 [1870] 1871 1872 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691982 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Because Maine Edition
« Reply #28035 on: October 07, 2013, 01:55:08 am »

So why did it make you raeg?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28036 on: October 07, 2013, 02:02:48 am »

Probably because it looks like a generic medieval city as opposed to the description given of the city in an earlier instalment of the Elder Scrolls.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28037 on: October 07, 2013, 02:03:34 am »

Oh, that's a random screenshot from Elder Scrolls Online, not really related to the quote; the city described there is probably going to look more like this in that game.
This bit confuses me.
Sig! Onol

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28038 on: October 07, 2013, 02:08:26 am »

It's a misleading image/quote meant to make people think the worst then? I looked at the wiki and I don't think the city of Alinor is going to be in the game (at least not on release).
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28039 on: October 07, 2013, 02:35:20 am »

Oh, it reminded me of their earlier description:

The architecture of the High Elves is fanciful, certainly, but it’s also practical, constructed of real-world materials. Architects can’t make buildings out of poetry!

The bolded part especially. It reminded me that these people have no idea what they're getting into.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28040 on: October 07, 2013, 02:37:59 am »

B-b-b-but magic.
And magic.
Why real world materials when magic
I can see why this is making you raeg
Sig! Onol

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #28041 on: October 07, 2013, 02:42:43 am »

Oh, that's a random screenshot from Elder Scrolls Online, not really related to the quote; the city described there is probably going to look more like this in that game.
This bit confuses me.

Just change the picture to the one of Rivendell. It's just as rage infusing.

Oh, it reminded me of their earlier description:

The architecture of the High Elves is fanciful, certainly, but it’s also practical, constructed of real-world materials. Architects can’t make buildings out of poetry!

The bolded part especially. It reminded me that these people have no idea what they're getting into.

And no imagination.
Love, scriver~

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28042 on: October 07, 2013, 02:46:54 am »

It is interesting, and annoying, that even with the tools to create pretty much anything we stick to the same and familiar so often. (Because they're the same and familiar obviously but still...)

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #28043 on: October 07, 2013, 03:04:18 am »

Very annoying.
They're creating a world with cats living on the moon, which is the corpse of a god, and elves that travel through the void (see: space) with ships that look like birds.
A world where the elves in the east are lead by their hermaphrodite god who is literally capable of making buildings out of poetry, who gained his godhood by the moon-god's heart first and violence/Love/CHIM later.
Where said elves who mine the blood of said moon-corpse god from the mountain created by the impact of that god's still-beating heart and use it to make the world's best weapons and armor.
A world where the black conquistadors of the west destroyed their own homeland with a sword technique that splits atoms.
A world where alien trees from before the beginning of the circle that is time empower lizards to become intelligent.
A world where that circle that is time is personified by a completely insane god created by the people worshiped by him because his still-existing predecessor was too elvish, a god who eats his own tail, and his tail is known as Convention, and his mouth is known as Alduin.
A world where the elves were defeated by a giant robot whose every activation breaks the insane god even further.
A world where all is registered in the C0DA when it is understood that TAL(OS) keeps Mundus together even in the time after Landfall.
A world where glass comes out of Malachite instead of copper.
A world where the god of destruction likes to pop out of pies.

They see this fantastic-even-to-fantasy world and they go "fuck it, real life's close enough."

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #28044 on: October 07, 2013, 05:14:06 am »

Goddamnit Paypal, why does your account verification process take so long (it's been two days already)? I just want to play Creeper World 3, I've played through the entire demo five times now... :(

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28045 on: October 07, 2013, 06:48:31 am »

Very annoying.
They're creating a world with cats living on the moon, which is the corpse of a god, and elves that travel through the void (see: space) with ships that look like birds.
A world where the elves in the east are lead by their hermaphrodite god who is literally capable of making buildings out of poetry, who gained his godhood by the moon-god's heart first and violence/Love/CHIM later.
Where said elves who mine the blood of said moon-corpse god from the mountain created by the impact of that god's still-beating heart and use it to make the world's best weapons and armor.
A world where the black conquistadors of the west destroyed their own homeland with a sword technique that splits atoms.
A world where alien trees from before the beginning of the circle that is time empower lizards to become intelligent.
A world where that circle that is time is personified by a completely insane god created by the people worshiped by him because his still-existing predecessor was too elvish, a god who eats his own tail, and his tail is known as Convention, and his mouth is known as Alduin.
A world where the elves were defeated by a giant robot whose every activation breaks the insane god even further.
A world where all is registered in the C0DA when it is understood that TAL(OS) keeps Mundus together even in the time after Landfall.
A world where glass comes out of Malachite instead of copper.
A world where the god of destruction likes to pop out of pies.

They see this fantastic-even-to-fantasy world and they go "fuck it, real life's close enough."
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: In A World.....Edition
« Reply #28046 on: October 07, 2013, 09:29:41 am »

I wonder if there's gonna be another TES game after Online or if this will make the series crash and burn.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28047 on: October 07, 2013, 09:33:20 am »

There fucking better be. I will never rest until I get TES: Black Marsh.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #28048 on: October 07, 2013, 09:44:43 am »

That would be awesome, but I'd prefer TES: Elsweyr. The sheer META in the plot would need to be incredible to do it justice.

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #28049 on: October 07, 2013, 09:57:06 am »

Agreed.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 1868 1869 [1870] 1871 1872 ... 3345