Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1831 1832 [1833] 1834 1835 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692120 times)

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27480 on: September 16, 2013, 06:38:02 pm »

It's something that makes me pissed anytime a shooting happens.

"It's a tragedy! 500 people died!"

Well more people die in the eastern hemisphere but does the news go cover that more and try to get people to help them? Nooooo.

"The shooter was found to be a avid player of Doom/CoD/Halo/FPS before undertaking this action, therefore this is what caused him to do it!"

Not every person who shoots someone's virtual avatar will become a serial killer.

"Think of the children! Would you want your child seeing this?! *Clip of one scene of some character in some game being killed in a totally avoidable gory death*"

I hate think of the children and even though it means well, IMO I think it's just used as a way to get people to pity your cause because we can't hurt children and their fragile, still developing mind can we?

Sorry for this rant, last page made me think this up. Also yay straw men!

Also anything wrongly stated, a apologize as I don't do research on things unless it's important for the post.

I now take my leave.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27481 on: September 16, 2013, 07:16:27 pm »

People outcast him

I want to learn more about this.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #27482 on: September 16, 2013, 07:32:16 pm »

GUNIN: uses caputer ===> gets fronds ===> "Hey frond, look. caputer *typey type*"  "amazling" ===> fronds use caputer ass well ===> FIN

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27483 on: September 16, 2013, 07:39:04 pm »

GUNIN: uses caputer ===> gets fronds ===> "Hey frond, look. caputer *typey type*"  "amazling" ===> fronds use caputer ass well ===> FIN
10/10: i think that story actually brought a tear to my eye.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27484 on: September 16, 2013, 10:49:40 pm »

People outcast him

I want to learn more about this.
backstab me 60% of the time (in the metaphorical sense).

This also interests me.

(If you don't want to answer, don't. This is curiosity, not interrogation.)

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #27485 on: September 17, 2013, 01:44:15 am »

I forgot to return a value from one of my functions, so for the past hour I have been getting bizarre error messages and the computer thinking that I had a vector with 9000 things in it.

On a more wtf note, I just finished the line above, and instead of putting a period, my first instinct was to put a ; to end the line. Yay programming.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #27486 on: September 17, 2013, 01:46:02 am »

Itisnotlogical:

Try to make a new friend ==> Get ignored in favor of person's actual friends ==> Meet people on the Internet ==> They actually respond when I try to start a conversation

How do people meet people? Whenever I try to make a friend, we have about one conversation and then they ignore me unless we're forced to interact by circumstance.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27487 on: September 17, 2013, 02:28:51 am »

You ride on the coattails of a mutual friend!

...Damn, that doesn't help at all. :-\
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27488 on: September 17, 2013, 09:31:51 am »

90% of it is shared experience/interests. It's no secret why so many meatspace friendships start with sports/drinking/etc. People generally gravitate towards others who are similar to them. It's also why so much of both school and work relationships consist of complaining about customers, bosses, teachers, and tasks: they're the one set of things that you're almost certain to have similar views on. Apart from the initial meeting, either you stay "friends" for the same shallow reasons, or because you've spent enough time together to build a new in-group of shared experiences which give each member of the friendship a sense of belonging or unity which then reinforces the desire to continue being friends.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27489 on: September 17, 2013, 10:19:58 am »

Itisnotlogical:

Try to make a new friend
Pretty much my attitude.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #27490 on: September 17, 2013, 12:34:45 pm »

I'm sick. Stupid roommates being stupidly contagious.

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27491 on: September 17, 2013, 03:21:42 pm »

I'm sure those of you who have checked my account recently have found a new email adress(well since about mid summer but still) and that is because I LOST MY FUCKING PASSWORD BECAUSE GOOGLE GOT ME PARANOID THREE TIMES. THREE TIMES I CHANGED PASSWORD.

Then I stupidly log out because I was accessing my tumblr and I specifically used a different email and of course I fucking forgot to write this password down.

GOOD THING THOUGH IT THAT THIS NEW EMAIL WILL INCLUDE MY MOBILE PHONE WHEN GOOGLE GIVES THAT MESSAGE!

Siiiiiiiigh

EDIT:Yay I got my email back finally!

Woohoo?
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 04:01:08 pm by Iceblaster »

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27492 on: September 17, 2013, 03:26:21 pm »

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27493 on: September 17, 2013, 03:32:19 pm »

I don't understand people who can Take without much of anything in return. Deepest condolences, Soli.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27494 on: September 17, 2013, 03:46:46 pm »

So many people on this board are so very much more accommodating than me. I honestly do not understand it. Sometimes I think you people are, like... aliens, or something.

I would have been like "Not my problem, sorry! Git'out my house now!" and any further attempts at phone calls would have been met with "You are correct! I do not care about you. Not in the slightest! You are a terrible person, and I am not going to talk to you until you decide to stop being a terrible person. Goodbye. *click*"
« Last Edit: September 17, 2013, 03:49:05 pm by GlyphGryph »
Pages: 1 ... 1831 1832 [1833] 1834 1835 ... 3345