Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1829 1830 [1831] 1832 1833 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3693151 times)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27450 on: September 15, 2013, 05:38:51 pm »

I had a computer like that once.  It would bluescreen randomly and only hitting it would get it to stop.  For a while.  It eventually got to the point where hitting it didn't help, and once it went down that last time I had to RMA the motherboard to get it to come back up.

My last modem was similar.  It would randomly drop its DSL connection for reasons I couldn't fathom.  Bashing it a few times would get it to work again.  Until it stopped altogether like that computer.  In this case it was a matter of opening up the case to remove an antenna that had come unglued and was shorting to the main board though.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27451 on: September 15, 2013, 05:57:31 pm »

Hey, percussive maintenance works. It makes the problem go away, one way or another.
Case in point:
Xbox 360s tend to jam as they get older (as in, the disc tray won't come out.)

The fix? Lay it on its side, try to open the disc tray, and give it a solid whack just above the disc tray.

Wow, I've had this problem for such a long time, and this worked perfectly. Thanks!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27452 on: September 15, 2013, 06:58:44 pm »

More like last-gen, really

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27453 on: September 15, 2013, 07:02:06 pm »

Hey, percussive maintenance works. It makes the problem go away, one way or another.
Case in point:
Xbox 360s tend to jam as they get older (as in, the disc tray won't come out.)

The fix? Lay it on its side, try to open the disc tray, and give it a solid whack just above the disc tray.

Wow, I've had this problem for such a long time, and this worked perfectly. Thanks!
Bay12: Where we fix high end next-gen machines by wacking them.
Whacking shit is always the answer. Even if it doesn't work it's still the answer.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27454 on: September 16, 2013, 12:45:45 am »

YOUTUBE
WHY YOU DISABLE THE BUTTON THAT LETS ME TURN OFF ANNOTATIONS YOU BASTARD
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27455 on: September 16, 2013, 12:48:25 am »

It's under the settings wheel gear thing now
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27456 on: September 16, 2013, 12:49:05 am »

IT WAS FINE BEFORE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27459 on: September 16, 2013, 01:42:50 am »

There was at least one whole PC generation and a good 5 phone generations between the 360 and now

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27460 on: September 16, 2013, 03:13:22 am »

There was at least one whole PC generation and a good 5 phone generations between the 360 and now

mother of god did you actually count the phone generations.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #27461 on: September 16, 2013, 03:47:11 am »

I thought there were only three phone generations, basic phones, crappy smartphones(windows), good smartphones.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #27462 on: September 16, 2013, 03:54:08 am »

I thought there were only three phone generations, basic phones, crappy smartphones(windows), good smartphones.
You forgot the Nokia phones (old models). Those really deserve their own category.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27463 on: September 16, 2013, 04:02:47 am »

Aye, the adamantium generation, still have a number of those aroudn the house, most of them work just fine, it's the damn batteries that are dated and don't las for long though :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #27464 on: September 16, 2013, 05:20:08 am »

Aye, the adamantium generation, still have a number of those aroudn the house, most of them work just fine, it's the damn batteries that are dated and don't las for long though :C
Nokia 1100, the Legend, the One and Only. Of you, we praise.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.
Pages: 1 ... 1829 1830 [1831] 1832 1833 ... 3345