Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1820 1821 [1822] 1823 1824 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689333 times)

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27315 on: September 11, 2013, 12:29:29 pm »

Yea I really should.  And her supervisor knows me too, I worked closely with her for about half my internship session.  I'll probably wait and see if she actually makes good on her try to give more lab time promise.  Wouldn't be right for me to express my dissatisfaction to her and escalate without giving her a chance to correct the situation I suppose.

And yea it's a local college.  Used to be community, but a few years ago it somehow upgraded so it can have 'State college' in it's name.   Don't actually know the diffrence, and my college ID still has 'community college' all over it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 12:34:35 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27316 on: September 11, 2013, 12:31:52 pm »

Yea I really should.  And her supervisor knows me too, I worked closely with her for about half my internship session.  I'll probably wait and see if she actually makes good on her try to give more lab time promise.  Wouldn't be right for me to express my dissatisfaction to her and escalate without giving her a chance to correct the situation I suppose.

You always could do what I like to do is inform about your intent to complain.

Or rather talk to the supervisor, tell the issue to the person, say that you brought this forward to the professor and they responded, and say that you will keep them informed if the prof actually improves the situation.

Mind you, as always, use your own discression when deciphering my advice.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27317 on: September 11, 2013, 02:10:32 pm »

It sounds like she was already aware there was a problem, and her response was to threaten to fail the whole class. Escalate now, while there is still time for someone else to apply some damned pressure that will make improvement here possible.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27318 on: September 11, 2013, 02:24:49 pm »

Yea I'll see the department head tomarrow then, at least make sure she knows that there is something going on. 

Parents are angry I did that and want me to leave it be though.  Saying that she simply can't fail the whole class, and that if I continue I'm just making sure I'm one of the students she does fail when the school forces her to raise the grades.  While I see what they're saying I don't see how just going with the flow will fix the situation.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27319 on: September 11, 2013, 03:37:44 pm »

Saying that she simply can't fail the whole class

Yes she totally can. The Bell curve isn't that generous.

As well if she intentionally tries to fail you, it is also something you can bring up with the school itself.

Though the key is that your parents LIKELY think you are exaggerating your claims and that she is just being "tough" and you are lashing out because her class is tough.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 03:39:46 pm by Neonivek »

PyroDesu

• Bay Watcher
  • Schist happens
    • View Profile
« Reply #27320 on: September 11, 2013, 03:54:19 pm »

If you were in high school, maybe. College, even a community college (and no, changing it so State is in the name does not make it not a community college.)? Oh yeah, she can.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 04:16:01 pm by PyroDesu »
Quote from: syvarris
Pyro is probably some experimental government R&D AI.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27321 on: September 11, 2013, 05:38:48 pm »

The weather here. IT IS SEPTEMPER, WHY IS IT 102 DEGREES?!? WHERE THE HELL DID THIS COME FROM. WHY WOULD IT COME AFTER MY AIR CONDITIONER WAS BROKEN!?!

It's a conspiracy, somehow, somewhere, someone is profiting off this.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27322 on: September 11, 2013, 05:42:11 pm »

your heat misery is my cooling effect

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27323 on: September 11, 2013, 05:44:53 pm »

So as temperatures go up... Your temperatures go down.

And as temperatures go down... Your temperatures also go down?

Or do you function in that as temperatures go further to the extremes of hot and cold, your temperature approaches homeostasis.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27324 on: September 11, 2013, 05:46:39 pm »

So as temperatures go up... Your temperatures go down.

And as temperatures go down... Your temperatures also go down?

Or do you function in that as temperatures go further to the extremes of hot and cold, your temperature approaches homeostasis.
pretty much.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27325 on: September 11, 2013, 10:18:08 pm »

Where the fuck are all these bug bites coming from, do I need to fumigate my goddamn truck or what

What kind of bug bites?
Little itchy bumps. Might be mosquito bites I guess.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #27326 on: September 12, 2013, 12:06:27 am »

If you were in high school, maybe. College, even a community college (and no, changing it so State is in the name does not make it not a community college.)? Oh yeah, she can.
Ehhh. If it's a recurring issue? They can fire professors for that. Or deny tenure. Or whatever. You can fail a class, it's just not wise.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27327 on: September 12, 2013, 01:03:51 am »

Where the fuck are all these bug bites coming from, do I need to fumigate my goddamn truck or what

What kind of bug bites?
Little itchy bumps. Might be mosquito bites I guess.

could be bed bugs, check the mattress

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27328 on: September 12, 2013, 02:30:04 am »

Did my laundry yesterday,

The seasonal rains have started.

i'm just going to leave them hanging until they dry, rot or freeze one of the three

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27329 on: September 12, 2013, 05:35:33 am »

Well, I think torrential downpours generally down associate themselves with types of weather such as cold snaps-- not sure why, some kinda weather-type clique-thing-- so at least one of those options shouldn't be a problem! :D [/nothelpful]
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 1820 1821 [1822] 1823 1824 ... 3345