Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1819 1820 [1821] 1822 1823 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689006 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27300 on: September 10, 2013, 09:48:08 pm »

So I'm sitting in a hot tub today at this water park hotel thing. It has a fence around it, and a fancy magnetic baby gate thing so you can't get in without the intelligence and height of a six year old (theoretically).

I'm sitting here, relaxing, and see a baby walk in, through a giant hole between the end of the fence and the wall. (Big enough for anyone who couldn't open the gate to get through, at least.) He walks back out, a life guard sees him and makes a questioning face, then goes back to watching her pool. The baby (has to be under 3 years old), walks back in and sits on the step of the hot tub, almost slipping (I almost jumped over the pool to him...) but luckily catches himself and just sits on the steps. About six minutes later, as I was getting out to tell somebody that, "Hey, a baby is sitting unsupervised in the friggin' hot tub," his mother comes up and is like "Oh, there you are." without any sense of worry or anything. The hot tub is the one unsupervised area, and if that slip was a little worse, and I hadn't been there, that could have gone really, really badly.

I sent them an e-mail last night and they fixed it today before I left homeward. Rage fixed!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27301 on: September 10, 2013, 09:49:05 pm »

A happy conclusion in the Rage Thread? GTFO.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #27302 on: September 10, 2013, 09:58:40 pm »

They probably just destroyed the hot tub.

Foamybeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KEK in all things.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27303 on: September 10, 2013, 11:58:53 pm »

I got a bone spur in my heel yesterday. The pain is one of the worst I've ever felt in my life.

The part that makes me rage is that I CAN'T FUCKING DO ANYTHING T MAKE THE FUCKING PAIN GO AWAY.

FUCK
Dwarf Fortress Immortality: Cask of Amontillado-ing all your dwarves.
I'm trying to figure out how creeping eyes vomit despite not having a mouth.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27304 on: September 11, 2013, 12:11:25 am »

They probably just destroyed the hot tub.
It's the only logical conclusion.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27305 on: September 11, 2013, 01:58:06 am »

Where the fuck are all these bug bites coming from, do I need to fumigate my goddamn truck or what
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #27306 on: September 11, 2013, 01:59:30 am »

Where the fuck are all these bug bites coming from, do I need to fumigate my goddamn truck or what
Seriously.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27307 on: September 11, 2013, 02:04:27 am »

Seriously.
So the mosquitos have decided to colonize my car. Just flip me the finger while I get the bug spray that they've become immune too, why don't you?
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27308 on: September 11, 2013, 04:39:29 am »

I misread the due dates on two of my three assignments. I should get two of them in on time but the third is going to be at least a day late.

I hate it when I do this.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #27309 on: September 11, 2013, 11:29:59 am »

Playing Tribes: Ascend, our team gets the fifth cap and we win. I'm feeling happy about this, then I look at my accolades and notice that I don't have the Won Match one, then I look at the team roster, and notice that the auto balance swapped me over to the enemy team the same second we got our final cap. So I was switched to the losing team the moment we won.

GG Tribes. GG.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27310 on: September 11, 2013, 12:09:59 pm »

What kind of bug bites?

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27311 on: September 11, 2013, 12:12:22 pm »

Playing Tribes: Ascend, our team gets the fifth cap and we win. I'm feeling happy about this, then I look at my accolades and notice that I don't have the Won Match one, then I look at the team roster, and notice that the auto balance swapped me over to the enemy team the same second we got our final cap. So I was switched to the losing team the moment we won.

GG Tribes. GG.
*feels*

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27312 on: September 11, 2013, 12:15:54 pm »

A teacher made me rage in class today.

See we are supposed to have a class session day, and a lab session day. 4 hours each.  Instead we just get 2 lecture class sessions with a little time at the end for a lab.  All well and reasonable as most teachers have short proof of concept labs.  She has 8 part labs that require a 2 page paper writeup at the end that must be written during class session.

Today she told us that we would have a 30 minute lecture and then the rest of the time would be lab.  A 3 hour 15 minute lecture later we started on the lab.  We are supposed to be on lab 3, as it's 3 weeks into the course.  NOBODY (seriously nobody) has finished lab 1 yet. 

Her labs are 3 times longer than every other teacher's labs and on top of that we need to write a 1-2 page paper with graphs and tables with information from the lab, no other teacher does this, not even for the same class from what I know of from friends, but she claims the school requires it.

Also her expected answer to the labs are frequently wrong, as she has clearly not done these labs herself, and the instruments are often being used in ways not really intended, so they give bizzare readings.  If our readings are too far off from hers, for a single part, the entire lab gets an F. But I think I went over that in the WTF thread already, because I have her for another class where the same rules apply.

-----------
When class ended today and nobody still finished the first lab 3 weeks after it was due, she stood in front of the class and said that We are going too slow, and that if we contnue at this pace we will all get Fs because she has 12 labs assigned and we need to have all 12 complete by the end she will make "No exceptions".  And that students still on Lab 1 or 2 should go to the open lab on friday.

I lost it.  I stood up and went off on her.  I stood up and asked "How many people in this room have finished the first Lab"  And when nobody raised their hands, I asked the teacher.  What it tells her, that none of her students have finished ANY lab assignments 3 weeks after the first one was assigned.  She is the only teacher with this problem.   

I told her that if she wants anyone to do those 12 labs she needs to give us more than 45 minutes a week to complete 4 hours worth of lab work. Yes there is a school run open lab on fridays at noon til 2.  But that is for the occasional student that failed to finish on time, not an entire class, some folks work on fridays, and not only that, that just ups our time to 2 and a half hours to finish a 4 hour lab per week.

After my little angry speech (which the teacher and students of the next class heard because they had to delay their class while we cleaned up) the teacher said that she will try to give us more lab time in the future.

I can't believe this is even necessary.  This is the only teacher I have ever openly told off in class in my life.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2013, 12:19:45 pm by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27313 on: September 11, 2013, 12:18:19 pm »

I'd honestly consider reporting her to her superiors for exceptionally poor quality teaching. That sounds like absolute bullshit. She's simple NOT doing her job at this poitn.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27314 on: September 11, 2013, 12:19:53 pm »

Usually, in real life not internet, I am rather non-confrontational... but in this case I am sort of on your side on this.

I assume this is college university? Since otherwise things would have been much worse.
Pages: 1 ... 1819 1820 [1821] 1822 1823 ... 3345