Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1818 1819 [1820] 1821 1822 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689187 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27285 on: September 10, 2013, 02:19:07 am »

I'm not really sure what I just removed, but I've been in here twice today.  I'd appreciate it if people would chill out for a moment and reflect on what they are doing and so on.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: "And now say I RAEG" Edition
« Reply #27286 on: September 10, 2013, 09:36:51 am »

So after finally fixing the problem with Photoshop I'm now being enraged by the tablet being a pissy bastard and having problems with it's connection cable as it seems that certain positions of the cable make it lose connection with the PC. This means that after fiddling to get it to connect again I have to restard Photoshop since the tablet won't work properly otherwise.

Fucking hell, I just want to paint, is that so much to ask :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27287 on: September 10, 2013, 10:42:47 am »

Debian... why do you hate me so?

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27288 on: September 10, 2013, 12:03:22 pm »

Debian... why do you hate me so?
Apply hammer to the distro admins then call me later.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27289 on: September 10, 2013, 05:58:20 pm »

Ugh, horrible day. Was really hot, I managed to forget to put on deodorant this morning and felt really awkward about it all day. Because of bad sleep issues I was half asleep for math class, and have I mentioned this teacher is a really horrible lecturer? I mean he seems to generally know what he's talking about, but he doesn't seem to have much in the way of a detailed lecture plan apart from "lecture these parts of the book today", he stutters a lot and stumbles over his words, he speaks quietly, he's really not good at keeping the class involved, and does a variety of other things that could be done better.
In addition I think the lectures really don't cover anywhere near enough of the coursework. Though this may be more of a time constraints thing than any fault on the part of the teacher.

Also, I'm trying to do some homework right now, and for some reason my brain just really doesn't want to do math. I try to focus and think but it's all just too fuzzy and refuses to function properly. I mean the spirit is willing, but the mind is all just "bleh". Maybe I need more sugar, I noticed last time when I ate a bag of sugary sweets I found myself able to focus and think much better. I just don't think I have any in the house, and I already tried to make my diet carb heavy.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27290 on: September 10, 2013, 06:01:58 pm »

Tip: If you want to get through the day without deodorant... it IS possible!

The key is that you WILL need to clean your arm pits at least once.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27291 on: September 10, 2013, 06:18:53 pm »

In my psych class today, I had a group of people infront of me conversing loudly about the new iPhone 5s and 5c release. I couldn't hear my professor because her mic died 5 minutes into the lecture. They were so excited about how it was "so much better" than the iPhone 5 and how it's "the best phone EVER!" and such. Seriously, it's the iPhone 5 with ever so slightly upgraded hardware, a 64 bit processor (which I doubt is even necessary/will even be utilized fully) and a fingerprint scanner. As to the "best phone ever" argument, that's personal preference. If you feel like you need to be an apple fanboy, don't go graze with the rest of the herd in the middle of my psych lecture 2 days before our first test.

PS: I have an iPhone myself, I'm not flaming people that have/enjoy iPhones, I'm just saying that they were being the epitome of apple fanboys, and ruining my lecture (as well as the people around me... they didn't write down any notes either).
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #27292 on: September 10, 2013, 06:27:20 pm »

I love iPhones. They gain such beautiful patterns of spiderwebbed cracks when they are inevitably dropped. Hehe, now I'm remembering one of the bright moments of work last summer. We were out on a charter cruise, some group of school-aged children, probably around 10-13 years old for the most part. Naturally, half of them have fucking smartphones (good job parents, that sure was essential). A bit after the halfway point I'm on bow watch with another of the 'hands, which basically amounts to us chilling out and watching for snags that could do nasty things to us. I glance up and see something catch the light as it plummets from the upper deck, bouncing twice off the bare iron of the bow.

An iPhone. I'm not savvy on the ways of the Appleites, so I have no idea what model, but that hardly matters because it was in pieces. Part of the case went into the river, the screen was a maze of cracks, the SIM card landed a good two meters away. I and my co-worker just turn and look at each other before cracking up.

I suppose that's a bit cruel, but it was hilarious at the time, and remarkably cathartic, considering what the little rotters had been up to. Me? I've got a $10 Tracphone that has never steered me wrong, and which easily replaced (and had minutes transferred from) the old $10 Tracphone that went through the wash.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #27293 on: September 10, 2013, 06:41:02 pm »

I'm all about the smartphone hate, but after work gave me one, I have to admit it's pretty useful. At least for an adult doing adult things. I can barely manage to read forums on it though, it is definitely not my preferred medium for reading shit online. I generally only use it browse when I have no other options for entertaining myself....or I need to look like I'm doing something.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #27294 on: September 10, 2013, 06:57:06 pm »

I'm all about the smartphone hate, but after work gave me one, I have to admit it's pretty useful. At least for an adult doing adult things. I can barely manage to read forums on it though, it is definitely not my preferred medium for reading shit online. I generally only use it browse when I have no other options for entertaining myself....or I need to look like I'm doing something.
When I steal other people's smart phones to check the forums, I always go for Androids. They're great for browsing wall text.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27295 on: September 10, 2013, 07:16:13 pm »

I like smartphones because they are great for reading fanfiction and the plan I was in had a higher cap then my current internet provider.  So I could watch lots of youtube on it.
Other then that I think they are completely useless, and I much prefer old flip phones.  That can actually survive being in the washing machine.  (Unlike a certain Android phone)
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #27296 on: September 10, 2013, 07:17:19 pm »

All I'll ever need is a rock solid Nokia that can text, call and has either Snake or Sudoku on it, playing music is a welcome option but not mandatory. Smartphones are completely and utterly useless for me :S
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #27297 on: September 10, 2013, 08:05:13 pm »

They're a godsend when you're sitting on the curb in a major city and need a hotel room, a rental car and directions to some place 45 minutes away.

If my life didn't include any of that, meh. I could live without it. Although now I'm unfortunately in the habit of texting people, something I flat out didn't and wouldn't do 2 years ago.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27298 on: September 10, 2013, 08:26:48 pm »

So I slept until 11 am today.
I was supposed to be in school at 8:30. Why do these things need sleep again?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27299 on: September 10, 2013, 09:10:26 pm »

There was a group of pot-smoking, thieving, heretical deviants shoplifting from and vandalizing the grocery store I go to as they chose to "blaze a j" inside the store while stealing various food and sundry items. I wanted to take up vigilantism as a result but thought better of it and instead gave my condolences and utmost sympathies to the cashiers as I made my purchases this afternoon.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.
Pages: 1 ... 1818 1819 [1820] 1821 1822 ... 3345