Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1816 1817 [1818] 1819 1820 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3688665 times)

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SOFAKING DEEP Edition
« Reply #27255 on: September 08, 2013, 06:44:15 pm »

Does anyone OTHER then me dislike Jeans? Like... period?

They are just so heavy and inflexible.
... the weight is true, but I kinda' like that. I haven't worn inflexible jeans (at least, not like after a day of wearing them or a cycle through the washing machine), though. I also haven't really worn a fitting pair of clothes in... ever, though. More or less. Most of the stuff I've got is at least a size large. Jeans also seem a bit more capable of concealing the pocket contents than... lighter material. Which is kinda' a consideration for me, since I tend to be carrying a good pound or two of junk in them.

I like my clothes loose, really. Feels constraining when stuff's actually, like. Tight or well sitting or whatever. If it were socially acceptable I'd totes just wear a bath/house robe around everywhere. Maybe a light shirt and reasonable underclothes, but not much else.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Knight of Fools

• Bay Watcher
  • From Start to Beginning
    • View Profile
    • Knight of Fools
« Reply #27256 on: September 08, 2013, 06:47:13 pm »

Paid my insurance bill online with my bank (My bank provides my auto insurance).

Bank says, "Okay, the transaction will go through tomorrow!" Next day, get an email telling me that my payment is overdue. Scratch my head, find no indication that my payment went through so I try to pay it again. Later that night, they charged me twice.

On the upside, I don't have to pay my next insurance bill. So... yayyyy.
Proud Member of the Zombie Horse Executioner Squad. "This Horse ain't quite dead yet."

I don't have a British accent, but I still did a YouTube.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27257 on: September 08, 2013, 08:33:53 pm »

Does anyone OTHER then me dislike Jeans? Like... period?

They are just so heavy and inflexible.

I dislike Jeans too, but it's mainly because I prefer something more loose and with more ventilation.
And that, is why I wear shorts in Michigan winter.

Whenever I shop for my own jeans i have a tendency to end up with jeans 2 sizes too big because the "right" size feels like its strangling my legs. =_=
I don't like them particularly, but they are the absolute best thing for when you're kneeling in gravel, covered in grease, while working on a machine.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #27258 on: September 08, 2013, 08:47:29 pm »

My only real complaint about jeans is that they tend to be a little stiff and rough. Soft jeans are awesome, though.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27259 on: September 08, 2013, 08:49:21 pm »

My complaint about jeans is that it's pretty much impossible to get ones that are both

a. tough and reasonably baggy, actually comfortable

and

b. cute.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27260 on: September 09, 2013, 01:42:45 am »

I hate jeans, I hate them so bad.

I wear super-baggy cargo pants, because I love having hundreds of pockets and don't care how I look.
My wife makes fun of me for it, but it's hilarious because I can carry about 90% of the things she needs before having to actually use my hands for anything.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27261 on: September 09, 2013, 02:13:05 am »

Eeeesh. For all that I rarely leave my house, I am actually rather vain about the clothes I wear- jeans for me. Always. Or something cool like fisher pants or zebra-patterned harem pants, I guess. :P
I used to always just go for the skinniest jeans I could find, but recently a while ago I was shopping for jeans and the only men's pairs they had in my (tiny) size were mid-rise straight leg. I tried a pair of those on. Epiphany. 

Now I have two pairs of mid-rise straight leg jeans, the black ones I wear whenever and the blue ones I wear when I need to go someplace and have some vestige of confidence. (I don't do too well in public situations/open spaces/crowds, in case you didn't guess.)
Seriously, they are like Pants of Power. I don't know why but they just feel awesome to wear.

Shirt-wise, I don't know. The only real shirt-issue I have is that size small t-shirts usually fit me well, apart from the too-short arms. :-\
Long sleeves fix that, though. And you can always just roll 'em up around the elbows.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27262 on: September 09, 2013, 02:18:57 am »

harem pants
Blargh... can't believe those things became popular again. They plagued my older sister and now they are back to plague me. I just find them so incredibly ugly I'd rather have people walk around in towels :p

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27263 on: September 09, 2013, 02:25:49 am »

Oh man, I thought they were talking about sarouelles =[  Those are the best.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27264 on: September 09, 2013, 02:31:14 am »

Clothes are. They're both an utility and fashion item, and for me the first is more important than the second.

* LordSlowpoke recalls a -30 degree winter a few years back when multilayered coats and a blanket on top were the only way to get anywhere

Robes are sort of nice though. Easy as hell to make in whatever variation you want, and you barely ever to need to wear anything else if you took a weather-appropriate one.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #27265 on: September 09, 2013, 02:34:11 am »

Yeah and robes don't have a penalty to spellcasting.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27266 on: September 09, 2013, 03:58:01 am »

RE: Pants.

I'm pretty darned twiggy, so it's hard to find pants that cover my legs, without being so loose they fall off. As a result, I usually opt for fairly close-fitting pants when I'm going around town, which have the added benefit of showing off my butt (which, as a few ladyfriends have informed me, is a pretty nice butt, as butts go).

When I'm not busy trying to be all attractive and shit, like when lounging around or working at home, I prefer loose pants/shorts and a belt. I like to carry a small notebook and pencil with me for writing and sketching, so I prefer large, loose pockets. I like heavier blue jeans for their versatility; warm enough to wear in a snowstorm, heavy enough to protect your legs and not tear easily, able to match easily with other clothes, and blue (which is objectively the best color).

Speaking of which, I got rid of a bunch of old clothes during my last move, and I haven't yet replaced them. Going to have to budget a trip to the thrift store soon, methinks.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27267 on: September 09, 2013, 04:25:38 am »

harem pants
Blargh... can't believe those things became popular again. They plagued my older sister and now they are back to plague me. I just find them so incredibly ugly I'd rather have people walk around in towels :p

Popular? I had no idea, they certainly aren't around here.
I just needed zebra pants and the only ones available to me were of the 'harem' variety. They just look like pants with inexplicable buttons, to me.

I would have preferred stretch skinnies with a zebra pattern, but these are pretty cool anyway.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #27268 on: September 09, 2013, 07:40:43 am »

I hate all programs that use the system language as their UI one, then don't let you change it to sensible English.

There is this one Android app that does this, and its Korean is horribly translated and also looks bad. Grrrr
It's a money tracking app, and the only alternative wants me to pay a bunch of money just to add another 'spreadsheet'.

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #27269 on: September 09, 2013, 10:05:09 am »

My throat hurts, my nose feels like it is full of concrete and every joint on my body feels sore. I've had to bash my head against a keyboard trying to understand Debian and FreeBSD and to top it off I woke up two hours before I had to because one of my shitty local newspapers decided they should give me a free sample of their waste of trees.

Today was an annoying day.

One bright spot though, my father had baked some bread and came over with a nice loaf to me :D
Pages: 1 ... 1816 1817 [1818] 1819 1820 ... 3345