Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1806 1807 [1808] 1809 1810 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3688788 times)

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SOFAKING DEEP Edition
« Reply #27105 on: September 03, 2013, 07:04:05 pm »

Many times have the devs and others said that there is no exact analogue between races in Elder Scrolls and real-life races but fuck that let's make argonians literally aztec

What's funny is that that kind of garb and architectural style was what the Imperials had, back in the early days of Elder Scrolls. Before it went all generic fantasy.

Quote from: Provinces of Tamriel
Cyrodiil is the cradle of Human Imperial high culture on Tamriel. It is the largest region of the continent, and most is endless jungle. The Imperial City is in the heartland, the fertile Nibenay Valley. The densely populated central valley is surrounded by wild rain forests drained by great rivers into the swamps of Argonia and Topal Bay. The land rises gradually to the west and sharply to the north. Between its western coast and its central valley are deciduous forests and mangrove swamps.

But then again, there was no "Imperial" race back then either. Instead, it was a cultural group made up of a cosmopolitan mix of all the peoples.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 07:16:15 pm by Solifuge »

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27106 on: September 03, 2013, 07:17:39 pm »

According to my fiancee, Elder Scrolls Online is either non-canon or doesn't even exist, depending on how good a mood she's in.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27107 on: September 03, 2013, 07:20:36 pm »

My mom becomes totally unbearable when my dad leaves and is unwilling to admit that anything is different.  It's driving me kind of crazy, because it's not my fault that she's chosen to make no friends outside the household in her 17 years of living in this area.

EDIT: And if I say I want to move out a couple days early, she'll kick up such a fight about my being "cruel and cold and abusive" that it won't be worth it.  *sigh*

God, I miss college.  At least my GM is starting up the Mad Scientists RPG again today, and I'll be coming back in in a couple weeks.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2013, 07:27:51 pm by Vector »
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #27108 on: September 03, 2013, 07:24:38 pm »

According to my fiancee, Elder Scrolls Online is either non-canon or doesn't even exist, depending on how good a mood she's in.
So it's just WoW?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27109 on: September 03, 2013, 07:28:50 pm »

While I'm unsure of societal context, I'm pretty sure thet one's father calling one a 'man with a vagina on her forehead' is an insult.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27110 on: September 03, 2013, 07:35:44 pm »

By the way, in case anyone is interested, I'm not having kids.  If this is what it does to you, then no.  Someone else who actually wants sex can repopulate the human race.  I'm going to spend my days making beautiful things and being kind to the adults who are already here, because fuck our cultural narratives of selfishness and self-sacrifice.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #27111 on: September 03, 2013, 07:35:54 pm »

Many times have the devs and others said that there is no exact analogue between races in Elder Scrolls and real-life races but fuck that let's make argonians literally aztec

Total rip off of the Lizardman in the temple of Cazic-Thule in Everquest.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27112 on: September 03, 2013, 07:37:59 pm »

By the way, in case anyone is interested, I'm not having kids.  If this is what it does to you, then no.  Someone else who actually wants sex can repopulate the human race.  I'm going to spend my days making beautiful things and being kind to the adults who are already here, because fuck our cultural narratives of selfishness and self-sacrifice.
A notable sentiment that I may follow. If I reproduce it will be by cloning.
Sig! Onol

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27113 on: September 03, 2013, 08:10:06 pm »

No plans on having children until we figure out that whole "immortality" thing. No way am I bringing a life into the world just for it to die in 80 some-odd years. Seems cruel. :I
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #27114 on: September 03, 2013, 08:18:50 pm »

I always imagined eldritch abominations reproduced by budding.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27115 on: September 03, 2013, 08:43:12 pm »

I always imagined eldritch abominations reproduced by budding.
Human body. I got trapped in it some time ago due to extenuatiing circumstances.
Sig! Onol

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27116 on: September 03, 2013, 08:47:33 pm »

No plans on having children until we figure out that whole "immortality" thing. No way am I bringing a life into the world just for it to die in 80 some-odd years. Seems cruel. :I
Do eeeet. Immortality would be awesome.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27117 on: September 03, 2013, 08:48:31 pm »

Do eeeet. Immortality would be awesome.
Invent nanoscale superglue
Apply to telomeres
Done, or from what I can remember done.
Sig! Onol

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #27118 on: September 03, 2013, 09:11:21 pm »

I like your fiance. She can stay at my castle whenever you visit Sweden,
Love, scriver~

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27119 on: September 03, 2013, 09:26:29 pm »

I will get my Black Marsh game if I have to become rich and buy the IP myself.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 1806 1807 [1808] 1809 1810 ... 3345