Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1804 1805 [1806] 1807 1808 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689251 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SOFAKING DEEP Edition
« Reply #27075 on: September 02, 2013, 10:22:58 pm »

Perhaps worst part is that they don't even have theirs. They have an illusion that they have theirs, when in reality they are placing us all in danger.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27076 on: September 02, 2013, 10:25:58 pm »

Oh, what I wouldn't give to be able to sit all the anti-vaccers down in one place and either, a) teach them a bit about basic biology and chemistry [no, there is no antifreeze in vaccines. It wouldn't help, really,] and logic [correlation!=causation], or, failing that, b) fire them into the sun from a rail cannon for attempting to bring back polio.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27077 on: September 02, 2013, 10:28:26 pm »

Oh, what I wouldn't give to be able to sit all the anti-vaccers down in one place and either, a) teach them a bit about basic biology and chemistry [no, there is no antifreeze in vaccines. It wouldn't help, really,] and logic [correlation!=causation], or, failing that, b) fire them into the sun from a rail cannon for attempting to bring back polio.
How about introducing the antivaccers to polio?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27078 on: September 02, 2013, 10:31:07 pm »

How about introducing the antivaccers to polio?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Nah. Then they'd just harp on us for not having polio like FDR. Don't you want to be like FDR, one of the greatest presidents EVAR?

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27079 on: September 02, 2013, 10:31:54 pm »

That would be unwise, if deliciously ironic. The main threat the anti-vaccers pose is that they risk breaking our hard-won heard immunity if there are too many of them.
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27080 on: September 02, 2013, 10:35:55 pm »

The worst part of it is that it won't even be them. Most of them got shots long, long before they got caught up in all the madness. It'll be their kids, who don't really have a say in the matter for another dozen years or so.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27081 on: September 02, 2013, 10:39:16 pm »

Turns out someone I thought was a friend is an antivaccer. God fuckin' damn it. I knew she'd been slipping into a bit of anti-establishment woo, but the sort of arguments she's putting forth? The whole "fuck you, I've got mine" mentality that these rabid antivaccers are always pushing?

Yeah, I currently live with two Free Energy Libertarian Anti-Establishment Anti-Vaccine "The Fluoride In The Water Will Kill You" Guns Guns Guns Lets Go Back To The Barter System And Have An Armed Rebellion types. It's fun times.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27082 on: September 02, 2013, 10:42:09 pm »

Turns out someone I thought was a friend is an antivaccer. God fuckin' damn it. I knew she'd been slipping into a bit of anti-establishment woo, but the sort of arguments she's putting forth? The whole "fuck you, I've got mine" mentality that these rabid antivaccers are always pushing?

Yeah, I currently live with two Free Energy Libertarian Anti-Establishment Anti-Vaccine "The Fluoride In The Water Will Kill You" Guns Guns Guns Lets Go Back To The Barter System And Have An Armed Rebellion types. It's fun times.

. . . Oh my god.

That was nearly my housing option, too, but I decided to live with the person with boundary issues instead because I was pretty sure the other situation was going to result in casualties.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27083 on: September 02, 2013, 10:45:16 pm »

What's wrong Vector, don't you want to hear my 20,000 page thesis on how we'll form militias town-by-town and take America back from the liberal Marxist scum? You know, Ron Paul really should have been President, it's practically a conspiracy that he wasn't nominated.
No Gods, No Masters.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27084 on: September 02, 2013, 10:49:18 pm »

Oh god.

Guys.

MSH is one of them.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27085 on: September 02, 2013, 10:50:28 pm »

All these years I have waited, and now you are far too late to stop me from reporting you traitors to the only Legitimate Constitutional Authority that has ever existed: the armed mob.
No Gods, No Masters.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27086 on: September 02, 2013, 10:51:58 pm »

All these years I have waited, and now you are far too late to stop me from reporting you traitors to the only Legitimate Constitutional Authority that has ever existed: the armed mob.

HAIL SATAN ALLAH MARX LIBERTARIANISM UH. THE PEOPLE?
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #27087 on: September 02, 2013, 10:56:03 pm »

Can't you see that taxes are basically armed robbery? Remember to help out your local Libertarian Party candidates, by the true will of the people we'll get them in the White House sooner than you think! Invisiblehandmarketforcestwoaxisfreedomsoverigncitizenruggedindividualisi-

* MSHbot begins to spark.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #27088 on: September 02, 2013, 10:56:49 pm »

If you have 5000 people to give to me I'll rent myself out as a diety.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27089 on: September 02, 2013, 10:57:12 pm »

HAIL RON PAUL.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 1804 1805 [1806] 1807 1808 ... 3345