Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1802 1803 [1804] 1805 1806 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689828 times)

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SOFAKING DEEP Edition
« Reply #27045 on: August 31, 2013, 10:05:29 pm »

Hnnnng, I've designed myself into one hell of a corner. The simplest formula for (the nearest equivalent to) Armor Class in this game is so complicated that even I can't excuse it by saying the computer can calculate it on the fly. At least, that I've worked out so far and that doesn't break the RNG.

Don't ask me why the Skill thing is necessary, leaving it out somehow makes everything worse.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Oh, right, I remember now. I need it to equal Agility * Level + a skew factor to account for skill (approaching 1 as skill approaches infinity), and it's that latter that's screwing me up thanks to integer division.

EDIT: Fuck everything, it's all opposed rolls now. Even environmental stuff. DCs now automatically scale properly.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 11:18:24 pm by Bauglir »
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27046 on: September 01, 2013, 01:58:18 pm »

UGA lost against fucking Clemson, which might as well be a team of the fucking yokels from deliverance. No amount of Gurley could save our shit line.

Also, Georgia Tech won it's first game 70-9 against a school I assume to be Saint Mary's Girl's School for the Blind and Deaf.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27047 on: September 01, 2013, 02:08:53 pm »

Today's rage: tumblr kiddies making RP accounts of mathematician characters and posting pages full of what appears to be random, contextless equations.

Mostly it's that I thought it was an actual mathematics blog for a couple moments.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27048 on: September 01, 2013, 04:16:59 pm »

Today's rage: tumblr kiddies making RP accounts of mathematician characters and posting pages full of what appears to be random, contextless equations.

Mostly it's that I thought it was an actual mathematics blog for a couple moments.
Wat.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27049 on: September 01, 2013, 04:24:36 pm »

If I teach a class, ask some kid why she wants to be a mathematician, and she says "I got really into RPing Hermann Gottlieb," I think I might just punch her out.

(Not really, I'd actually just laugh awkwardly.  But I would be gobsmacked)
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27050 on: September 01, 2013, 04:27:51 pm »

But... RPing real people?
Not only that, but real people who are known for something completely unrelated to interpersonal social interaction.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27051 on: September 01, 2013, 04:35:59 pm »

Not gonna lie, I would play the hell out of a dating sim of famous mathematicians in their (physical) prime.

Possibly with different editions for famous astronomers, biologists, physicists, etc.

I would so totally go to town on Sagan.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27052 on: September 01, 2013, 04:39:13 pm »

They aren't real people, just characters who are mathematicians as seen by 16-year-old girls.

Not gonna lie, I would play the hell out of a dating sim of famous mathematicians in their (physical) prime.

Possibly with different editions for famous astronomers, biologists, physicists, etc.

. . . When I learn to draw, I might actually do this.  Newton is the most tsundere man who ever tsun'd.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27053 on: September 01, 2013, 04:41:16 pm »

They aren't real people, just characters who are mathematicians as seen by 16-year-old girls.

. . . When I learn to draw, I might actually do this.  Newton is the most tsundere man who ever tsun'd.
When I learn to program, we are collaborating on this. BEST IDEA 2013.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #27054 on: September 01, 2013, 04:50:17 pm »

When I learn to program, we are collaborating on this. BEST IDEA 2013.
Bay12 Forums: We brainstorm dating sims so you don't have to

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27055 on: September 01, 2013, 08:57:37 pm »

Can you please go make a thread in Creative Projects right this very moment? I would love that so hard.

http://www.renpy.org/ here, I will even fling links at you that will allow you to do this project without as much trouble as doing it from scratch. Do it!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27056 on: September 01, 2013, 09:06:27 pm »

LOL, I'm putting it on my to-do list.  Thinking about what sorts of things to do. . . I've actually been pretty inspired by the Phoenix Wright philosophy game, which makes me think that such a thing might be possible.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27057 on: September 01, 2013, 09:56:13 pm »

LOL, I'm putting it on my to-do list.  Thinking about what sorts of things to do. . . I've actually been pretty inspired by the Phoenix Wright philosophy game, which makes me think that such a thing might be possible.

Then make a thread that says "I'm going to do this in six months or so." It sounds like one of those projects that I really don't want to die in the idea stages xD

To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27058 on: September 01, 2013, 11:05:45 pm »

Ohh yeah I forgot this.

My friend bought me my birthday cake for my birthday (He was given a budget so it would be a surprise party)

It turned out he was ripped off because I could tell just by tasting it that they used cake mix... I didn't say anything of course.

The odd thing is that my other friends said things like "I just like normal cake for my birthdays" when the thing is... that was normal birthday cake.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27059 on: September 01, 2013, 11:11:41 pm »

Then make a thread that says "I'm going to do this in six months or so." It sounds like one of those projects that I really don't want to die in the idea stages xD

Haha.  Okay, I'm making it ;_;

Pages: 1 ... 1802 1803 [1804] 1805 1806 ... 3345