Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1801 1802 [1803] 1804 1805 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689659 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Porcelain Ethics Edition
« Reply #27030 on: August 31, 2013, 03:33:24 pm »

People playing electric guitars and apparently not understanding that yes, they're responsible for being in tune.

Good lord, it feels like my shoulders are trying to crawl into my ears.

thank god you're here i urgently need seemingly deep but nonsense if examined phrases and for some reason i think you will be able to provide a waterfall of these with no effort if you dig into the mountains of stupid shit you get to hear

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27031 on: August 31, 2013, 03:35:11 pm »

. . . What?

I wasn't trying to be deep.  I'm just annoyed. . .
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27032 on: August 31, 2013, 03:36:21 pm »

. . . What?

I wasn't trying to be deep.  I'm just annoyed. . .

Your anger is ambrosia for philosophers and thinkers, it seems!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27033 on: August 31, 2013, 03:36:49 pm »

i am completely honest with the urgency of my seemingly deep phrasing vector

the fact you'd assume i'd be lying with that is a thinly veiled insult

what am i to make a new thread for something i'd need for five minutes tops

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27034 on: August 31, 2013, 03:39:00 pm »

But that wasn't supposed to be deep.  And it's not nonsense, either!  How the fuck can you get away with making a cover for a song, with the song playing in the background, where you're multiple semitones off true?  This is the result of irresponsible teaching, because seriously, you can't play the melody out of tune and slide in a half-note too low to the final note, that is just disgusting.

I am DISTURBED by this fact.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27035 on: August 31, 2013, 03:39:52 pm »

But that wasn't supposed to be deep.  And it's not nonsense, either!  How the fuck can you get away with making a cover for a song, with the song playing in the background, where you're multiple semitones off true?  This is the result of irresponsible teaching, because seriously, you can't play the melody out of tune and slide in a half-note too low to the final note, that is just disgusting.

I DID NOT EVEN ASSUME IT WAS DEEP WHAT THE CHRIST

fuck it, to tumblr i go

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27036 on: August 31, 2013, 03:42:28 pm »

Oh, you're looking for things that look deep but are actually nonsensical, and the attachment to my original statement is that I look like a person who is easily annoyed?

I recommend trawling fanfiction.net for yaoi written by 13-year-old girls.  That always does the trick for me.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27038 on: August 31, 2013, 04:24:41 pm »

I have a very large quantity of rather dull revision homework. It's annoying.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: SOFAKING DEEP Edition
« Reply #27039 on: August 31, 2013, 04:29:24 pm »

Schools, why don't you just let me tell you what my test scores are, and then I can pay money to send them to you afterwards? That'd be much cheaper. >:(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Willfor

• Bay Watcher
  • The great magmaman adventurer. I do it for hugs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27040 on: August 31, 2013, 07:20:09 pm »

Man, I always wondered why most things that teach electric guitar stress always tuning the instrument. The semitones thing is probably bad playing, but having a string being half a note off is something you should audibly be able to hear as you're playing, especially if there's distortion involved.

(distortion makes it easy to hear tuning problems because of icky sounding oscillations)
In the wells of livestock vans with shells and garden sands /
Iron mixed with oxygen as per the laws of chemistry and chance /
A shape was roughly human, it was only roughly human /
Apparition eyes / Apparition eyes / Knock, apparition, knock / Eyes, apparition eyes /

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27041 on: August 31, 2013, 07:24:42 pm »

It wasn't poorly tuned, it's that the person apparently had great fingering/rhythm but couldn't figure out they were playing the melody too low or high.  Relative rather than perfect pitch, I guess?  The phrase was almost always in tune with itself, but they'd get to different parts of the song and it was obvious that it just kind of didn't make sense.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27042 on: August 31, 2013, 07:40:50 pm »

It's mostly just people with perfect pitch or a lot of practice who'll notice that they're playing in the wrong key.

I can usually tell if a song (being played, not played back as recorded) is in the wrong key and my brother notices a vague difference, as far as I can tell (I've never actually told him he's being experimented on)

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27043 on: August 31, 2013, 07:47:10 pm »

No, see, it wasn't one wrong key. . . it was a whole lot of different incorrect keys.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #27044 on: August 31, 2013, 07:48:02 pm »

*twitch*

Someone needs to learn their chord progressions, I guess.
Pages: 1 ... 1801 1802 [1803] 1804 1805 ... 3345