Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1800 1801 [1802] 1803 1804 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689895 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Porcelain Ethics Edition
« Reply #27015 on: August 30, 2013, 06:13:51 pm »

It's not -that- impressive when you realize that compressed air is just another type of battery that just so happens to be used in other circumstances. Energy storage!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27016 on: August 30, 2013, 06:39:47 pm »

Aye. You put a blessed match in front of the spray nozzle.*

*Warning: Do not actually do this. Also, I'm not entirely sure what would happen to begin with. Most of the times I've seen that trick pulled it was with other spraying stuff. Like hairspray.
It burns mostly the same way, but slightly less vigorously.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27017 on: August 30, 2013, 06:52:42 pm »

I hate my life.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27018 on: August 30, 2013, 08:38:05 pm »

I forgot just how shitty this hotel's Internet service is when it comes to YouTube.

Every other site loads just fine. Even other video hosting sites. But 90% of the time, YouTube spits out a generic "error has occurred" message and refuses to load the video I'm attempting to watch. The only solution seems to be "refresh and pray".

9% of the time, the video will load and start to play...for about 10 seconds. Then it crashes and gives another error. Fuggin hell, I'd rather sit at the boring terminal all day long - at least that place has good Internet service!
« Last Edit: August 30, 2013, 08:43:44 pm by Sirus »
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27019 on: August 30, 2013, 08:50:22 pm »

take dis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=totallylegithash

and turn it into dis

http://www.youtube.com/v/totallylegithash

i'm fairly sure they're consciously interfering with youtube because fuck your shit

the above redirects you to a googleapis thing that should bypass their shenanigans

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27020 on: August 30, 2013, 09:06:51 pm »

...Holy crap. I had doubts about your claims of wizardry, but all of those are gone now :o
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27021 on: August 30, 2013, 10:43:25 pm »

My mother seems to have a perpetual hard-on for medication, and in particular me being overly-medicated. She doesn't think I can handle life without medication and she has no faith in my ability to deal with my Depression, my PTSD or anything on my own without it.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #27022 on: August 31, 2013, 12:00:00 am »

So, somebody didn't come in for their shift today. As a consequence, people had to fill in for them in addition to their other responsibilities. At the end of the shift, apparently nobody bothered. This was the last set of deliveries this person would have to have made, and myself and several coworkers all depend on this particular delivery being timely in order to get done with our own shifts on time. About 20 minutes before the end of the shift, we hear that nobody's picked up the medications from IV Admixtures that need to be delivered to us. We call the central pharmacy, where this delivery is supposed to originate, and nobody answers the phone. We call IV Admixtures again, they send somebody over to check it out. Keep in mind, they're on the other side of the hospital, a good 10 to 15 minute walk away, or else we'd be checking on them ourselves.

There are two people sitting in the pharmacy chatting. Apparently, not only did they ignore the ringing phone, they ignored the cart full of drugs that needed to be delivered. And decided to have a nice conversation instead. When the IV Admixtures guy got in there, they asked him if he was supposed to be doing rounds (which he wound up doing for some reason). Everyone gets to stay late because of the delay, and it's only luck that there was nothing time-sensitive on this round of deliveries.

What the fucking fuck. This is a hospital, you fuckers. You don't slack off because the job that needs doing isn't officially part of your shift description. You get the job done, because that is how you fucking take care of patients!
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27023 on: August 31, 2013, 12:30:57 am »

Please tell me they were fired, or at the VERY FUCKING LEAST reprimanded.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #27024 on: August 31, 2013, 01:15:33 am »

Nah, we don't have supervisors here this late. I'll find out by Monday. Complaints have been filed, at any rate.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #27025 on: August 31, 2013, 03:28:23 am »

-snip-
I've seen similar stuff happen. Sadly enough, hospitals are not exempt from people slacking off or trying to wriggle out of doing their jobs.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #27026 on: August 31, 2013, 04:01:37 am »

But.. greentext means putting a ">" in front of it...
Greentext is green though.
That's what they want you to believe.

Must... Not... Sig...
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27027 on: August 31, 2013, 11:44:19 am »

take dis

and turn it into dis

i'm fairly sure they're consciously interfering with youtube because fuck your shit

the above redirects you to a googleapis thing that should bypass their shenanigans
I'm not clicking on those because it looks like you're trying to sell us "totally legit" hash.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27028 on: August 31, 2013, 11:46:28 am »

take dis

and turn it into dis

I'm not clicking on those because it looks like you're trying to sell us "totally legit" hash.

wizards gotta keep themselves afloat in this economy yo

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27029 on: August 31, 2013, 03:30:34 pm »

People playing electric guitars and apparently not understanding that yes, they're responsible for being in tune.

Good lord, it feels like my shoulders are trying to crawl into my ears.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 1800 1801 [1802] 1803 1804 ... 3345