Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1792 1793 [1794] 1795 1796 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691092 times)

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Porcelain Ethics Edition
« Reply #26895 on: August 22, 2013, 05:45:03 am »

Y'know, what the fuck LoL?

I fucking left one game in the middle, then reconnected within five minutes. Now I'm fucking autobanned for three days.

Nice big crock of bullshite if you ask me. Maybe windows 7 will stop me bloddy client from crashing, maybe not.
I guess you disconnected recently? O_o

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #26896 on: August 22, 2013, 04:21:16 pm »

I have most of the stories on this site somewhere. The trouble is I lost all my pictures (fffffffff) my contacts (FFFFFFFFFF) and a bunch of other things including a list of stuff I was reading.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUU

iPhone?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26898 on: August 22, 2013, 11:05:38 pm »

Because it's been a while since I last bothered to share any police rage...
I can always count on you to link something that will allow me to sink into sleep full of seething hatred, SG.

Wait, that probably sounded like an insult. It wasn't, honest.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #26899 on: August 23, 2013, 10:18:15 am »

Y'know, what the fuck LoL?

I fucking left one game in the middle, then reconnected within five minutes. Now I'm fucking autobanned for three days.

Nice big crock of bullshite if you ask me. Maybe windows 7 will stop me bloddy client from crashing, maybe not.

I guess you disconnected recently? O_o

They don't give too many hard details about banning, but the one thing they've said tons of times is that it's impossible to get banned for leaving one game.

And there's also no way you'd get banned for three days without getting a warning email or two first.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26900 on: August 23, 2013, 10:20:14 am »

I have another wonderful professor this semester. The guy teach poly sci. He opens the first class by asking how many of the students are freshmen (most of them, probably around 4/5 of the class, which cheers him immensely). He talks about how he loves teaching freshmen because he gets to be one of their first experiences in university. At this point, I would normally be thinking something along the lines of "fair enough", but I've been forewarned about him by people who have had him before.

At this point he starts talking about the last Ice Age, edging towards climate change in a truly painfully obvious way, ending on the note of, "Well, now, if global warming is only caused by the Industrial Revolution and SUVs, how did the Ice Age end?" No joke, that's word for word what he said. From there he segued into talking about propaganda, Goebbels, demagoguery, and how we have a responsibility as citizens to see through the lies propagated by the government and media. Followed by him quoting Bill O'Reilly verbatim, apparently from memory, without a trace of irony. If he had suddenly pulled a reveal at the end of the session, I would have called it one of the greatest pieces of satire I've ever seen.

Word from people I know is that the easiest way to get high marks on his paper assignments is to find a way to criticize Obama somehow, because that will distract him from the rest of the paper. One woman showed me one of her old papers where he had completely filled the margins of a page praising her for that, completely ignoring the gist of her argument.

On the flip side, he shot down someone who was advocating cultural relativism as a workable ethical system, but that's small potatoes compared to everything else. I mean, it's one thing for a professor to let traces of their opinions slip into what they teach, but it's another entirely for them to intentionally use the class to actively push their ideology. What happened to unbiased presentation of facts? >.<
Go to the head of the department, with a recording if possible. People like that shouldn't be teaching.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

da_nang

• Bay Watcher
  • Argonian Overlord
    • View Profile
« Reply #26901 on: August 23, 2013, 12:07:18 pm »

Not really rage, but annoyance:

ESO going P2P.

Sorry, but my disposable income per month isn't large enough to cover that 15$ sub + 60$ up front fee.
B2P or F2P, these I can manage. P2P just eats me out of the apartment.

Who knows, maybe this uni education will later provide enough disposable income but with the current employment market? That's a hail mary. Until then, this is one game I'll be missing out on. Oh well, at least there'll be EQN.
"Deliver yesterday, code today, think tomorrow."
Ceterum censeo Unionem Europaeam esse delendam.
Future supplanter of humanity.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26902 on: August 23, 2013, 12:17:26 pm »

Long day yesterday. There was a big barbecue to welcome the new students. I was told I was going to be helping, but after an hour of standing around in new shoes that haven't completely broken in yet, I contemplate leaving. And then I get a big pile of stuff to wash that takes me several hours to do. And at one point, the bitchy supervisor comes in, and starts inspecting things that haven't been touched in months, finds some saucers that were dirty, and somehow assumes it's my fault they're dirty. Then she stays for a few minutes watching me clean them.

And the day before, I getting ready to leave, and am told that there is "some cardboard" to take out to the dumpster. "Some cardboard" is actually a big pile of boxes that weren't flattened. I have only a few minutes before my bus comes, so I rush to get them out. I trip and nearly break a leg on the last run, tripping over something on the loading bay. Couldn't see it with what I was carrying, and didn't even notice it before when I wasn't carrying anything. I'm pretty sure I could have filed a lawsuit if I hurt myself there.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #26903 on: August 23, 2013, 12:25:08 pm »

Because it's been a while since I last bothered to share any police rage...
Why. Why are your police so shitty, America?

Because they are above the law. They will fail to investigate 99.9% of their own crimes. And 99% of the remainder they will not be prosecuted by their good friends in the prosecution. And 90% of the remainder will exonerated by the fans of absolute authority among the judges and pool of jury candidates.

From my perspective, any police officer who violates their duty to protect and serve, abuses their authority or infringes on the rights of the people should be tried for treason. And their testimony always takes a lower legal priority than that of their victims and other witnesses unless backed by verifiable audio/video records.

Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #26904 on: August 23, 2013, 12:28:02 pm »

I have another wonderful professor this semester. The guy teach poly sci. He opens the first class by asking how many of the students are freshmen (most of them, probably around 4/5 of the class, which cheers him immensely). He talks about how he loves teaching freshmen because he gets to be one of their first experiences in university. At this point, I would normally be thinking something along the lines of "fair enough", but I've been forewarned about him by people who have had him before.

At this point he starts talking about the last Ice Age, edging towards climate change in a truly painfully obvious way, ending on the note of, "Well, now, if global warming is only caused by the Industrial Revolution and SUVs, how did the Ice Age end?" No joke, that's word for word what he said. From there he segued into talking about propaganda, Goebbels, demagoguery, and how we have a responsibility as citizens to see through the lies propagated by the government and media. Followed by him quoting Bill O'Reilly verbatim, apparently from memory, without a trace of irony. If he had suddenly pulled a reveal at the end of the session, I would have called it one of the greatest pieces of satire I've ever seen.

Word from people I know is that the easiest way to get high marks on his paper assignments is to find a way to criticize Obama somehow, because that will distract him from the rest of the paper. One woman showed me one of her old papers where he had completely filled the margins of a page praising her for that, completely ignoring the gist of her argument.

On the flip side, he shot down someone who was advocating cultural relativism as a workable ethical system, but that's small potatoes compared to everything else. I mean, it's one thing for a professor to let traces of their opinions slip into what they teach, but it's another entirely for them to intentionally use the class to actively push their ideology. What happened to unbiased presentation of facts? >.<
Go to the head of the department, with a recording if possible. People like that shouldn't be teaching.

Huh... funny thing is that my Faculty Adviser at my university was censured for the exact opposite speech. He spent a whole class period talking about the threat of global warming, got complaints to the dean, and was teaching very few classes for the next couple years. Granted, this was in a computer science class where it was totally off topic, but still.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26905 on: August 23, 2013, 02:47:14 pm »

Getting to the point where I'm thinking about learning Mandarin and Spanish as an investment, since the cheapest listings on Craigslist are always in those two languages :I

"This room is available for young lady who speaks Mandarin only."

FUUUUUUUUUU
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26906 on: August 23, 2013, 02:48:16 pm »

-snip-

Huh... funny thing is that my Faculty Adviser at my university was censured for the exact opposite speech. He spent a whole class period talking about the threat of global warming, got complaints to the dean, and was teaching very few classes for the next couple years. Granted, this was in a computer science class where it was totally off topic, but still.

From what I've heard it has been tried before. The guy's got tenure and is close to retirement, so he's hard to dislodge. On the other hand, he's slid towards being a "back in my day" type, which is moderately less annoying. Either way it's just a dinky 50 minute per session 100-level course that I had to go back and take, so I don't really care, because I'm basically going to be ignoring him and taking notes from the text anyways, given that he wastes entire sessions repeating himself about things like how extra credit will only affect the final grade if you're close to the line. Or explaining the difficult concept of a syndicated columnist.  ::)

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26907 on: August 23, 2013, 04:20:18 pm »

ESO going P2P.

Sorry, but my disposable income per month isn't large enough to cover that 15$ sub + 60$ up front fee.

Who knows, maybe this uni education will later provide enough disposable income but with the current employment market? That's a hail mary. Until then, this is one game I'll be missing out on. Oh well, at least there'll be EQN.

Worse. They're triple-dipping. You have to buy it, pay a subscription fee AND they have a cash shop.

Not really worth it an ostensibly Elder Scrolls-based MMO (I.E Middle-Earth with ES names slapped on)

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #26908 on: August 23, 2013, 04:24:48 pm »

ESO going P2P.

Worse. They're triple-dipping. You have to buy it, pay a subscription fee AND they have a cash shop.

Not really worth it an ostensibly Elder Scrolls-based MMO (I.E Middle-Earth with ES names slapped on)

Welp, that 100% guarantees I won't be playing it. Clearly, either Bethesda hasn't been paying attention, or they're deluded in thinking they're going to be a run away success with that model.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #26909 on: August 23, 2013, 04:26:09 pm »

Bethesda isn't involved.
Pages: 1 ... 1792 1793 [1794] 1795 1796 ... 3345