Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1790 1791 [1792] 1793 1794 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3689592 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Porcelain Ethics Edition
« Reply #26865 on: August 20, 2013, 10:14:06 pm »

My uni was f*ing expensive, g at least they behaved with the textbook stuff, insofar for the most part many teachers provided the materials themselves.

In other news, while it seemed things were going well in my job, they're trying to weave a web around me using a goddamn calendar. Since apparently some goodwill attitudes of me have been interpreted as a weakness sign, I'm going to escalate this.
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #26866 on: August 21, 2013, 12:49:03 am »

There's some websites out there that let you review your professors and give them ratings... and frankly a lot of the reviews I've seen have been awful.

In my experience a lot of the reviews on those sites are written by the professors themselves.

As for the whole capitalism discussion, what you guys want is a capitalism where exchanges are between things of equal value.  Right now, what we have a system where those in a position of power or with money get to make better exchanges.  In this case, the captive audience of university students is the form of power.

You know, if you want to be optimistic and believe things could be made more fair.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26867 on: August 21, 2013, 08:55:50 am »

buy out detroit, kick everyone out, do some demolishing and support the university via the profit margin you get from rent of a small town you now own
1. Buy out Detroit.
2. Kick everyone out.
3. Demolish.
4. Fill land with Pandas.

Conclusion: Not sure, but pandas. At least you won't have to worry about social issues anymore, because pandas so fluffy ;-;

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26869 on: August 21, 2013, 09:34:48 am »

buy out detroit, kick everyone out, do some demolishing and support the university via the profit margin you get from rent of a small town you now own
1. Buy out Detroit.
2. Kick everyone out.
3. Demolish.
4. Fill land with Pandas.

Conclusion: Not sure, but pandas. At least you won't have to worry about social issues anymore, because pandas so fluffy ;-;

put china on the line

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26870 on: August 21, 2013, 09:49:58 am »

Someone wrote a letter to their neighbor telling them to euthanize their autistic son. You never cease to amaze me, world.
Commentary on the article is amusing and somewhat interesting.

I like it how many people are decrying the author for the hate-filled letter, and then with the next breath describing what sort of nasty things they want to happen to them. 

If you're calling out someone for being hateful ... and then go on to describe how much you hate that person ... where does that leave you?

Of course, I do like the intriguing notion that the author of the letter may actually be male, a teenager, or even a member of the autistic person's family. 

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #26871 on: August 21, 2013, 10:27:42 am »

Greentext story time.

>receives schedule for senior year of high school in mail on August 16, 2013
>goes to school attendance office before the year starts for last minute adjustments on August 21, 2013
>note on door saying the office is closed and all schedule changes must be made before August 16 or else wait until the second week of school.

Bear in mind I did not receive any note with the schedule informing me of this deadline before hand.

GG school, good system you got going here. Really quite efficient at screwing with students, good jerb brah, good jerb.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26872 on: August 21, 2013, 10:29:25 am »

Greentext story time.

>goes to school attendance office before the year starts for last minute adjustments on August 21, 2013
>note on door saying the office is closed and all schedule changes must be made before August 16 or else wait until the second week of school.

Bear in mind I did not receive any note with the schedule informing me of this deadline before hand.

GG school, good system you got going here. Really quite efficient at screwing with students, good jerb brah, good jerb.
>makes greentext post
>text isn't green

:P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #26873 on: August 21, 2013, 10:31:36 am »

But.. greentext means putting a ">" in front of it...

Making it green is called morethantext,

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26874 on: August 21, 2013, 11:18:33 am »

As for the whole capitalism discussion, what you guys want is a capitalism where exchanges are between things of equal value.  Right now, what we have a system where those in a position of power or with money get to make better exchanges.  In this case, the captive audience of university students is the form of power.

You know, if you want to be optimistic and believe things could be made more fair.
How do you convert the value of things that are so different? How can you determine how much sweeping is equal to a loaf of bread?

You can probably tell by now that I am not an optimist.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:20:21 am by Lagslayer »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #26875 on: August 21, 2013, 11:24:10 am »

Greentext is green though.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #26876 on: August 21, 2013, 11:42:40 am »

Greentext is green though.
That's what they want you to believe.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26877 on: August 21, 2013, 11:57:22 am »

Greentext story time.

My schedule had issues, too! I had more luck getting it changed though, although I couldn't get a hold of my personal counselor, I went into the school and the head counselor was there and made everything better. She's scary though, she even knew my name.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26878 on: August 21, 2013, 01:42:05 pm »

Someone wrote a letter to their neighbor telling them to euthanize their autistic son. You never cease to amaze me, world.

Semi-related note. My former roommate and I were talking, and the subject of Autism came up. He started talking about a family he used to sit for, who had an Autistic Kid. He described how the kid "is making a slow recovery from it as he gets older. He might even be cured of it, but he can still name all the US Presidents." Confused, I asked a few questions, and started explaining how the kid sounds more like he had Aspergers, but was not Autistic, and was learning the methods behind socialization as he got older. He responded that, since "he worked with Autistic Kids first hand, he probably has a better idea than I do."

I made a point of not talking about how I was trained formally to work with children with rough family backgrounds, disabilities, and abnormal psychological conditions such as Aspergers. I also didn't talk about how my cousin and brother, and at least 1-2 of my friends, are diagnosed (or are very likely to be) high-functioning. Instead, I wanted to hear him talk more about all the things he knew.

He went on to describe the boy in detail. He used words such as "really stupid, sometimes", "retarded", and "idiot savant". He explained how "though it sounds really bad to say" you have to "treat them the same way you'd treat a Pet." He then went on to share an anecdote about how he got sick of eating at the boy's ritual lunchtime restaurant, and forced them to go get Bacon Cheeseburgers at Wendy's instead, which the boy hated. He considered forcing the kid to eat it his personal triumph, as a caretaker. "See, you've just got to be firm with them and break their habits, like with an animal. That's the only way to really get through to them."

I... okay. I know he is a good person. He's offered me help when I really needed it, and though he is insensitive and misinformed, he generally means well. But he is so wrong. And so sure of himself in his wrongness. There was no diplomatic way to get through to him, so I agreed to disagree.

It took a while, but I'm starting to really, honestly resent him.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 01:46:12 pm by Solifuge »

Spaghetti7

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam ID: wavy shapes dude
    • View Profile
« Reply #26879 on: August 21, 2013, 02:00:36 pm »

Trying to download 20GB of Battlefield 3 on a shitty internet connection and through a shitty program. I hate you Origin, but does that mean you have to break my already incredibly slow download every 5 minutes? Thanks. -_-
That's nothing. I had something mate with a pile of dead meat.
Pages: 1 ... 1790 1791 [1792] 1793 1794 ... 3345