Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1777 1778 [1779] 1780 1781 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3691573 times)

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: Geostupidity Edition
« Reply #26670 on: August 14, 2013, 10:08:26 am »

So I had a job interview this morning at 10 for an Accounts Payable Clerk position. So the interviewer and I sit down and the first question he asks is why someone who graduated Duke would apply for an entry-level position (I had been employed for most of the past five years so I wasn't straight out of college). Clearly he didn't bother to read my resume beforehand. I'm thrown off a bit here, and I basically say that education isn't as important as people think it is. He then goes on to ask if I've been in this line of work before and I say it was only in a tangential way at one of my previous employers. He says that he's looking for someone with experience, despite the fact that it's entry level. Apparently my education and five years of work experience wasn't enough for him to realize that I can easily learn how to shuffle papers around the office.

When I get home, I had a call on the answering machine at 10:20 from them asking me where I was and why I haven't yet showed up for the interview. These people are truly idiots.

You know, I left my last job because I was given responsibilities that I couldn't handle and thought the only honest thing to do was to leave and let someone more capable than me take over. Now I'm beginning to see that reading a 1 page resume is too much effort for hiring managers to do and that I should draw a big smiley face with a crayon and submit it to employers for consideration.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #26671 on: August 14, 2013, 11:37:11 am »

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

I have to be really sick to call in sick from work and miss out on $120 for the day.

I now hate being sick even more than I did before.

Could be worse, if you were me you'd lose over twice that much per day.  Does that make you feel better?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

freeformschooler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26672 on: August 14, 2013, 11:39:41 am »

Could be worse, if you were me you'd lose over twice that much per day.  Does that make you feel better?

It does, actually.

I also feel better in knowing that I didn't shut the whole place down with my tactical fever launcher (if you know what I mean [I mean my mouth]).

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26673 on: August 14, 2013, 12:32:42 pm »

Finally managed to log in to see my debit card balance. Unfortunately, I don't have enough to buy Reus(on sale at GOG). And for some reason, I still can't use my other cash gift card(which does have enough) to buy from GOG, even through PayPal.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26674 on: August 14, 2013, 05:18:31 pm »

Spend half the day downloading WoT for the desktop PC.

Installation keeps crashing after 50%

RAGE
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
« Reply #26675 on: August 14, 2013, 07:24:17 pm »

*Is restricted to semi liquids because of wisdom teeth removal*

*Mother makes pasta and fried fish for dinner and I get chicken soup*

*Cries*
It's FEF, not FEOF

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26676 on: August 14, 2013, 09:03:31 pm »

*Is restricted to semi liquids because of wisdom teeth removal*

*Mother makes pasta and fried fish for dinner and I get chicken soup*

*Cries*
Look on the bright side: you've got some pretty great painkillers.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #26677 on: August 14, 2013, 09:58:03 pm »

Do research on secure email providers, get account set up, Outlook not only won't let me mass-forward the emails I'd sorted out that I need to keep, it also is experiencing stability issues today so I can't even get to them one-by-one.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #26678 on: August 15, 2013, 07:02:31 am »

Went to dentists to get a filling. Turns out it was pretty deep, and despite entering perfectly the numbing agent did very little. Except apparently it did a lot because when it wore off, oh the pain I've been feeling. Disturbed the nerve...pain makes me testy.

I've always been good at blocking out temporary pain (I'm one of those weird people who prefer to watch the needle go in when going under general anaesthetic), so the actual filling wasn't so bad, but persisting pain is really irritating.

Also how exactly can a tooth feel "Wooden"...the fuck does that even mean? Like, you're hitting it and then you're hitting the other one and both feel like you're hitting an unfeeling piece of enamel attached to my gums. The fuck does wooden mean?
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 07:05:11 am by MorleyDev »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26679 on: August 15, 2013, 11:01:36 am »

Youtube finally went and fucking did it. They disabled My Subscriptions. Why? Just why? What in the hell was wrong with having a decently presented list of your videos? What is even the point of having subscriptions if you have them in a uselessly extended list?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #26680 on: August 15, 2013, 11:33:07 am »

You mean this page? It still works for me.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26681 on: August 15, 2013, 12:00:11 pm »

No, I mean the old hidden-but-functional subscriptions page. Not the new this-is-not-facebook-morons one. Now I have to scroll all over the place and watched videos won't disappear. Fucking Youtube.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #26682 on: August 15, 2013, 01:05:50 pm »

I still can't get over how retarded their suggested videos change was.

What's that?

You'd like to see videos similar to the one you're watching? Like say, more songs from the same author?

Tough luck buddy, here's a bunch of stuff related to that one video you saw two months ago.

ARGLEBARGLE!!!!

JUST FUCKING ARGLEBARGLE!!!!
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #26683 on: August 15, 2013, 01:09:44 pm »

JUST FUCKING ARGLEBARGLE!!!!
Sounds fun.

Yeah, I got nothin that's helpful, although I'm currently filled with unrelated anger over my failure to actually accomplish anything with my life thus far. Gotta fix that shit :I

I'm in one hell of a rut, although fortunately it's not the biology kind.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26684 on: August 15, 2013, 02:30:03 pm »

GAH!
The maintenance is done and I STILL can't log into Mabinogi.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 ... 1777 1778 [1779] 1780 1781 ... 3345