Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1774 1775 [1776] 1777 1778 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692461 times)

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: R.I.P Bambi Edition
« Reply #26625 on: August 11, 2013, 03:06:15 pm »

Well, not "only", but its a soft target.

more often than not, pirates have to deal with an increased amount of malware than your typical internet userTM so they either know at least the basics of security or have a computer filled to the brim with it

why would you think they're a soft target, anyway?

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26626 on: August 11, 2013, 03:08:12 pm »

The willingness to download files of dubious origin from less than clean sources.
This is a blank sig.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26627 on: August 11, 2013, 03:33:08 pm »

YouTube comments time? YouTube comments time.
Why would they walk 3 hours to the nearest water source? WHY NOT FUCKING LIVE NEAR THE GOD DAMN WATER SOURCE?

Africans are so fucking stupid. Give the all the water and food in the world. Guess what they will do with it? Nothing. Just fight and kill each other. Africa will be forever a 3rd world continent.

Live in a desert and there is no food. Well no shit why the fuck are you living in a desert?
I do not know if I even have the capacity to put emotions to how stupid this is. But if I did it would probably be rage.

EDIT: Cleaned up unnecessary line breaks.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2013, 03:35:47 pm by Graknorke »
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #26628 on: August 11, 2013, 03:34:52 pm »

Live in a desert and there is no food. Well no shit why the fuck are you living in a desert?
xD

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26629 on: August 11, 2013, 03:35:12 pm »

Ok, I will ask though why they don't live closer to the water though?

I assume though it is so they have more food.

I mean I assume there is a reason, but for the life of me I don't know it.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26630 on: August 11, 2013, 03:38:42 pm »

Because near the water lives the giant desert scorpions, of course.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Aptus

• Bay Watcher
  • Indeed ôo
    • View Profile
« Reply #26631 on: August 11, 2013, 04:03:47 pm »

I am so sick of "it worked perfectly yesterday"-errors.... there is always something. This time it's the sound on my tv from my computer. Worked perfectly yesterday but today it's like "hurr durr but you need a separate sound cable from your pc durr"... no I do not mr. Windows... I am going to use the same bloody HDMI cable I used yesterday when it worked fine and YOU WILL SUBMIT!

I love errors some times, when it's the kind I can logically think out a solution and a reason behind it, but when it is just these random work one second, not the next with no discernible reason errors I just want to become a hermit.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26632 on: August 11, 2013, 04:04:41 pm »

My Computer seems to decide whether or not it will run Fallout New Vegas correctly or not.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26633 on: August 11, 2013, 05:34:23 pm »

Some stupid-ass person nearly got herself killed by me today.

I'm cruising down the freeway at a safe, decent speed and this lady in a pickup starts to merge onto the freeway ahead of me. She's going faster than I am and ahead of me, so she's totally fine.

Until, at least, she decides that somehow she's not going to make it and hits the brakes while riding the line between he right lane (where I am) and the shoulder, leaving no room on either side. The lane to my left has cars in it, so I can't move over. My only option is to hit the brakes, and I still would have ran her over if she hadn't grown some brains and went back to the shoulder, out of my way.

If that wasn't enough, not five minutes later I got a message from Safety Department; the truck had signalled that I had done some emergency braking and they wanted to know what happened. Thankfully, all I got was a reminder to be a little more careful next time.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26634 on: August 11, 2013, 06:29:07 pm »

Maybe because the land nearer the water has already been claimed by a larger and/or more aggressive group of people?

I would have no idea, just seems like a logical possibility. :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26635 on: August 11, 2013, 06:33:16 pm »

There's also issues with shifting climate and such. Like maybe there was plentiful water there not that long ago, but it's gone for one reason or another, or became polluted, and they're stuck with the house and it's not exactly easy to find a new house to go to.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26636 on: August 11, 2013, 06:36:14 pm »

Nah, it's usually something much simpler than that.
For example, all of the shit is already somewhere far away from the water and relocating it all would be a ridiculously difficult effort.

EDIT: Directed at Yoink, not Pnx.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26637 on: August 11, 2013, 06:44:38 pm »

We're talking about somewhere in Africa, right?
I didn't think poverty-stricken villages down that way had all that much to relocate. :-/ I could be wrong, though.
Also it'd probably be a deadly trek to make across all that desert to reach the water in the first place, especially without proper equipment such as containers of water, sun-proof clothing and what-not.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26638 on: August 11, 2013, 06:53:25 pm »

Farms are not easy to relocate, and there is not a form of long-term housing that isn't a significant effort to build.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26639 on: August 11, 2013, 07:04:32 pm »

YouTube comments time? YouTube comments time.
Why would they walk 3 hours to the nearest water source? WHY NOT FUCKING LIVE NEAR THE GOD DAMN WATER SOURCE?

Africans are so fucking stupid. Give the all the water and food in the world. Guess what they will do with it? Nothing. Just fight and kill each other. Africa will be forever a 3rd world continent.

I do not know if I even have the capacity to put emotions to how stupid this is. But if I did it would probably be rage.

Sometimes, water is only available in certain parts of the world at certain times of the year, due to climate conditions. Relocating to follow the water would require a specialized way of life that would prevent them from having long-term stationary infrastructure, like homes, fruit farms, food-processing areas, electric generators, pastures, etc. Not worth the trade, as far as the modern world is concerned.

Why do some of us live in places with deadly animals, tornados, floods, landslides, and ice storms? Somewhere without access to the sea? Somewhere fully urbanized, without any remaining natural areas? Somewhere the sun doesn't shine for months at a time? Somewhere that criminalizes the discussion of certain kinds of information? Somewhere without accessible/affordable education or medical care? We all have our reasons for living where we do. It's usually a combination of personal ties, cultural traditions, necessity, convenience, and familiarity.
Pages: 1 ... 1774 1775 [1776] 1777 1778 ... 3345