Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1763 1764 [1765] 1766 1767 ... 3345

Author Topic: Things that made you RRRRRRAAAAGGGGEEEE today: Trust-o-nomics Edition  (Read 3692591 times)

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you RRAAAAGGGGEEEE today thread: R.I.P Bambi Edition
« Reply #26460 on: August 09, 2013, 01:16:58 am »

once a team of mormons went around my block and tried to convert my hardcore christian dad

but I thought they were FBI agents so I thought that my dad was getting arrested because they wore black suits and drove in an unmarked white sedan

the things you think of at two in the morning

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26461 on: August 09, 2013, 01:21:02 am »

once a team of mormons went around my block and tried to convert my hardcore christian dad

but I thought they were FBI agents so I thought that my dad was getting arrested because they wore black suits and drove in an unmarked white sedan

Don't think those were mormons.....

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26462 on: August 09, 2013, 01:22:35 am »

Reading webcomics is a good way to compound the two in the morning issue.  All I can think of is putting pokemon in power armor. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #26463 on: August 09, 2013, 01:26:57 am »

Reading webcomics is a good way to compound the two in the morning issue.  All I can think of is putting pokemon in power armor. 
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26464 on: August 09, 2013, 02:07:13 am »

That is impressive power armor.

Also when did the rage thread somehow turn into the WTF thread?

Unless I guess you wanted to kill the Mormons.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #26465 on: August 09, 2013, 02:48:47 am »

So I just downloaded Jagged Alliance Online. Every time I try to play it it opens a link to the Steam page instead of starting the game. What in the fuck?

I got a Jakobs double-barrel shotgun in Borderlands 2 that can four shot most Badasses, unless they're armoured, and one shot everything fucking else in the world. Its WHITE. Its not rare or anything, I just picked it up off the ground, and its a level lower than my other guns, which are green, purple and blue, respectively. Its also two levels LOWER than all of those guns. It wasn't in a chest or anything. My other guns are garbage compared to this thing. Normally I'd be happy to have a new, awesome gun. I'd be fucking ecstatic if it was an ultra rare or something. But its just a regular fucking shotgun. Why? I don't even fucking understand why this boring, under levelled shotgun is just so fucking amazing when all my other guns have like flame decals and flashy scopes and cool reloads and shit. Its so good I don't use anything else and I love it but it rattles the logical part of my brain. Why is this shotgun so fucking good when it should be a piece of shit.

Lightningfalcon

• Bay Watcher
  • Target locked. Firing main cannon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26466 on: August 09, 2013, 03:00:47 am »

Trying to deal with my laptop.  I got a Dell Inspiron N5010, and I'm currently on my seventh charger in less then three years.   My first one lasted almost an entire year, but about six or so months in took some work to get it to charge (Cord had to be in right direction).  Towards the end I had to either prop it against something or hold it with my hand to get it to charge.  Second lasted almost half a year, and suddenly just stopped working.  After that each one has only lasted a few months.  This one I got during the summer at some point, so it's not even two months old.  It works perfectly fine if the battery is out, but if I want to charge the battery?  I have to plug and unplug it at least thirty times.  And from how much help I can find googling this it isn't a rare problem either.  And I really don't want to shell out the money for yet another charger because I'm trying to save up money for a decent desktop computer PRECISELY because of this kind of problem. 
Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum circo vincendarum
W-we just... wanted our...
Actually most of the people here explicitly wanted chaos and tragedy. So. Uh.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #26467 on: August 09, 2013, 03:16:05 am »

I hate Borderlands 2.

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26468 on: August 09, 2013, 09:02:29 am »

Why do different aspect ratios exist? All of my Star Trek DVDs look terrible on my 4:3 TV since they're in 16:9, and all of my 4:3 anime DVDs look terrible on my portable DVD player since it's 16:9 and doesn't even have the option to letterbox them. And finding an awesome wallpaper that looks terrible on your monitor due to an incorrect aspect ratio, that's some fuckery right there. Why can't everybody get together and say "Fuck different aspect ratios, let's make up our minds"?
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

MagmaMcFry

• Bay Watcher
  • [EXISTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #26469 on: August 09, 2013, 09:11:42 am »

Doesn't your TV have adjustable aspect ratio?

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #26470 on: August 09, 2013, 09:17:54 am »

Doesn't your TV have adjustable aspect ratio?

It doesn't actually, it's a CRT of indeterminate age. It also doesn't have any inputs on the back, which is pretty damn annoying but not as bad as the aspect ratio thing.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #26471 on: August 09, 2013, 09:20:21 am »

I'd be fucking ecstatic if it was an ultra rare or something. But its just a regular fucking shotgun. Why? I don't even fucking understand why this boring, under levelled shotgun is just so fucking amazing when all my other guns have like flame decals and flashy scopes and cool reloads and shit. Its so good I don't use anything else and I love it but it rattles the logical part of my brain. Why is this shotgun so fucking good when it should be a piece of shit.

Kinda sounds like you've been holding on to your rares for too long. When whites trump everything in your inventory, it's time to move up a tier.

I'm level 53 or something and I can tell you the damage difference between a level 52 weapon and a level 53 is enormous.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 09:24:41 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26472 on: August 09, 2013, 09:42:01 am »

My CV is a source of RAGE.

I'm useless with this sort of thing. Utterly useless. It's like they decided that I'd need to make something that pushes on all my weak points. I'm bad at describing myself, I rather lack in self confidence so I feel like a tit half the time when I do, I have NO hobbies, I lack any employment barring my work experience, which makes me a prime candidate for 'sorry, we're looking for someone with more experience.', which is shitty as hell, because you *can't* get experience if NO PLACE WILL HIRE YOU BECAUSE YOU LACK ANY!

1. find a now bankrupt company
2. claim you did internship there for a reasonable period of time

they can't prove shit, but you've got to prepare yourself a bit re: what the company did and who worked there because they will ask (not necessarily check, but will ask and you've got to look like you know your shit when they do)

ding ding you win

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26473 on: August 09, 2013, 09:49:39 am »

it's kind of sad that people who have a moral compass are more or less screwed in today's society, don't you think?

wish you luck in finding something.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #26474 on: August 09, 2013, 10:09:02 am »

I've decided I really loathe hype building. And not just by AAA companies. There is something patently dishonest about, for example, giving things away to people simply because they're excited about your product. I feel like it's a distraction, or a form of false community building. It's like, if I walk around and give $10 to every homeless person I can find, I'll amass an army that will have my back for 24 hours. Video game fans aren't homeless but I feel like they basically get lured by the same premise. Your game should elicit uncontrolled excitement by virtue of what it is, not because the louder people say they want it, the more likely they are to get free stuff or because MOAR CAPS EQUALS A BETTER PITCH. It's a bribe to show your loyalty. That's not really loyalty.

It's like, it was a blatant grab for attention when AAA companies do it. But when someone else does it, suddenly it's noble community building?
« Last Edit: August 09, 2013, 10:11:22 am by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 1763 1764 [1765] 1766 1767 ... 3345